Whoknew
member
Lol ok I’ll try to answer as best I’m able re the exercise names!
1. Posterior approach both for spacer surgery and revision surgery
2. Pain levels at their worst a good 6-7, otherwise from 1-4
3. Meds I’m taking now are extra strength Tylenol every 4-6 hours as needed. Also had been on meloxicam 1 a day not sure of dose as not home now. Also flexeril 2 a day 10 mg. I do have a few hydrocodone 5-325 left from before my surgery that I’d used one a day after PT. Dr says no more of any opioid med so it’s ice and elevate I guess and pray it’s enough!
4. I ice about once a day at this point with time usually between 40min-1½ hr.
5. I elevate when icing or in evening. Try to elevate for one hour at least
6. Activity level - I’ve built up to being on my feet about one- 3 hours a day w breaks in between. I’d been wheelchair bound for 2 months prior to infection being dx’d so lost muscle strength.
7. Exercises have been doing once a day
walking unless I’ve pushed to point of pain.
15 reps - leg lift sitting bend and stretch out
15 reps leg lift sideways sitting
15 reps lying down sideways
15 reps lying down leg straight up
15 reps lying down bend leg then straighten without putting down
Standing:
15 shallow squats
15 leg straight back
15 leg diagonally back
15 leg out sideways
15 trying to balance on bad leg w other leg held up
Walking 3-4 laps around inside of house (big house!) with no aids.
walking if we go out to eat.
PT did say I would need to use wheelchair still for long outings as I don’t have enough strength yet for that .
These were PT exercises at home.
I was given permission finally to drive and start PT at the hospital next week.
I did get lifts to try in my shoes for the leg that’s shorter. Surgeon said when I’d been xrayed last my pelvis was uneven, muscles had scarred and constricted from two surgeries and bone loss due to the Avn. Also my opposite ankle on the short leg is leaning in greatly due to previous trauma.
Hope this helps
1. Posterior approach both for spacer surgery and revision surgery
2. Pain levels at their worst a good 6-7, otherwise from 1-4
3. Meds I’m taking now are extra strength Tylenol every 4-6 hours as needed. Also had been on meloxicam 1 a day not sure of dose as not home now. Also flexeril 2 a day 10 mg. I do have a few hydrocodone 5-325 left from before my surgery that I’d used one a day after PT. Dr says no more of any opioid med so it’s ice and elevate I guess and pray it’s enough!
4. I ice about once a day at this point with time usually between 40min-1½ hr.
5. I elevate when icing or in evening. Try to elevate for one hour at least
6. Activity level - I’ve built up to being on my feet about one- 3 hours a day w breaks in between. I’d been wheelchair bound for 2 months prior to infection being dx’d so lost muscle strength.
7. Exercises have been doing once a day
walking unless I’ve pushed to point of pain.
15 reps - leg lift sitting bend and stretch out
15 reps leg lift sideways sitting
15 reps lying down sideways
15 reps lying down leg straight up
15 reps lying down bend leg then straighten without putting down
Standing:
15 shallow squats
15 leg straight back
15 leg diagonally back
15 leg out sideways
15 trying to balance on bad leg w other leg held up
Walking 3-4 laps around inside of house (big house!) with no aids.
walking if we go out to eat.
PT did say I would need to use wheelchair still for long outings as I don’t have enough strength yet for that .
These were PT exercises at home.
I was given permission finally to drive and start PT at the hospital next week.
I did get lifts to try in my shoes for the leg that’s shorter. Surgeon said when I’d been xrayed last my pelvis was uneven, muscles had scarred and constricted from two surgeries and bone loss due to the Avn. Also my opposite ankle on the short leg is leaning in greatly due to previous trauma.
Hope this helps
United States

don't they know we can't deal with extra crises while we are concentrating on recovery?
)