Guest viewing is limited

Swelling? Can't figure out why....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey jbucks! Are you part of the insurance industry? I'm pretty new but in taking my Series 63 test at the end of the month and then I will be fully licensed in investments and securities also. Mind-boggling actually that this is what I decide to do at the age of 51! But my husband is a workaholic, and my last child I was leaving home in less than a year, so I don't want to spend hours alone at home twiddling my thumbs so I jumped in with 2 feet and now have my own insurance agency


4/1/2014 TKR
 
@jbucks front and center here too. I am so over it. Maybe someday I will be glad I did it. Certainly not feeling anything close to that now.
 
@Tamsmom no I am not in the insurance business apology if I led you to believe, my husband is in pharmaceutical medical device sales and same thing. you don't sell you don't get paid. what type of insurance are you selling. sounds interesting...
@hopefaith isn't it refreshing to see people in the same situation. I went to see my OS yesterday, well actually the PA and she was very pleased said I looked great for where I am at etc on and on. I said then why don't I feel better and move better etc. She said oh honey that will take at least 6 months. ok 2 months down 4 more to go.
 
Love it..."oh honey!"

I sell all lines of insurance, property, causality, life, health, disability, long term care (which by the way you will probably get denied for it if you have had a total knee replacement recently) investments...




4/1/2014 TKR
 
hope you are doing well today. I am having a pity party for myself and need a bit of encouragement. My docs say looking great. my knee says you have comes long way baby. my mind says why can't this be over and get back to the way it was. still have tons of stiffness when I get up from sitting and swelling. do you have any secret help
 
@jbucks, you are about 8 weeks? It is the time when you are just ready to be done with this whole process. But there is still a lot of improvement to come and it just takes so much time and there's nothing we can do about that.
I still have stiffness and awareness of the foreign object in my leg and still somewhat swollen, but pain not very much. To me how my new knee feels with the replacement is better then without, if I'm active it doesn't really get worse but with the arthritis it certainly did.

I feel for you, if you look back to my posts probably three or four weeks ago you will see me saying probably about the same thing. But today we are heading out to our cabin at a lake and I've been getting ready to go with no worse for wear and while I'm a little hesitant to do some of the stuff that's up there I know that it's not going to be any worse than what it would've been last summer with two very sore knees.
There's nothing we can do to make it go faster and I suppose we should not wish our lives away! I hope you find something to do that's enjoyable on this weekend!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Tamsmom thanks I needed that. have fun at the lake enjoy. I have been cleaning the house. It is amazing how everyone thinks you should be better and back to normal as a mom. the girls are home from college a godsend at the beginning but now, they are pretty much in and out with shoes and laundry everywhere. oh well enjoy. it is going to be really nice this weekend in the Columbus Ohio.
 
Well getting back to normal takes a lot of work! We went to our little place on a lake Saturday, it was a pretty good time up there. I could get on and out of the boat, etc. the ground is so uneven up there that I was very cautious of where I walked. I really wanted to get on the jet ski but didn't, even though it is very stable I didn't think I should chance falling off and injuring the new knee...I don't know if I should even do it at all this summer.
While I did fine during the day, after being in bed for about a hour I was in pain. Percocet twice that night and ice got me to get to sleep finally about 3 am. Plus we had storms from 10 to about 3....those didn't help getting to sleep. @midwestgirl, I know you got hit pretty bad, hope you are back up and icing!

I got Tramadol finally and took it last night. My first OS gave it too me last summer when I went on vacation and knew I would be walking a ton(NYC) and I don't remember it helping much....that trip is what finally convinced me I needed to get my knees replaced, it was awful!

So, where am I?11 or so weeks out? I don't feel like much progress has been made these last few weeks. I need to get on my own workout schedule and that means up early and I a still just so tired in the mornings...and the by the time get home from work I am tired again!

@hopefaith, enjoy your son's big day!
@jbucks, I hope you ended up having a good weekend. I was glad to help you see how far your have come and how we are all feeling pretty much the same thing!
@beetle71, have you gotten to enjoy the pool?
@JustJeff, I want to be as active as you! Pic don't even know where to start.
@Phil, dang, I can't remember the rest if your name....is wear I will been the golf course soon, hopefully is remember how to use those new hybrids I got right before surgery!

We have had so many storms this last several weeks, time to dry up a little bit!


4/1/2014 TKR
 
@Tamsmom I'm not getting your tags. Thank you for your well wishes. I just came over to your thread and happened on your note to me. I am 9 1/2 weeks out. What a process! Never had a clue this would try me to my very core. You remind me of me in this recovery. :yes: I woke last night with my knee aching like crazy. That hasn't happened in weeks.....weird.
 
@jbucks front and center here too. I am so over it. Maybe someday I will be glad I did it. Certainly not feeling anything close to that now.
Me either....still get tired easily, but I am a full time babysitter for my 8 and 4 yr old grandchildren. Had my TKR on May 6... until I found this site, I didn't know that my PT shouldn't have been using such force bending my knee, so I really believe that has been counterproductive. I'm no wuss...but she would push it to a "10". When I said it was really painful, she would say she was sorry, but it was necessary! She said , your knee just doesn't wanna bend and it's not swollen,like I shouldn't have any problem bending it. It might not be really swollen on the outside, but I know there is internal swelling, or I would be able to bend it better ....duh! My extension is 0 and flexion is 106..I've been walking without any assistive device for 3 weeks now.I am thinking about doing the rest of my PT at home...I am on my recumbent bike at least 3x/day plus several other exercises. Guess I'm just weary of it today...perhaps the sleep deprivation has something to do with that...lol. This surgery has definitely kicked my butt! Cannot even think of doing the other one, especially considering the spinal anesthesia complications I had. Hang in there!
 
got Tramadol finally and took it last night. My first OS gave it too me last summer when I went on vacation and knew I would be walking a ton(NYC) and I don't remember it helping much....that trip is what finally convinced me I needed to get my knees replaced, it was awful!
Hope the Tramadol helped. I had the same issue a trip this past January convinced me. Not regretting just frustrating.
My aunt I went up to see died this am, so the visit a week ago was worth the knee pain. Thanks @Tamsmom for the words of encouragement . I needed that.
About the jetski I am not sure on that this year. But maybe by august...
 
I don't regret the surgery, at least not yet! I have a huge fear that something will wrong or I would fall.

Go USA! We just won our first match in the World Cup!

Now back to the knee....it has been pretty good today! I think I might go for a walk when the weather cools off. Nebraska has been hit all day again with tornados and hail, being a insurance agent it is always on my ind.

Jbucks, I think no jet ski is probably the smart thing to do this summer, referring back to the fears I have. I am glad you made the trip to see your family, it is a time you won't get again and really a little knee pain, Rent we all used to it by now.?

@hopefaith, I hope you are having a lovely day!

@71Beetle, how are you feeling?



4/1/2014 TKR
 
I agree that it's probably a good idea to skip the jet ski this summer. It's not that you couldn't ride it, but there is always a risk that you could get knocked off and hurt yourself. It's temporary and you're just taking the safe road. That's smart!!

Depending on the water, any pounding action hitting waves could be uncomfortable too. So that's probably another good reason to pass for a while.
 
@Tamsmom Go USA is right. we were glued to our tvs last evening watching. It's amazing how something like that brings the entire family together for a few hours.

@hopefaith hopefully the wedding went off without problems and your knee was fine
 
@Tamsmom I keep hearing about this awful weather in Nebraska. Are you alright? Such scary stuff!!!
~hopefaith
 
yes, we have been fortunate so far...but up in the little town of Pilger, it is pretty much gone...
 
Another day and another round of severe weather!
Work keeps me so busy and tired that I haven't been getting enough exercise and stretching in! When we have a scheduled appointment we keep it but now that I dint have that I haven't made time this week.

Sleep? When will I ever get a good nights again?

I haven't gotten hear much this week, miss you all! Hope everyday is a little better than the day before.




4/1/2014 TKR
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom