Hip Infection* Sudden pain 2 1/2 years after hip revision

Hi :hi: @Whoknew
Hope you're not still in the ODIC. Great news you got out for a pedi / massage combo. Relaxing for sure!
I hope you have a nice Friday and weekend :SUNsmile:
 
@Layla, I’ve been trying to take it easy, icing and elevating more. Stomach is still a disaster from the iv antibiotics I was on I think (said it could take a couple of months to calm down from it) so may be time for kombucha again along w probiotics I take and yogurt. Bleh lol. A woman’s gotta do what a woman’s gotta do.
 
Happy Saturdayto you @Whoknew
Call me weird but I love Kombucha. Pro-biotics too, especially during cold and flu season.
Since 70% of our immune system lives within our intestinal tract, I want strong immune function to fight off the bad guy invaders. Here's to good health....let's pretend we're toasting with Kombucha! :cheers:
 
@Layla I don’t mind kombucha either as long as it’s a good one. Some of them are just too vinegary though.
 
I agree. I'm kind of stuck on Synergy Gingerberry. There are so many now that I'd like to try others,
but it's not that cheap. So consequently I'm boring and stick with what I know I like. I've never been a soda drinker but am gathering it's the fizz that people become addicted to. I like that aspect of the Kombucha.
Watch....we'll hear how bad it is for us in five yrs, :heehee: after we think we're doing something good for ourselves.
Everything in moderation :yes:
Have a good one!
@Whoknew
 
My daughter recommended the GTS brand which I found was good (meaning I could manage to drink it all down without gagging lmao).
 
Yep, that's the brand of the Gingerberry I mentioned. It's good!
I've tried several different brands. Liked some, didn't like some, always go back to the Gingerberry because I know I like it. Hope you're having a good week.
Happy New Year! Wishing you all the best in 2019.
@Whoknew
 
Ok well I guess I still am in the ODIC ‍♀️ Went to NYC yesterday to meet with my ankle surgeon about finally getting my left ankle fused (horrible arthritis from being hit by a car..heel bone literally exploded and healed crooked). Of course it’s been my main weight bearing leg through this entire hip infection nightmare and it’s inflamed it big time, plus that’s the leg that’s shorter so I tip onto it if I don’t wear my lifts. Getting shot to get me out of pain on the 17 th innit, then have to wait six weeks after that for surgery which considering I still have that time in pt works. Of course it’s three months of no weight bearing and full year recovery. Guess this is my year to fix stuff so I can finally be pain free .

Well of course I cannot go into the city without walking a lot. Before this I’d average 5-6 miles walking. Not so much yesterday but did do 2 1/2 miles which considering I’m 9 weeks post surgery shocked me that I could do. All well and good until my Tylenol wore off on ride home (2 hour ride). Percocet was my friend last night and even that didn’t stop the throbbing in the swollen ankle. Oops I did it again lolol
 
Hopefully it's your year to fix stuff and by years end you're good to go.
Prayers to that end. We'll walk alongside you. Hang in there, you're a trooper!
@Whoknew
 
@Layla, that’s what I figure. Get it all done and over with so I can get out of the daily pain I live with.
 
Hi @Whoknew You have to wait till the 17th for the shot and go back to the city for it? Crumbs! It seems like you are on your way to getting some relief. When will your leg differential be resolved?

Sendlng good thoughts your way
. :hugzz:
 
Oh please don't walk so much...don't like to hear of you hurting.
I do hope they get that shot for you soon.:ok:
 
:hi:
Just popping in to wish you a good day.
Giving this leg the appropriate time to heal and get stronger...will certainly be a great investment in a pain free life.
Hope today is a Good Day @Whoknew :flwrysmile:
 
@ izabel @Mojo333 thank you for the kind thoughts. I did take it easy the next couple of days after my city excursion and other than being a bit stiff am fine. Yes Izabel, they couldn’t squeeze me in for the shot until the 17th which is a bummer as that is where the majority of my pain is coming from (lol am icing and elevating it now). Going back to NYC really doesn’t bother me as my daughter lives in Brooklyn (she works for Michael Kors as an assistant designer) so I at least get chance to see her, as well as my cousin, not to mention have some “retail therapy” as the stores locally are limited and it’s always fun to browse down there. Plus the shot will help my pain a tremendous amount. Only thing doubtful is stairs in train/subway stations and to my daughter’s apartment (4 floor walk up ‍♀️).

On plus side, met with my OS yesterdayas he wanted to know how I was making out with the lift in my shoe. When I told him I’d walked 2 1/2 miles he was blown away. Could not believe how far I’ve come from when he first saw me (literally dying from the infection and in out of control pain) to now, not even 3 months out from surgery. He reminded me that my recovery is NOT that of a normal hip replacement given that I’d been wheelchair bound for months ahead of my first surgery and that I’ve had two major surgeries in not even three months time. He thought I’d have a harder time recovering (told him believe me it was bad enough)! So all in all I’m pleased with how things are. I did speak w my ankle surgeon about if he could add a bit of height to that ankle to even me out. He said no, that there is a leg lengthening surgery available but honestly felt I was better off just doing the lifts in the shoe. So now I will hopefully let this hip heal more (OS did say would be about a year for it to fully heal up) and get my ankle finally done. Means three more months of total non weight bearing in cast and then boot but been there, done that. Susan
 
@Mojo333 yes have pretty much. Decided to do ankle surgery next winter as summer is my favorite time of year and don’t want to miss two summers (totally missed last year’s). When it’s snowy/icy and freezing I don’t mind being in the house as much. Plunk me by the fireplace and I’m good lol. It will allow my hip to heal more which I will need as then it will be my primary weight bearing leg for months and it is still too weak. We did go shopping with our kids yesterday as they needed clothes. Three miles of walking! Sore last night (I wasn’t the only one lol) but ok this morning. I’m getting there! Hoping you’re having a nice weekend!
 
Let's of riding in the car...which New hips don't particularly care for either.
Took my stepsister to catch plane in Atlanta as she is headed back to her home in New Zealand.
Glad you are feeling confident in your hip...now to get this pesky ankle thing behind you!
Hope your Sunday is sweet!:angel:
 
Hey :wave:
Whew...3 mi of walking must have felt like a lot to you.
I hope you're resting comfortably by the fireplace today and maybe even sneaking in a nap. :sleep:
Wishing you a great week to come. You're a real trooper!
@Whoknew
 
@Layla, actually the 3 miles wasn’t too bad! My ankle was the hurting part but hip held up surprisingly well yay!! Finally getting my shot tomorrow am and then afternoon of hopefully walking around SOHO area until we pick up the kiddo at 6. At least we can drive or Uber downtown after the hospital. No subways if I can help it lol.
 
Sorry your ankle was hurting but thankfully your hip is good.
Walking around SoHo sounds fun. I love NYC!

Best of luck with the shot tomorrow and enjoy your time in the city.
Cool job your daughter has, by the way.
@Whoknew
 
@Layla, Cold day walking in NY but some good stuff happened. Finally got my shot in my bum ankle..Yay! Have to take it easy on it another day as got a bit of a flare response and swelling but even after walking 4 miles I could handle pain w Tylenol!! Hip was stiff the next day and incision still a bit sore, felt a bit weak toward the end of the day but was happy I could handle all that less that 3 months post op! Feels SO good to be able to walk again without a cane. Still Have to be cautious doing stairs and crosswalks!! Hopefully within the week the shot will have kicked in. And yes, it is a cool job. A bunch of her designs are being produced by them so I’m a proud mommy lol.

Big snowstorm due to hit, so I’m going to concentrate on doing some jewelry to get my Etsy store back up and running. I let it slide during all this stuff going on. Susan
 
Back
Top Bottom