THR Sue629 Slides down the rainbow and onto the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you're doing so well! Good for you Gill

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
 
Keep it sue you sound like your ready for soul train lol. It's truly is about your attitude and mind set. I'm 10 days out and I'm walking with my walker as well. Be encouraged sue the best days are ahead of us

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
Sounds like you are doing great! :yay: Glad to hear that you had posterior approach and are up and around so soon, and without much pain! Thanks for the encouragement you sent me on younghippie's thread!
 
@PuppyLove Your so welcome..I was where you were and I know how you are feeling...Just take a deep breath and know we are all here for you :)...You will be exactly 2 weeks behind me :)...All my best ..Sue

@jebrig3164 My boys are threatening to get me a basket for my walker for Mother's Day...I am like hey that is not a bad idea lmfao ..10 days ago, isn't that just amazing how fast time has gonw..My swelling has gone done sum and I am walking with walker pretty good. Not ready for cane yet but that is ok because i feel safer with the walker. Was nice to sit outside today, the weather in Boston was nice. Glad to hear you are doing well my hip buddy :) All my best ..Sue :)
 
2 Week Update: I have been blessed that my recovery has been going so well. In the past week I have gotten my staples out and all I hear from the nurse, PT and OT is what a great job she (my doctor) did. I had no bleeding or drainage and the incision looks awesome. :). I have successfully managed the stairs going to my 2nd floor. Scary coming down but went well, with no pain. I am glad i put a bed downstairs for my recovery and peace of mind :). I am still on a walker, but walking so smoothly... huge difference from last week.:happydance:. To walk without pain is such a blessing. PT started me on 1 crutch this week and it went well, but muscles not quite strong enough to go with that full time so I practice with it few times a day. I love my pt, because at the beginning I told her that I want to go slow and steady and she agreed, but said most her patients want to run a marathon before they can walk. I am glad we are on the same page :)...I can get in/out of bed by myself now and that makes me soo happy to be able to do more things everyday myself and have some of my independence back. Nurse still comes 2x a week to take my cumanin level.
My 2 issues: I sometimes get very weepy and feel like i'm on the pity pot, this doesn't happen often, but when the flood gates open its water works big time :bawl:. I'm guessing it comes with the territory and healing process. 2nd is I am not able to sleep straight through the night. :yawn: I don't wake because of the pain as I have none.. I just wake..It is frusterating cuz I can't toss and turn so i read or check messages. Anyone else going through this? I still take 1 tramadol before bed and tylenol during day if needed. I feel blessed that I am doing so well and I try my best not to do too much too soon.
It seems like the April 30th buds are all doing pretty well and I'm just saying I am so proud of all of you :) To those folks coming up or recently have had their surgery....Hang in there, you will be glad you have "your life" back :).....All my best to all...Sue
 
A wonderful report Sue and so pleased your progressing so well. I think after major surgery like you have had the weeping is pretty normal and as far as the waking is concerned I hope you get over that soon. So pleased your doing so well and I look forward to reading your further reports!!!
 
@PuppyLove Your so welcome..I was where you were and I know how you are feeling...Just take a deep breath and know we are all here for you :)...You will be exactly 2 weeks behind me :)...All my best ..Sue

@jebrig3164 My boys are threatening to get me a basket for my walker for Mother's Day...I am like hey that is not a bad idea lmfao ..10 days ago, isn't that just amazing how fast time has gonw..My swelling has gone done sum and I am walking with walker pretty good. Not ready for cane yet but that is ok because i feel safer with the walker. Was nice to sit outside today, the weather in Boston was nice. Glad to hear you are doing well my hip buddy :) All my best ..Sue :)


You want need that walker in a week . What a Blessing to get our life back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
@Sue629 you are doing great.Tramadol sometimes makes me a little wired. Not terrible ... but I have noticed that before.It works with the serotonin in your brain ... so maybe that is causing your sleep disturbances ...
 
2 Week Update: I have been blessed that my recovery has been going so well. In the past week I have gotten my staples out and all I hear from the nurse, PT and OT is what a great job she (my doctor) did. I had no bleeding or drainage and the incision looks awesome. :). I have successfully managed the stairs going to my 2nd floor. Scary coming down but went well, with no pain. I am glad i put a bed downstairs for my recovery and peace of mind :). I am still on a walker, but walking so smoothly... huge difference from last week.:happydance:. To walk without pain is such a blessing. PT started me on 1 crutch this week and it went well, but muscles not quite strong enough to go with that full time so I practice with it few times a day. I love my pt, because at the beginning I told her that I want to go slow and steady and she agreed, but said most her patients want to run a marathon before they can walk. I am glad we are on the same page :)...I can get in/out of bed by myself now and that makes me soo happy to be able to do more things everyday myself and have some of my independence back. Nurse still comes 2x a week to take my cumanin level.
My 2 issues: I sometimes get very weepy and feel like i'm on the pity pot, this doesn't happen often, but when the flood gates open its water works big time :bawl:. I'm guessing it comes with the territory and healing process. 2nd is I am not able to sleep straight through the night. :yawn: I don't wake because of the pain as I have none.. I just wake..It is frusterating cuz I can't toss and turn so i read or check messages. Anyone else going through this? I still take 1 tramadol before bed and tylenol during day if needed. I feel blessed that I am doing so well and I try my best not to do too much too soon.
It seems like the April 30th buds are all doing pretty well and I'm just saying I am so proud of all of you :) To those folks coming up or recently have had their surgery....Hang in there, you will be glad you have "your life" back :).....All my best to all...Sue


Look at you sue629 your own your way to the promise land of an active future. Been up stairs already,walking with walker, starting on the crutches you are truly moving up the recovery ladder. This surgery is truly a blessing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
@Sue629 I love your updates :). Stairs are scary…..well done. I am still weepy…..not as bad as I was …… I think it has to do with the meds…and also just the release of tension I have been feeling for months. With regards to sleeping remember we are not busy all day…we are doing a lot of resting, so expecting we will sleep all night is properly unrealistic…..I do as your doing if I cannot sleep I read watch television etc.

So glad you are doing well:yes!:…….keep up the good work….as we always say... slow and steady…..:flwrysmile:
 
@Sue629 what a great report and so glad to hear that you are doing so amazingly well :yes!: I think the weepy periods are to be expected in our situation - we've just been through life-changing & major surgery, and as you say, it's all part of our healing process! The good news is that you are rocking and rolling your recovery (stairs, wow!) so try to keep those happy thoughts close when you find yourself feeling down. :SUNsmile:

Keep up the great work, my hippie friend, you are on your way!!!
 
3 WEEK UPDATE :)

Everything is going so well....I am on one crutch and becoming more independent and stronger everyday. My soreness comes from when i sit or get up from bed and just need to walk a bit and gone. I feel so wonderful and i'm so thankful. I am still struggling with being so tired through out day and then up 2x a night. I know it will get better. The weather here in Boston is beautiful and it's only helping matters being able to sit out on deck :).....I got to go for a long walk with PT yesterday and she said a nightly walk with hubby is ok...I jumped for joy. :dancy:

Next week, May 29th, i meet with my surgeon. She should be taking me off couminan and I can lose the iron pill. I only take Tylenol during day and 1 Tramadol at night :) Hoping she gives ok to drive.....If i am granted all that..... Then i can have a well deserved glass of wine....where I will toast all my friends here on BoneSmart :)..... Thank you for all the support and kindness throughout my recovery.... :):flwrysmile::loveshwr::friends:
 
3 WEEK UPDATE :)

Everything is going so well....I am on one crutch and becoming more independent and stronger everyday. My soreness comes from when i sit or get up from bed and just need to walk a bit and gone. I feel so wonderful and i'm so thankful. I am still struggling with being so tired through out day and then up 2x a night. I know it will get better. The weather here in Boston is beautiful and it's only helping matters being able to sit out on deck :).....I got to go for a long walk with PT yesterday and she said a nightly walk with hubby is ok...I jumped for joy. :dancy:

Next week, May 29th, i meet with my surgeon. She should be taking me off couminan and I can lose the iron pill. I only take Tylenol during day and 1 Tramadol at night :) Hoping she gives ok to drive.....If i am granted all that..... Then i can have a well deserved glass of wine....where I will toast all my friends here on BoneSmart :)..... Thank you for all the support and kindness throughout my recovery.... :):flwrysmile::loveshwr::friends:



Awesome sue629. I go see my surgeon June 3. I'm so happy for you. Your getting your dependent back and I'm happy for you. Be encouraged friend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom