THR Sweet Alice on the move

Yay Alice!!
@rainmaker Just occurred to me, males do have it easier.
No leg shaving...and you get to stand up to pee! Not fair!:)

Most of the power in the world is concentrated in the hands of a minority of males - in my opinion, that's a bigger unfairness. And it definitely means we have it easier, no argument...
 
Congrats on shaving your legs @sweet alice
It is the little things that feel like milestones on the way to getting your life back.
This surgery gives you a thankful heart upon realizing all the little things we took for granted
before pain and lack of flexibility / mobility took over.
I hope your day is sweet and your week great!
 
Good you are feeling so well.
Only 10 days out though...don't get over zealous.
Lots of deep healing happening.
 
Slow and easy. Been walking a little farther each day that I felt good. Today was a good day. In a chair with ice now. I am trying to be good and not do more than my body tells me. It takes me quite a while to make that walk as I am very slow.
 
Plan on a rest day after an active day. Pretty soon the rest days get shorter and shorter. You are doing great! Just take it slow and steady.
 
New issue- I seem to be having an allergic reaction to the giant bandaid covering my incision. I have had reactions to regular band-aids but this is getting a little bad. The rash is showing at the sides of the adhesive and the itching is bad. I have one covering left so going to shower and see about changing it. Maybe I can move it over half inch or so to give the skin a rest. May need to call OS tomorrow and see what else I can do
 
Do you have stitches or staples that will need removing? Or did they use glue on your incision. At 13 days out you should be able to take that plaster off and let the skin breathe. I am not a medical expert but if it were me - that's what I would do.
 
No staple I was glued shut. I had to take the outer bandages off. Couldn’t stand it
 
Aww, miserable! I hope removing it helps and you find relief soon.
Wishing you a good week as you continue healing!
@sweet alice
 
OS called back. Ok to remove bandage and leave area open. Need to figure a way to keep site dry when showering for another week. Hoping fresh air helps calm the skin some.
 
I was glued too and was able to shower without having to cover it for any length of time. Just gently clean it and pat dry as soon as you are done.
 
Need to figure a way to keep site dry when showering for another week.
I was told that if I didn't let the shower water "beat directly" on the wound it was OK to get it wet and just dry it well after a shower. Removing the dressing should help that area calm down.
 
Doing well. Today’s walk, one mile, was good. Very slow, but felt good. Incision is healing nicely but still have the skin reaction to the adhesive of the bandage. That is healing very slowly. Lesson learned, absolutely no bandaids ever.
 
Happy Saturday :wave:
Good for you! You're doing great. I had a horrible reaction to that tape they applied in the OR.
My skin was an angry red when they pulled it off. Can't recall how long it took to settle but thankfully it does.
Hope you have a peaceful Memorial weekend!
@sweet alice
 
Glad to hear you are seeing some progress!
Surgery was a jarring experience for me as I've never had a Major surgery before.
Hope you are having a good weekend, @sweet alice
 
Holy cow, @sweet alice, I know we're not supposed to compare recoveries, but I want mine to be like yours! So inspiring! Good to hear you're out and about, racking up the mileage - I'll bet the weather's lovely in Missouri this time of year!
 
Holy cow, @sweet alice, I know we're not supposed to compare recoveries, but I want mine to be like yours! So inspiring! Good to hear you're out and about, racking up the mileage - I'll bet the weather's lovely in Missouri this time of year!

Little warm here lately. And yes, I am a little freak of nature when healing from major surgery. Stay strong and go at your pace.
 
Another milestone. Managed to tie my shoe today. Woo hoo!! Took me forever as I move so slowly anticipating a pain that never comes.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom