Guest viewing is limited

THR Struggle has been real!!!

I hope you can stay within the 4 hour limits, girl you've been through a lot in a short period of time, but are sounding better with the extra rest and elevation. :flwrysmile:
 
Well done on doing a phased return. Energy drain is still an issue. Then there is all the work you do to even get to work and come home. Plan on doing nothing after work the first few weeks. Do you have somewhere you could store ice packs at work? If not - I used those instant ice packs they sell for first aid kits.
 
@CricketHip thank you for kind words:)
@Jaycey i bought gallon ziplock bags was hoping to put a set in refrigerator with ice cubes in morning for my afternoon and take another to use in am gel packs I have last about 4 hours I was given a nice pouch that hold 2 at a time..I also scheduled massage therapy and PT starting next week on tues and thurs
I have stocked my frig with enough food and beverages for a good month..
Clothes ready for 2 weeks. Hoping to allow myself time to rest as much possible
We will see..Expectations and Reality :thud:
 
@Jaycey last 2 nights I slept in bed ( attempted and stayed) was up every other hour lol BUT I have to tell you I was a bit uncomfortable and layed in my left hip ..not able to on right it’s way to sensitive. The swelling and pain I have had in the right has been going down significantly!! I am able to actually bend my knee! I am not kidding there has been 50 percent reduction not sleeping in my recliner..thank you for your encouragement to keep at it. Last week I was a bit stressed thinking am I ever going to get all this swelling and numbness to go down ?? :bawl:
@Layla check out my profile picture my daughter took today.. she loves my new “hairdo” lots of curl but feels so healthy I do not regret cutting off all my hair..I do not have to blow dry no hairspray loving it :loveshwr:
Those long weeks of moderation have started to pay off as well..I’ve done a 180 from where I was two weeks ago..I am actually getting a piece of mind knowing my body is healing
All the infections I endured I am no longer questioning “ will I ever get better??”:what: :shrug:
Hope all is well with you 10 more days and it’s back to work for me :bolt::scare:
 
@jwadds how have you been..is it getting easier transiting back to work? My return date is approaching soon..days seem to be going by quicker...lol
I am going to attempt to try to get in the pool tomorrow I feel confident that I can get down the ladder and back up..I’m hoping my friend will be there in case I need him to pull me out..lol
 
My hips have finally decided to play nice allowing me to sleep in my bed after 11 weeks, back to my sleeping on right side feels great to getting back to my norm routine..still waking up after 3..4 hours..just need to work on the
4am up for the day and coffee
 
@CricketHip i believe most pain mgt offices are gearing toward multiple forms of treatment as in PT massage and behavioral for chronic pain patients to elevate the usage of opioids, there have been studies to show the decrease in use, the CDC has also set certain protocols when doctors prescribe, which most everyone is seeing in the 7 day prescription
I have severe arthritis and degentrive issues in my spine hips and sciatic and nerve issues in legs. I get up everyday and work 2 jobs and stay active..I didn’t realize that hip replacements are very much different to any spine surgeries I have had! I thought after 6 weeks I would be good to go and back at the daily grind LOL Girl I wake up every day with a different ache or soreness limping needless to say I will not be returning to my part time job...in the near future next week I go back to my full time on modified hours..no complaints I am thrilled that my groin areas are pain free and I’m actually walking better now than before.
Thanks for compliments on my new hairdo I’m loving it I remember as a kid I would blow dry because I hated all the curls and waves lol
Hope you are enjoying your weekend so far I’m still in bed...feels great I may stay here all day
 
You look great and glad that you are now seeing real progress. When I went back to work on a phased return I did very little in the evenings for a while bar playing fiddle for a show which was great but was so tired afterwards! The energy does come back but takes a while. Take care xx
 
Good Morning,
You're doing great considering you're healing from two recent surgeries, with only one month in between each.
Thankfully you're able to do a phased return to work. I'm sure in those early days you'll find yourself exhausted by day's end, not wanting to do much more than relax in your favorite spot with your ice packs. You'll have to let us know how it's going after a few days. Wishing you all the best with your return. Happy Sunday!
@Aline
 
@SurreyGirl @Layla thank you...3 weeks ago I was struggling with going back..was doing too much..took a step back..rewired my brain to do things in moderation I saw a big difference last week..was miserable at the time but I needed to go through it to come out on the other side.
 
I'm happy for you that it didn't take long for it to sink in that you needed to dial it back
We can be our own worst enemies. Don't let me get me! :heehee:
 
Hi Aline,
I hope you're having a good weekend.
Stopping by to say :hi: and wish you a Happy Two Month Anniversary on Righty.
With any luck you've had a great week and are enjoying some lovely Summer weather in your neck of the woods.
Hope to hear from you soon! :)
@Aline
 
Yes...Happy One Month:flwrysmile:
You certainly have had a rough few months, but it WILL all be worth it in the end.
Healing vibes coming your way.:roseshwr:
 
@Layla @Mojo333 thank you both I start back to work Tommorow part time I have been trying to walk without cane steps and stride are short I keep cane with me it actually folds up and Velcro still much stiffness and soreness especially if I sit too long but I can deal with it..much different than 2 weeks ago...getting more comfortable with driving getting back to everyday life had a great day spent it in the pool with my sister we chatted for hours will check back in a few days
 
Hope you have a good day...and when you get home...
Chill:ice::ice::ice:
 
Hello @Aline

Hope you had a good first day back to work! Sleep and ice, sleep and ice. Your friends for a long time. Impressive you have managed to roll on side. I am still counting sheep on my back. However you can make it happen, sleep does a body good. Just sending healing wishes. :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Aline,
Hopefully your first day back wasn't too hard on you. I'll bet for awhile all you'll want to do is rest once you're back home with your ice pack in place as you slowly adjust to the routine. Let us know how its going when you have time.
All the best to you!
@Aline
 
@Layla hello it has been interesting three days.. Monday my eyeballs were rolling around 2..I couldn’t get home quick enough to get in my bed! I did better yesterday I left work around 1 pm and came home and rested I had physical therapy and a massage at three and was home by five..I had a little more energy was able to last until 730 lol..crashed and burned.
Today about the same left at 2 o’clock
I do have to get up and walk every hour stiffness soreness on both hips..toddlers steps lol once I get movin I graduate to short short strides lol
I actually took the bus from downtown Cincinnati ( where I work) over the river into Ky where I live it really wasn’t bad besides getting used to low seats including the restrooms at work feel like I’m sitting on the floor looking lol
I am still getting up around 430 am I throw my hands up and make coffee just can’t seem to get back to sleep.. I’m trying to stay up until 9 pm hoping I can sleep thru until 530 am still finding myself turning on right side in my sleep and the pain wakes me..left side doing really well sleeping on my side.. it took about 2 weeks forcing myself to get out of recliner into my bed but it seems to get easier with passing days my right hip it’s too much..I know it won’t be forever as I have seen thru both my recoveries all in time and when queen left and queen right say it’s time!!!LOL
Hope you are having a good week
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Members online

Back
Top Bottom