- Joined
- Jun 26, 2017
- Messages
- 47,912
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
Good Morning @ssbluewolf
Aww, I'm so sorry...please know that you're not alone. Many go through the Post Op Blues. Re-read the article from the Recovery Guidelines when you're feeling up to it. I believe the worst days may begin to be behind you. The first couple weeks can throw you for a loop and be rough. You're tired, in pain, not able to do much for yourself. It's not fun, but it's only temporary.
It's good your appt with the OS is tomorrow. You can have the wound checked and gain some reassurance from him that all is well and that your mood will improve. I'm sure being alone makes it all worse. No real company or help at the ready. My heart goes out to you in that. Can you have a family member, friend or neighbor check in on you daily and make sure you're set up for the day?
You may get released to drive if you're off the heavy narcotics. That was really my surgeon's only requirement. I was released to drive at my first post op appt which was three weeks after surgery. I'm sure your surgeon will let you know when you can drive tomorrow.
Stop by often, we're here for you. Wishing you brighter days!
Hugs
Aww, I'm so sorry...please know that you're not alone. Many go through the Post Op Blues. Re-read the article from the Recovery Guidelines when you're feeling up to it. I believe the worst days may begin to be behind you. The first couple weeks can throw you for a loop and be rough. You're tired, in pain, not able to do much for yourself. It's not fun, but it's only temporary.
It's good your appt with the OS is tomorrow. You can have the wound checked and gain some reassurance from him that all is well and that your mood will improve. I'm sure being alone makes it all worse. No real company or help at the ready. My heart goes out to you in that. Can you have a family member, friend or neighbor check in on you daily and make sure you're set up for the day?
You may get released to drive if you're off the heavy narcotics. That was really my surgeon's only requirement. I was released to drive at my first post op appt which was three weeks after surgery. I'm sure your surgeon will let you know when you can drive tomorrow.
Stop by often, we're here for you. Wishing you brighter days!

Hugs

It is so good to hear from you! I am so sorry you're down in the dumpest.
take care.
. My OS appointment went well this morning; he said my incision did look a little red and irritated, but he thought it was probably from staple irritation more than anything.Since it was so inflamed he only took out every other staple today and I go back next week to get the others removed
( I had 32 staples total). I’m still swelling some but it’s probably because I’m up more than I’m down and trying to over do myself. He said since I’ve took myself off pain meds I could try to drive but only if I was able to use breaks well (not there yet).


and see how you're recovery is going?