THR Sue629 Slides down the rainbow and onto the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing! Gives me hope @Sue629. I'm at Day 17 and still feel like I'm on a bumpy road. Hoping things start to smooth out soon :)


2014May5 - RTHR Direct Lateral Approach
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Looks like you are doing fantastic @Sue629!!! I think being weepy is probably totally normal. You've probably been trying to be strong for so long pre op and then have to go through depending on people so much during post op, then you're not sleeping well either. Add on the meds you've been taking and of course you're emotional! I have to remember to warn my hubby about that (I'm one week away myself). I have been debating getting a bed on the main floor but can't decide - I was told by the hospital not to worry that they wouldn't let me go home unless I could make it up and down the stairs to my bedroom but still concerned. Anyway, glad to hear you are doing so well - is inspiring for those of us about to be on the other side!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@Sharri Stairs are not terribly difficult to do - it's just that they take a lot of physical effort when you're just out of hospital. And it's a slow process. We live on the second floor of a raised bungalow so I had to climb 14 stairs coming home. Once I was up, everything I need is on one level and I didn't go back down til yesterday (2 weeks).

IMHO, it's very important to have someone nearby - especially throughout the night - for the first couple of weeks. If you'd be alone on the main floor, with your support person upstairs, I'd say be near your support. Up/down stairs once per day in the early weeks is reasonable - just don't try it alone. Be sure someone is close by in case you get lightheaded or dizzy.


2014May5 - RTHR Direct Lateral Approach
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Sue629 so pleased you are doing well…..one crutch…..love that…. it gives you one hand free to carry things. How far you have come…..makes me smile….:happydance:hope you are enjoying your walks with your hubby...

Enjoy the lovely weather…..and here's to a well deserved glass of wine next week…….:cheers:
 
Thanks @Mom4tne for the info on stairs. I had thought of the fact that if I was downstairs my hubby would be upstairs and that may be a problem if I need something. I just don't want to be stuck upstairs all of the time, I'll go insane. Hope you've had a good couple of days and are feeling well!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
1 month update with photo :).....Well, yesterday was 1 month since TRH and wow is all i can say. I hope the rest of the April 30th hip buds are doing as well also. Great report at the doctors today. She said everything looks great.. Will be slowly moving from 1 crutch to cane, as I still have 2 weeks left of my precautions. I continue home pt for 2 more week then outside pt for just a month 2x...... I feel wonderful...Only on Tylenol...I took myself off the Tramadol a week ago and she told me I could start to drive ..whooo hoooo :yes!:;).....Why take it when Tylenol does the trick.....I can comfortably sleep on my left side now and pretty much sleeping thru the night. I am not as tired as I was, so I am so pleased. Here is the xray they took today, I hope nobody gets freaked out, but thought it was pretty cool....Like i said to my g/f I own it and proud of it :)....I don't think my recovery would of been as good as it was without the knowledge I obtained from you all and BoneSmart :)...All my best..Sue :flwrysmile:...
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Sue629 Slides down the rainbow and onto the other side
    photo (14).JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 229
Hi @Sue629 great photo….:happydance:you own it girl…..great news that you can drive ….. freedom…..glad all went well.

Little piece of advice….don't go doing too much too soon…..make sure you keep resting….take that mid day rest.

So happy for you:loveshwr:
 
@Sue629 I am just catching up on your recovery thread. :wow: You are doing great at your 1 month mark. Your x-ray looks amazing. You will be back to yourself sooner than you think.
 
Sue, I am so thankful to read of your progress and how well you are doing! You are a few days ahead of me, therefore, I am GREATLY encouraged by your excellent reports! HAPPY dance! HAPPY heart! HAPPY life!
❤️
Marti



Mercy1
LTHR 5May14
 
6 WEEKS TODAY ...
As I sit back and take that in, I only wish I didn't wait the 6 years to have this done. That is 6 years that I can't get back. My whole procedure has been pretty text book and my pain has never been over a 2 maybe 3 (on first few days learning to get out of bed). I am doing so well and I know i have said this, but i am truly grateful. Starting outside pt next week...I am still on once crutch (more me being nervous outside of home). I do use my cane only in the house and my goal is for next week to just use cane. I can do stairs without any assistance other than hand rail and walk up normally. I get to the top and i'm like woohoo I can't believe it :).

...Heading into school tomorrow to say good bye to the kids before they head out for their vacation next week , I look forward to seeing all their smiling faces :).

I probably won't do another update for a few weeks. I do check BoneSmart most everyday and I just hope and pray that everyone continues with their recoveries (especially my 4/30 hip buds). I will do my best to give back to BoneSmart what it has given me....Hope , a place to come and find answers, and making lasting friendships...:) :friends::loveshwr:
 
@Sue629.. Are you a teacher? We ended school last Thursday. I got wonderful personal messages from the kids .. Some going off to college.. Nice to work with the excitement of the youth. You sound awesome. I can relate to waiting part .. 5 years for me.. If I had known I would feeling so awesome I would not have waiting either. Keep up the great work.. I too am thinking I will be starting to not be on here much as my life is starting up again.. We must all check in and keep each other updated on our great happy lives:)


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
@psychteach No I am a monitor K-5..watching the kids at lunch and recess. I having been doing it for while. I enjoy the kids so much and miss them a lot :) I am glad u are well and things are on track. I am so into giving back, so if I can help one person would make me smile :) ttys :)
 
@Sue629 congrats on the great progress!! I am two weeks post op today and it's very inspiring to read where you are now @ 6 weeks. I hope it all continues to go in great strides for you!!!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@Sharri Having a positive attitude has help so me so much. I learned that from @Jp9294 who had her surgery a couple of months before I did. It really does help (the positive attitude) I know it is tough at time having everyone help you for the first couple of weeks. That was the hardest for me, letting people help me, where I am such a giver. So keep on keeping on and stay positive :).....All my best...Sue
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom