jwadds
member
Haha just got home from dinner out with my sisters so never saw your post on my thread! These bonesmarties have worked their magic behind the scenes.
Since you’d posted on my thread, I’ll give you my experience for what it’s worth.
You maybe thinking your recovery will be linear, but my experience is that each leg progresses at their own pace. That also means regression in odd ways too. @Mojo333 had a great graphic that shows expectations vs reality, not sure if you’ve seen it.
I was a weirdo and watched actual surgeries of hip replacements (just because I’m a “need to know” type) so i can understand why there is random pain and setbacks (with all the hammering, sawing and drilling that went on). I think it’s a miracle that I’m better than I was pre op. Are you worried that any pain is an infection in the prosthesis? I know I did. Gradually each week I gained more confidence that my body was healing and all was going to be ok. I hope that day comes for you soon. Sending healing hugs your way @Aline
Since you’d posted on my thread, I’ll give you my experience for what it’s worth.
You maybe thinking your recovery will be linear, but my experience is that each leg progresses at their own pace. That also means regression in odd ways too. @Mojo333 had a great graphic that shows expectations vs reality, not sure if you’ve seen it.
I was a weirdo and watched actual surgeries of hip replacements (just because I’m a “need to know” type) so i can understand why there is random pain and setbacks (with all the hammering, sawing and drilling that went on). I think it’s a miracle that I’m better than I was pre op. Are you worried that any pain is an infection in the prosthesis? I know I did. Gradually each week I gained more confidence that my body was healing and all was going to be ok. I hope that day comes for you soon. Sending healing hugs your way @Aline
Canada




Today I have my 6 week follow with OR..the pain in thigh down to knee has been around 8 the numbness on inside calf is still about 30 percent my swelling has gone down significantly if I dial back to June 23rd when my wound was infected. Urinary infection and swelling on the calf was 4 inches larger than left I have come a long way..I am concerned about this throbbing on thigh..I am clocking about mile in steps on Fitbit...I get up at 6 am eat shower make phone calls and try to get out around 11 am until about 230...I am usually tired..and get back in the recliner for the duration of day..take small breaks to sit on patio 10 minutes at time eat bathroom and I ice on and off hour at a time until I fall asleep around 10 pm.. My left side is nine weeks out and besides the soreness which isn’t bad.. because I tend to lean on it more really no complaints...pain mgt ordered lidocaine patches last Tuesday am still waiting on the insurance to approve..hopefully I get some answers today...at my 2 week FU surgeon made a comment he made have hammered me a few more times..I would think 4 weeks later I would not have so much discomfort. Not too concerned about the numbness besides how funny it feels..My left hip they had to do 2 nerve blocks on thigh and it took every bit of seven weeks to have sensations return to normal. Happy Monday...gonna rain here in Ky.. the heat has been horrible looking forward to the cool down
A nice cup of coffee and pecan pie is waiting for me been a long day

