Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection* Sudden pain 2 1/2 years after hip revision

Hi @Whoknew
Cold day in the Upper Midwest also. Winter has finally arrived. High today 9 degrees. Brrr!
Your lucky to be handling the activity and it sounds like you're wisely balancing it with rest.
Please stay safe on stairs and in crosswalks. Let us know when the injection is in full effect. I hope soon.

You should be a proud mommy, I'll bet it's exciting for both you and your daughter to know her designs are in production.

Getting back into your jewelry for your Etsy store is a great idea as your healing and resting.
Stay warm and have a great Sunday!
 
Hi @ Whoknew.

Please take care with all that walking ... 4 miles!!! :thud:

What style jewelry do you make? Put some photos up in the Hobbies section. I will love it when I can get back to Painting. The first thing I want to do though is get out pottering in my garden.

Keep warm and safe with that snowstorm. We don't really have a winter as such here as we don't go below freezing. Today it's 54F at 10.15am going to 60F and breezy.

Izabel xx
 
@Layla yes finally warming up here after a couple days with wind chills in the -20s F! Hmmm why did I move back here from Miami?!?! Lol. Yes definately balancing rest and walking. It just feels SO good to be able to walk in the city again!! Hopefully you’ve warmed up there as well! Yes I am a proud mommy, plus the perks of getting one offs from their sample sales lol.

@Hippielife and Izabel, yes I’m excited to be crafting again as it’s something I’ve done for years and I just had no energy to do any this past year. Working in a new medium (epoxy resin) which is challenging but interesting. Lol where the heck is the hobby section?! I put pics up on Instagram under justgoodeatssodafountain ( was my old business...I made gourmet ice creams, home made sodas and homemade chocolates). And I’m desperately looking forward to getting into my garden too after the snow melts, not to mention back on a horse again!!!
 
Whoknew.... Sounds like your ready to get back into life again. I am so happy for you and to read about all your enthusiasm to get back into your new normal. All your hobbies and I love horses too. It’s all realistic expectations. I can vouch for that. I have been in the hippie life for over 20 years with my first hip . I want to encourage you to take it slow at first until you get your bearings. Things take a little longer to adjust . I gardened, rode my horses, cooked, painted, all my hobbies and went back to work. All with caution at first... it all levels out there is a bit of a learning curve at first...
Listen to your body . Sending all the helpful angles to help you along with your new journey.:angel:
 
Lol I know I have the tendency to push more than I should. Has always been my way as until the past six years w two serious car accidents and then this I was always active...taught horseback riding, ski raced, swim races etc when younger and worked construction and raced sailboats until all this happened. So yeah, hard to take it slow. My OS thought it would be so much harder for me given how long I was down for but he doesn’t know what a stubborn fighter I am lol!
 
Well after doing really well I’m having a little bit of an issue which hopefully is nothing much!

Went to PT last week where they worked me on my hip but also pelvis(crooked due to leg length issue) bad ankle from prior car accident and bad back which has even giving issues now that I’m walking more(again due to leg and pelvis stuff, prior damage from accidents and just plain old age lol). Long story short have been in a lot more pain since then, to the point where having trouble sleeping and family concerned about possible infection again . So I called the ortho nurse at my insurance company who after I described what I’m feeling thinks my incision was pulled too much from new stuff being done at PT ( I know Josephine, I know ‍♀️).

She suggested I get in touch w my OS to let him know what’s going on as I’ve gons from being able to walk 4 miles and not take Tylenol for 6 hours to feeling pain level 6 after 4 hours w much less activity. A wee tad concerned but is just an oidc moment. Meanwhile icing it and heat pad on back lol. Jeez. Growing older is fun
 
Beware the helpful PT.
If it's not helping...and is hurting...please don't let them do it.
Give that hip some more time.:beg:

I hope it all eases soon!:flwrysmile:
 
Sorry to hear you're struggling. Let's hope with some rest and abstaining from PT
you'll be feeling good again soon. Stay in touch and let us know how you're doing.
Wishing you comfort!
@Whoknew
 
@Mojo333 and @Layla... yes taking it easy on it. The weather warmed up also which certainly helps w aching older bodies! So nice to see 62F on my car thermometer instead of -15! Wacky February weather in upstate NY.

I did get a laugh as I had my physical today and when they went to measure my height I told them it was different depending on which leg I was standing on. Yay me... I “grew” an inch by using the longer one lol! Makes for a better BMI too .

They are trying to get approval from insurance for more pt so I have a little time off so resting, icing and doing desk work. Sounds like a plan to me.
 
Indeed it does, and assess if having a break from the PT however well meaning, helps you...
 
did get a laugh as I had my physical today and when they went to measure my height I told them it was different depending on which leg I was standing on. Yay me... I “grew” an inch by using the longer one lol! Makes for a better BMI too .
:loll:

Have a good rest of the week @Whoknew :SUNsmile:
 
Well saw my OS today and he had me do labs for sed rate and crp...no surprise there. He thinks it’s a strain from PT and told me I don’t need more, that after a point can do more harm than good (hmmm, like now maybe?) and said I am going to have certain deficits that PT isn’t going to fix after this time. Bleh. Otherwise thinks I’m doing really well
 
Hello :wave:
Nice update, thanks for sharing. You're doing well.
Let us know when you hear the lab results. Wishing for good news only.
I hope you have a nice Thursday and a lovely weekend.
@Whoknew
 
@Whoknew. :fingersx: you get good results. Mine are now second time within limits so waiting to hear date for Stage 2.:egypdance:

Sounds like you are doing good ... just don't overdo things. xx

 
@Izabel awesome your labs are good!! Yay! Will for you.

My bloodwork came back ok which was a huge relief. So guess I’d just strained the heck out of it in PT. Managed to do 2.6 miles Sunday w my daughter with no problem other than a mild burning feeling near the incision so doing much better. Yay!! Lol.

I’m still experiencing what I can only describe as ptsd from the trauma of this past year. Working through it in therapy but darn. Has anyone else experienced this?
 
Hi there, :wave: I hope your Wednesday is starting out on a good note.
You've been through a lot. Prayers for your peace of mind and perfect healing.:prayer:
You seem to be handling your setbacks and keeping a sense of humor.
Hopefully 2019 will be a turn-a-round and it will end up being a great year for you. :yes:
@Whoknew
 
@Whoknew I'm on my second spacer. The forst wasn't that bad. But this one I have now.... WOW. The first 6 weeks were hell. Its been 3 months now and I get my 5th hip this Monday! I feel your pain! Fight the good fight!!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom