Swelling? Can't figure out why....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an interesting conversation with a gentleman I sold something to on Craig's list???he had BLTKR in 2010, his scars were twice as long as mine! Anyway he talked about how much the surgery messed with his mental state of mind....he said several things about how hard is was for him right after surgery and thinks every patient should be given a anti-anxiety medication!

I got a little cocky and did too much today....the knee is still in charge! And the other knee? Well it hurts! I am starting to consider replacing it before the end of our insurance year 11/30. I don't want to do this during my daughters senior year in high school, but it makes sense financially


4/1/2014 TKR
 
[Bonesmart.org] Swelling? Can't figure out why....


Late night Facebook posting




4/1/2014 TKR
 
My physical therapy has now moved to more strengthening of my quads, I even worked up a good sweat today! Pretty sure I was feeling it tomorrow hopefully just the normal muscle pain from working out for the first time in a while.

The weather channel storm chasers are all over my town, so I better make sure that I can get down to my basement quickly.

Kind of spooky because 34 years ago tomorrow which was also a Tuesday my town was hit with 5 to 7 tornadoes, it was all for the national news and the president came to visit and I lost a good part of my house I grew up in, I hope history is not repeating itself!


4/1/2014 TKR
 
@Tamsmom hopefully the storms did not hit. we are getting some today probably the remnants of yours. I am working on quads as well with additional back and core exercises. woo I felt it. @Josephine gave some really good advice about meds and it seems my pain is a bit more intense from the rehab

I am trying to get my emotions under control. as my body and mind say I can do this,but my emotions keep getting in the way. hope you have a good day. I am taking some time today to clean out some of my jewelry. that costume jewelry adds up from years of gifts and buying. I must get rid of some.
 
@Tamsmom I am also wondering about you and the awful storms we are hearing about. "baseball hail" seriously? That sounds so scary, to say the least! Please let us know how you are.
~hopefaith
 
Ah thanks for checking on me, thankfully our city was spared, lots of rain and pea sized hail, @midwestgirl lives about 20 miles south of me and her area wasn't hit hard either, but boy some people had their homes just shredded by the hail, I had never seen houses like this before!




4/1/2014 TKR
 
@jbucks, my mind and body need to get on the same page too! So maddening at times, I am scared to try much, I keep thinking I am getting stronger and the I can't lift my leg up to put on shorts!


4/1/2014 TKR
 
@Tamsmom two steps forward three back. was working on flexion. I go to pt now extension lost a bit. oh my. I told my pt there is wayyyyy too much to worry about here and he laughed sooo hard. my pt told me 110 and
-3 is good at 6 weeks. he also told me that if I didn't get back to 130 and 0 he considers himself a failure. he said patience and perserverance is what it all about.
 
I am too sore, I think I will have to scold my PT for the first time. Working at a desk all day doesn't help...and of course nothing is going right to get back on track at my job...you would think no one has ever taken a medical leave...Can you tell I am just a little bit crabby?

When I was first post op I posted the funniest and most clever things on Facebook about my situation and recovery and then the sun would go down and I would get overwhelmed and tired and hurt and I would just cry. This afternoon feels like one of those nights. Anyway I decided to make a gratitude post in the evening so I HAD to focus on something positive to end the day...I just put them on my timeline, I didn't want or need the comments to "keep it up" " you are great" **** on the post. I think i need to revisit this, anyone want to join me?
 
Why can't I ever get to sleep? I don't nap, I am not in pain...it is so frustrating!


4/1/2014 TKR
 
@Tamsmom by all means yes. you would think we are sisters. I have had the same feelings throughout. iam have such good days but the bad ones become so weepy. I had to do a reality check as well. I'm healthy, family is healthy, I have a rooof over my head and my husband is beyond supportive.
one solution for sleeplessness is a half a benadryl. it calms me and it is much less than the unisom tablets. my doc says you won't be addicted.
 
Well it is Saturday and on schedule my knee has stiffened up. Probably the most prickly pain or feeling that I have had in a long time, I get so frustrated when this happens.

Maybe a little movement will help, I have been studying for a while now.


4/1/2014 TKR
 
I had PT bright and early at 7 am, this is my last week and then it is up to me to keep getting stronger. Does anyone go to a fitness club and use weight machines to help get stronger?


4/1/2014 TKR
 
@Tamsmom i go to our YMCA. it is right up the street and will be convenient. my PT said he would give exercises and machines to use. hopefully they will do the same. you are twelve weeks out right. I began to get that prickly feeling as well nerves must be waking up. My PT told me today to start with something soft and rub on skin and kep,working up to different materials to try to de-sensitize the area. I may be experiencing something different. Are you back to work. I am dreading it.
 
10 weeks, don't make my knee older than it is! This whole thing is moved to the back burner for everyone but me....
I have been back to work pretty much full time since Memorial Day. I would say there was only 3 weeks where I just didn't do anything with my job. I am an insurance agent and Clint's don't care if you are out for surgery and the company I work for about threw a gasket when I asked to have my contract frozen for a month, they didn't know what to do so they just canceled my contract and made me sign all new ones 1 June. It has been the biggest pain in the butt to get back going again.

Back in the days before arthritis I was a Y rat and spent a lot of time cycling, running and doing weights. I kind of want to be back in that environment again and not feel like I am hurt or recovering for something.

Geez, in the middle of the night I was watching an infomercial about the health drink and arthritis cure called Supple, I was so delusional and desperate I almost bought it! But I know better


4/1/2014 TKR
 
You know what else is been bugging me lately is every time I ice I am freezing and get the shivers, anybody else experience that?


4/1/2014 TKR
 
@Tamsmom yes very much so! I go to bed with ice and one sheet because I am too warm. I wake up about 2 hr. Later shivering and grabbing for my hoodie and more blankets. It's become a routine albeit not such a pleasant one. :unsure:
 
10 weeks, don't make my knee older than it is! This whole thing is moved to the back burner for everyone but me....
So sorry. Back burner, not for me it is front and center staring me in the face daily.
I am sorry about your clients and the insurance business, I hope you were able to get those back. I understand that market very well. YOu dont sell you dont get paid.
I second you on the delusional infomercials. I think I would try anything to get a good nights sleep.
Take care and keep in touch
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom