Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

glad you and your new knees averted an accident ~ did you have your cane with you by any chance, not that you would have used it on the dog lol!? was the leash one of those flexi-leashes? a little girl just 5 y.o. got clotheslined with one at her neck here recently. she was okay but left a red line around the front of her neck. those things can be dangerous if the dog walker isn't careful. @sandi4213, that is very encouraging to know/hope the stiffness will decline. safe walks everyone.:dogwalk:
 
Hooray for lefty stepping up to the plate! She came through when you needed her. Now, that should add to your security. Tonight Lefty might fuss a little bit more, so be sure to give her extra TLC!
 
Yeah for the great escape!!! Just to confirm, you did not actually get bitten right?
 
Funny thing, @jaschembra, but this was the first outing without my cane. I forgot it! I remembered when I was halfway down the block and was too lazy to go back. I don't really need it to walk, so I'm doing a lot of forgetting it. It sure would have been handy to have had the dog continued to attack, but that wasn't the situation. I didn't get bitten. The pug's owner retracted the leash, and it's possible the dog didn't have that intent... though I never gamble on things with teeth NOT biting me. I would never hit a dog, though, unless I was darn sure it was me or the dog, in which case all bets are off.
 
My daughter has a special needs dog and his personality can change based on how he feels (don't we all). Anyway, I haven't wanted to be around him in case he would bite me - an animal bite makes me think infection which makes me think knees! Glad the owner had control. I carried my cane for a long time not using it. Then it rode in my car for a long time, not using it. It was my security blanket as I knew I wouldn't walk for without it if I was stranded lol.
 
Oh Susie, how wonderful to know Lefty came through when needed and the damages from today's incident are minor; phew! TG you didn't fall! Lefty certainly deserves a nice break today and some extra ice and elevation. You deserve dinner out. :SUNsmile:

Now, are you 100% certain it was a Pug? That's just such astonishingly...un-Puglike behavior! Typically, they could all be hired as WalMart Greeters, friendly to a fault, and always laid-back. They're truly "snuggle-bunnies," it's what they were bred for. I'm so sorry this one was such a bad apple; pfft! That said, I really blame his/her owner; sheesh! And no apology from the owner either? Aaarrghh!

@sandi4213, how nice to hear that in 4 months some of us may no longer be *stiffs!* Thanks for that little ray of sunshine!:SUNsmile:
 
@Pheebs52, it was definitely a pug, and you're right, not typical of the breed. It was growling and I have never before seen a growling pug. I grew up with a mom who bred and showed dogs (I was a Junior handler) and we met many pugs who were as lovable as our collies. I certainly don't blame the breed. I think it was just a collision of misfortunes: a surprised dog, bad training, and a surly owner. :shrug:
 
[Bonesmart.org] SusieShoes' New Knees
 
Susie, Nemo extends his sincere apologies as a representative of the Pug-Nation, doing what he does best!
 
Hooray for Lefty! She deserves some extra ice and be sure to tell her she's a good girl :yes:

I'm glad there were no ill effects from this adventure.
 
Aw, thank you, Nemo, but you really need not apologize for someone else's ill-manners. :flwrysmile:

This week is clearly "Beware of Dog!" week in my neighborhood. Today on my morning walk I heard the baying of hounds, followed by the sight of a loose dog trotting in the intersection ahead. Then two huge hounds on a leash appeared from the cross street, dragging a man in pursuit of the dog. He pulled them back as best he could, trying to keep them under control. And of course every dog in every house was barking and howling up a storm. The loose dog loped in the other direction and I gave up any thought of possibly securing it. All I had with me was my cane. I hope its owners find it. The man with the two hounds is sure to have sore arms tonight!
 
Week 11: Sometimes a Setback

Yesterday's encounter with an out of sorts dog has resulted in Lefty being sorer than usual this morning. I rather suspected this might happen. It's like after a day of hard exercise with normal muscles, where you don't feel it right away, but you sure know it a day later. It's nothing to worry about. I understand the cause and know Lefty just needs a chance to work through the aggravation.

I didn't give up my walk, because Lefty doesn't hurt that much, but I did take the abbreviated version, just around my block. As detailed above, I encountered another dog, but at a distance. Still, that's more dog adventure in two days than I've had in two months. Part of me wants to walk my old poodle, Cate, and the other part of me is thinking it's probably better for now that I don't.

I'm elevating and icing, and will be doing that much of the day. WIth FIL here, it's not like I can do much of anything else. :bored: I can write while I ice. Perhaps a winter scene. With dogs.
 
Geez, @SusieShoes, your neighborhood seems to have literally gone to the dogs this week! How peculiar you hadn't encountered all of these dogs in the last two months, but now you have in just 2 days. Glad to hear you had the cane with you again, just in case.

Though Lefty is still a bit off after yesterday's heroic action, it's great that you were still able to complete the abbreviated walk. I'm sure Lefty also appreciated a few less steps today and is more than happy to receive some solid pampering. :smile2:
 
Lefty has already settled down quite a lot. It's quite amazing, actually. I walked out to bring back the recycle bins and Lefty is barely even stiff. Guess that walk did us good!

I don't know what it is with the dogs this week. There are a lot of well-behaved, lovely dogs in this neighborhood, and I often see them out being walked, but this week is just weird.
 
Lots of violent t-storms in the area this week, but most skirted right past us. Good! Too many mature really tall trees in the area. Storms have a way of making them fall, and then we're without power for days. :groan: I need my ice!
 
We had some torrential rain, probably a month's worth on Monday, then drizzle on Tuesday. Today, we finally have sun and blessedly dry air!

Quick, grab the big ice blankie! Freeze poor Lefty....give him chilblains!
 
I found out with my 'laid-up' time, that these new knees want to walk! It's not like the arthritis knees where walking aggravated them. Nope, the new ones want to walk! I love it. How long we have all waited to walk painfree, now we can when healed! These new knees are such a blessing!

You ladies are welcome to send some of that rain down here. We need it badly!
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom