Guest viewing is limited

THR Struggle has been real!!!

Hello @Aline
Thankfully your surgeon is pleased with your progress. That's reassuring I'll bet.
Hopefully between the reduction in work hours and the cortisone injection you'all experience speedy relief.
Will look forward to another update soon.
Enjoy the weekend!
 
The shot seemed to take care of the sharp pain I can walk heel to toe phew.. I was having such a difficult time I actually thought I needed to break out the walker told doctor yesterday I knew something wasn’t right, I have grown used to the aches and soreness dings and pings on this rollercoaster ride and my visits to ODIC
He told me I have had to work extra hard with all the hardware and back problems and I am not even at 50 percent yet around 6 months I should be turning the corner.. I am thrilled not to have the arthritic pain.. !
Spoke briefly about this forum told him I learned so much and received much reassurance I was right where I need to be through recoveries
My coworker had her baby Thursday, had chat with my supervisor she is supportive and does not want me stressing over additional duties that I need training.
Granddaughter first birthday was wonderful they had about 70 guests I see why my daughter wanted to wait for me to visit.. there are steps everywhere I didn’t make it to the lower level.. lol. Maybe next visit
 
Not good this morning tried everything this weekend IT band painful when putting weight wearing lidocaine patches tried the roller pin ice elevation all weekend and stayed off feet
Calling OS this morning get MRI my intuition is telling me this is not normal
 
So sorry about this Aline. Write with the results of your OS communication. You have had 2 replacements within a month of each other--very difficult indeed. Hoping your pain decreases really rapidly and your OS can give you some answers.
 
I'm sorry to read this, Aline
Please stay in touch and let us know what you hear.
Wishing you comfort! :console2:
@Aline
 
Thanks @mikeycat @Layla he told me on Friday it may be due to something he did who knows.. what I do know this is out of the ordinary of my aches it has lingered on way too long cortisone gave me comfort for about two days..now this is the toughest part of both my recoveries when it doesn’t subside or go away
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Struggle has been real!!!
    B468ED9A-56E0-42A8-A589-0E2EFA8494BB.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 178
Oh my stars..:roseshwr:
She is tuckered out!
How absolutely adorable!:)
You've been through alot these last months dear @Aline
Hugs and healing vibes coming your way!:friends:
 
That is the cutest picture ever! She is a little doll :roseshwr:
Now back to your earlier post about your pain. It sounds pretty intense and I’m so sorry, can you take this week off? Is that possible? I can't help but worry that you returned too soon after having both hips replaced in a short amount of time.
I hope you hear something soon from your OS.

Love seeing your little grand daughter..
 
Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear you are still dealing with such awful pain. :console2: I'm glad you are pushing for additional testing to rule out anything serious. Hopefully it is the dual effect of two hip surgeries, working, etc. and nothing more serious. But I am a firm believer in intuition, and not letting things go too long. The fact that the cortisone injection was only helpful for a couple days must have been such a disappointment! Please keep us posted.
 
Aww, what a sweetheart she is @Aline

Stopping by to wish you a Happy Three Month Anniversary!
Hope you're having a nice week so far.
Enjoy your special day! :flwrysmile:
 
Thank you @Layla righty is doing well just all the healing aches and soreness
Lefty is 4 months and I am waiting for OS to call me on Thursday cortisone not much relief and the swelling is now on both sides of the knee cap.. just keeps getting better... ugh not.
He wanted to try shot first I have to call him in the morning order Mri
@mikeycat @Debru4 thank you for your words of encouragement
I have been working 6 hours a day 7 am to 1 and do nothing but rest I split up my weekends to grocery and laundry just me so my home is kept up.. I will spend an hour up and rest for two or more.. no ODIC quite honestly I don’t have the energy or strength to do much more
 
@mikeycat thank you she fills me up with much love ❤️
I am beginning to feel like an old car.. you know you fix something and then it is followed by more repairs.. oh boy lol
Heard back from OS no mri can be scheduled until after 23rd the fluid from cortisone shot will show up
I had Medical Excercise yesterday he had me stand with my back against wall he had me take my left arm and bend at elbow holding close to my body and then swinging the arm out to touch the wall.. we both heard a popping noise he then came over and Placed his hand on my neck/ shoulder area he felt the popping as well. He said it’s my shoulder joint and much arthritis... oh geez .. really...? Smh
 
Ah gee that must have hurt. Isn't this arthritis thing just the pits. So sorry about that.Just feels like it never ends.Oh and your knees --that is painful for you. Do you have exercises to do for this too?Can you wear a knee brace? I hope you find relief soon.
 
@mikeycat it is difficult to do Excercise on the left the pain is minimal in the morning but by noon I have to use cane for support
I had a massage yesterday and Tuesday he has been working on my hips and boy he really gets in there to the muscles hurts so bad feels so good... he used sunction cups along my IT band on the left.. never seen this before I didn’t know what he was doing all I heard was a air pump and pulling on my skin I was in tears.. he said try to relax after a few minutes I was able to calm down and it subsided he left them on for about 15 minutes as he continued to massage the hip area I have to admit waking this morning the soreness from both hips has lightened up I my left knee area still hurts with full weight when walking without my cane Another week has passed and I can see the difference in walking longer strides and with getting up from chair the soreness is also starting to decline.. I am happy with my recoveries the left knee s bothersome I just keep plugging along waiting to be cleared for mri @CricketHip so you use the suction cups on your patients? Lol I thought they were oil candles with the wicks.. lol he got a kick out of my comment
I also had a “meltdown “ yesterday morning talked to supervisor she had no idea what was happening the rest of day she kept monitoring who was at my desk and why.
 
@Aline it sounds like you are making some progress with both your hips and at work!
Glad to hear your supervisor ‘gets it’. :)
I use cups but not as aggressively as you described. I would have backed off on the suction pressure to let you gently relax,
but so glad to hear it eased up and that you felt some relief.. good news!
You are in charge of your session and can request less pressure in the future and still get results.
If I worked your schedule and could manage it I’d be getting a massage weekly!
 
Oh Aline, I myself am unsure about massages that hurt or anything else for that matter but if you think the gain was worth it then it was for you. I empathize with your pain and I am so sorry you are enduring this. I am praying for relief in site for you and it will happen. Sending healing thoughts your way.
 
@Aline Wow. Just reading up on your posts. Thank you for sharing. This journey can be such a roller coaster ride. I relate to so many of your nagging issues (especially the UTI, the other joints, and all the aches of the attached structures) and I only had one hip done. God bless you. Here I am just over 6 months out and still facing my own set backs. The only reason I say this, is to encourage you that it is a marathon not a sprint in every way and we WILL get to the “finish” line. All the brave souls here have attested to that and give the rest of us courage and hope. I keep my focus on how very much better and functioning I am now than a year ago and am so grateful. The rest then fades in comparison. Hang in there and keep us posted. I will be here cheering for you! ❤️
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom