THR Sweet Alice on the move

Made it to the weekend! So far so good I think. Finally that that bathroom “break through” and abdomen feels better. still just small walks around the house. Today I am going to try to visit my daughter. She lives very close so short drive by husband and just a short visit. Feeling like a nap will be involved.
 
You sound good! Take it easy on the car ride and visit. Consider bringing an ice pack.
I didn't do well with car rides early on and I didn't even attempt one until I was 3 weeks post op.
I hope you have a nice visit with your daughter, it may wear you out. Then you can nap :yawn: :sleep:
Happy Mother's Day to you!
@sweet alice
 
You sound good! Take it easy on the car ride and visit. Consider bringing an ice pack.
I didn't do well with car rides early on and I didn't even attempt one until I was 3 weeks post op.
I hope you have a nice visit with your daughter, it may wear you out. Then you can nap :yawn: :sleep:
Happy Mother's Day to you!
@sweet alice

She lives all of 2 miles from me. Though it would be an easy trip. Made it there and back. Tired but not any sorer than “normal “. Nice visit. Back home legs up, air pumps on legs and ice on hip.
 
Good for you! Makes you feel like less of a patient :heehee:
Hope you have a relaxing afternoon!
@sweet alice
 
@sweet alice
You sound like you're doing really well! Out visiting, car rides! All helps to keep your mood positive.
Also the GI breakthroughs!
Happy Mother's Day to you!
 
Glad you made short trip, and came back to assume the position:ice:
Hope you have a Good Day.
 
Day 8. Feeling great. Minimal swelling. Muscles in leg seem to be working although groin muscle is tender and well as rear. No pain meds for 5 days. Been walking the drive way twice daily and adding a little distance each day if the day before didn’t cause any aches. Still on walker as 1- don’t feel safe without it and 2- still relying on it heavily. No hurry to get rid of it yet. Ice is my new best friend. Whenever I am in chair, let is elevated and ice is on. I think that has been the biggest help.
 
You sound wonderful and you're doing everything as you should be. Taking it slow and easy.
Using a walker at this stage of the game is the norm in my estimation.
I used ice every time I was sitting, laying down or sleeping also. It really helps!
Keep it up, you're doing great!
@sweet alice
 
That's the way I did it @sweet alice .
It's slow but sure.
You'll get there.
Healing hugs!:loveshwr:
 
Well decided to ditch the walker. Been using the cane today and doing wonderfully I might add. Doing a little more around the house with major rests in between. Feeling like big progress. When the doctor sends you home 26 hours after your surgery with instruction of “ you can basically do what ever doesn’t hurt. If it hurts, don’t do that”. Makes one a little nervous about doing things.
 
Just listen to that hip @sweet alice ! It will tell you very quickly if you are doing too much or moving in the wrong direction. Sounds like you are doing great!
 
:egypdance: Yay, for small strides.
Taking it slow and easy is the right way to get it done!
I think you are doing just great too!
:yes!:
 
Hi @sweet alice
I was sent home with the same instruction. No restrictions. Move slowly carefully and if it hurts, STOP!
With an awareness of all the normal restrictions I loosely followed them on my own. I was discharged in 23 hrs, just as you and was a little unnerved about being released to the care of my husband who turned out to be a very attentive caregiver. I think you'll do great! You get comfortable pretty quickly as I'm sure you'll agree. Congrats on moving away from the walker to the cane.
I hope you have a great weekend!
 
My TKR last summer was outpatient...surgery at noon, discharged at 6pm. THR will be same except surgery in am, so will be home by mid afternoon! I told the surgeon it scared the bejebbies out of me! He laughed!:heehee:
I did great! Much better than first TKR when I stayed in hospital 4 days!
 
Red letter day! Managed to shave my legs. It is the little things that help move the healing along.

Now that's one thing I haven't accomplished yet ...so tomorrow I'm going to try to shave my wife's legs.


You sound like you're making great progress @sweet alice - '8th of May & streaking away'.

Keep up the good work !
 
Yay Alice!!
@rainmaker Just occurred to me, males do have it easier.
No leg shaving...and you get to stand up to pee! Not fair!:)
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom