THR Sulliy in Recovery

Oh, hippie friend. Post op blues are extremely hard for many of us. And to have surgery soon after the loss of your beloved horse? Of course it's all piling up on you, now.
Your timeline sounds similar to mine and others on here... at first we are busy with our healing and recovery. Then things level off and the emotions begin crowding in.
Can you check in with your family doctor about the lack of sleep? They may have some options for you that may help.

On the bright side, I'm glad to read that you are walking pain free.. that is huge! This will begin to come together for you and your stamina will return. You most likely already read this article on post op blues but just in case you didn't, I'll leave this here for you.

Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
 
I'm so sorry for the loss of your horse @Sulliy. :thud: Many people don't understand how much intelligent animals become such a big part of our lives. It's good to hear that you are healing well. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :prayer::horseriding:
 
:hi: @Sulliy
I think of all the events of the past months...the loss of your horse, your grandfather, a major surgery and ongoing recovery, and the prospect of taking over for your parents...understandable that it could all feel overwhelming at times.
I didn't settle into a normal sleep pattern for quite some time either, which certainly doesn't help one's emotional state.:unsure:
Things are going to get easier, and better as Time is the greatest Healer.
Sending healing mojo your way:friends:
 
,I lost my horse in October he was a massive part of my life , I’m totally lost without him this sounds really bad but it hurts more than when I’ve lost family members.... my job is going to change employer’s as my mom and dad want to retire,

I am so sorry to learn about your horse. He looks like he was a real beauty and I am sure you loved him very much. It’s not easy losing a special pet. So much love went into to taking care of them, and they gave us so much love back.

I wish your parents well as they transition to a new life, and hope the best for your new employer.

Glad you are managing to cope with work well during your recovery and hope soon, sleep will become more regular. You are a month ahead of me, and I am glad to hear of your progress.
 
Hi again @Sulliy
It may be nine weeks, but it’s easiest for us to go by the date of the month of your surgery rather than trying to count weeks, as I’m sure you understand. Although I remember wanting every single one of those weeks to count while I was in recovery, lol. :wink: Also...February doesn’t have a 30th day to send out anniversary wishes.

I’m sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved horse. I don’t believe anyone will judge you for feeling that you miss your devoted companion more than your perceived loss of some family members who you may not be close to, or have struggled to have meaningful relationships with due to circumstances, time, or distance. I’m sorry you’re hurting. I hope you’re able to easily adjust to the changes within the workplace after your parents retirement.

Its likely you’re suffering some low moods due to recovery from a major surgery, the loss of your horse and the changes within the workplace that you’re anticipating. Time has a way of healing all so hang in there. We‘re here for you if you need us.
Wishing you comfort in your grief as you continue to heal physically.
Hugs :console2:
 
Thank you once again all, I really appreciate your lovely kind words , I agree ,with the combination of healing , grief, life changing career aspect the winter blues and lack of sleep is affecting me somewhat ..... it’s nice to read it will hopefully pass in time I’m so glad I have bonesmart and all my hippie friends to talk to
 
You are certainly dealing with a lot of changes and sadness. My condolences on the loss of your 4 legged friend. It is always painful too lose a close friend. You are also dealing with work challenges at a time your body is still recovering from surgery. Your feelings are certainly understandable but perhaps you would want to talk with your PC and get checked out and see if they have anything to offer that would help you through this time.
 
Hi everyone a quick update , I’m 12 weeks tomorrow and feel brilliant, I’m abit stuff in the mornings first thing but soon loosen off , I’m walking my dogs and doing the pony but still social distancing myself with The coronavirus , my son says I’ve got my Mojo back I’m motivated and best of all out of pain having my hip replacement was the best thing I could have ever done even tho at the start I did wonder if I’d done the right thing , I’m glad I was able to have it done before all of the total worry of coronavirus as I know it would have been cancelled...... I hope everyone is well and safe kind wishes k
 
Hi @Sulliy
So happy to hear you are getting your Mojo back..:) :-) (:
That morning stiffness was quite a common thing for me as well for quite some time...but hooray for new hips and getting rid of that horrid bone crunching pain.
Strange times indeed:nah:but is we all try to do our best to follow recommendations, we will get through this.
Hope you have a great week!:fasthorse:
 
Thanks for updating, Sulliy. It sounds like you‘re doing really well in your recovery.
Happy Twelve Weeks to you!
Stay safe, well and have a great Spring. :flwrysmile:
@Sulliy
 
Hi there Layla thanks for your message , well I’m over 14 weeks and Apart from how scary the coronavirus is I’m doing Amazingly, even on lockdown I’m doing things at home I don’t normally get chance to do plus over the last couple of years I couldn’t have done down to how much pain I was in , I’m walking my dogs a good walk to exercise once a day and seeing to my pony... and I’m finally sleeping yay that’s brilliant I never thought I’d sleep probably again before I was in pain and after my replacement for weeks I just couldn’t sleep , I’m still doing my exercises and I do feel stiff if I sit for a while but I’d fully recommend having a replacement it’s so so worth it no more pain which most of you already know and have experienced but for the people who are still on early stages of recovery I hope you read this it’s a second chance of a normal life it was a harder recovery than I thought it would be but my friends can’t believe how well I’m doing , my son says oh no you’re back to normal cracking the whip to get things done again he said I’d totally lost myself in the pain I wasn’t bothered about anything and just tried to find some comfort in each day and no more meds that’s pretty awesome too I went from 11 tablets a day to none some days I do become tired and don’t feel like walking so far I only do abit then..... I do more when I’m feeling up to it..... I do still struggle with the loss of my horse but am trying to remember the good times and when we are safe and can go out again I’ve had lots of offers to ride which I’m looking forward to , happy hippies hope you’re all keeping safe kind wishes sulliy
 
Hello @Sulliy
Yes, the COVID pandemic is unnerving for sure. I miss “normal” just like everyone else.
Hopefully we get back there sometime soon.

Its good you’re letting your body be your guide and not overdoing it. You may get tired more easily for awhile longer. If you’re able to nap or get more sleep while many of us are feeling trapped at home, take advantage! Keep on keeping on...it seems you’re doing well!
Stay safe. :)
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I hope you continue to well dear hippy friend.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend :)
@Sulliy
 
Hi everyone I hope everyone is well and staying safe is it normal for me to still limp a bit I’m 18 weeks 41/2 months it’s not a bad limp but I do slightly I’m not in pain but I do feel restricted in my movement I’ve tried heel toe my son says that when I think about it I limp and that I don’t always limp but my mom said today stop limping your limp forever if I don’t stop I’m trying so hard not to ,I do it worse when I’m tired is this normal and has anyone else experienced this and then stopped over time ? Kind wishes k
 
@Sulliy I had a limp for quite some time and still have to be aware when I've had a really long, tough day. Part of it depends on how long you were limping and out of whack prior to surgery. Your body is trying to relearn how to walk correctly. Make sure you're really concentrating on the heel/toe movements when you're walking and maybe try smaller steps until you get the limp under control. Don't concentrate so much on the limp but on slow, steady, heel for movements.
 
Just as, Elf1, I also found myself limping, even after months if / when I was tired. I really had to concentrate on heel-toe or I could easily fall back into my sloppy old gait. At not even five months post op, I think you’ll find the limp easing with time. Remember, they say recovery takes a full year, even longer for some.
A great week to you!
@Sulliy
 
Thank you Layla and Elf1 for your ongoing support that’s a Relief to read ok so I need to concentrate on small steps and heel toe the main thing is I’m out of pain not taken one pain killer for months , I’ve got to say I’m knee hurts abit on my other leg but not to the point my hip did , I really hope that hasn’t gone now as a result of compensating for my hip pain for nearly 21/2 years stay safe kind wishes k
 
Your knee could just be complaining after carrying extra weight for so long or it could just be mad you're trying to make it walk right again. :chuckmarch:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom