Guest viewing is limited

THR Struggling with Recovery - THR

Fingers crossed it helps you. :fingersx: Sounds like two down, three sessions to go.
Hopefully the shockwave therapy is less painful with each treatment and you have a positive result.
Enjoy the rest of the week, jefro.
@jefro
 
Hi All,

I have my 5th and final shockwave treatment today. I'm not sure how much its helped but it does get a little less painful each time. I walked 10K steps the past 2 days, mostly on the walker. I'm getting stronger so trying to transition more to the cane. I'm lying on the ball a lot to loosen up my quads, hip flexors, etc. This seems to be helping a lot to get deep in the muscles.

I think I'm on the right track, just need to keep up the routine.
 
From the outside, reading along it sounds like the treatment has helped a lot. Always difficult to say what exactly helped though. Sounds very encouraging!
 
Happy Friday jefro,
Good news! From your update it sounds as though you're making progress in all areas.
Long may it continue! Please keep us posted and have a great weekend. :SUNsmile:
@jefro
 
I continue to improve. I'm transitioning more to the cane around the house and on short errands. I saw a pain doctor to day looking for suggestions. He recommended stretch lab to get in some long stretching sessions and also red light therapy that has 850nm. He says this will help with the pain and inflammation.

If things aren't going as well as planned in couple months, he said he could do PRP therapy on me.
 
I'm so glad to hear that you are seeing some gradual improvement! I feel for you, it's a difficult journey navigating prolonged pain and discomfort. It's worth trying a range of things available because some people find great relief from things like red light therapy, whilst others find alternatives better. It's all very individual and difficult to pin down. I do find temporary relief from red light on my knee but it doesn't seem to have a lasting effect beyond the moment of treatment. We invested in a dedicated pad with the ability to select ranges but if I'm honest it's in a dusty corner somewhere now. Having said that I know of someone who is convinced it made a very significant difference.
 
Nice progress, jefro! Transitioning to the cane, as you are gradually, is a great step forward.
I do hope the stretch lab and red light therapy bring you some relief.

It is always interesting to see what works for each person since our bodies are built differently, so something that helps one person a lot, might not feel the same for someone else. It is all about finding what works best for you.
Good luck and please let us know how you're doing after a few sessions.
Happy Tuesday!
@jefro
 
Hi,

I saw a pain doctor and he recommended red light therapy to help with my hip healing? Can anyone recommend a particular model?
 
Hi jefro,
I'm unable to recommend a particular model and have never used one myself, but please feel free to use the SEARCH at the top right of the page, typing in key words, such as "Red light Therapy" and any threads where it's been mentioned will pop up. :thumb:
I hope the red light therapy helps you. Have a nice Thursday and weekend!
@jefro
 
Hi All,

I started red light therapy a few days ago. The pain doctor said buy one that uses 850nm wavelength. I'm not sure if its helping yet. From what I read it usually takes a few weeks for it to help for most people.

It does feel nice with the heat it produces. This week has been rough, i've had a flare up from trying to stretch my quad too much. Anything that puts too much pressure on my quad makes it flare up I've learned.
 
Hi All,

My progress has stalled the past several months. Right after my last post I had a flair up and have been back on the walker ever since. My only progress has been getting some loosening of my quad by doing dry needling with my PT but it hasn't helped my hip pain yet. I'm really frustrated. I can't even walk in the mornings anymore because then I end up with breakthrough pain in the afternoon. I can only walk in late afternoons.
 
I am sorry for your ongoing discomfort, jefro.
Not sure if your OS recommended a visit at your one year post op anniversary, but as, myglasshalffull, hinted above, it's time for a visit to be evaluated, if you don't have one scheduled already. I wish you the best and hope the situation improves for you in the new year.
Keep us posted.
@jefro
 
I am sorry for your ongoing discomfort, jefro.
Not sure if your OS recommended a visit at your one year post op anniversary, but as, myglasshalffull, hinted above, it's time for a visit to be evaluated, if you don't have one scheduled already. I wish you the best and hope the situation improves for you in the new year.
Keep us posted.
@jefro
The OS has no clue. Only the physiatrists seem to have some ideas to help me like botox.
 

Staff online

  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013
Back
Top Bottom