• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

[THR] ssbluewolf Recovery Journey

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
:happydance:
Rest all you can when you can.
Good to see you on this side.
Check these helpful articles out when you are able..
I had to review them often due to my loopiness :wink:
Hip Recovery: The Guidelines
1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary
2. Control discomfort
rest
elevate
ice
take your pain meds by prescription schedule (not when pain starts!)​
3. Do what you want to do BUT
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you
b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.​
4. PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note of these
5. At week 4 and after you should follow this
6. Access to these pages on the website

BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery.

While members may create as many threads as they like in a majority of BoneSmart's forums, we ask that each member have only one recovery thread. This policy makes it easier to go back and review history before providing advice.

Cecropia

graduate
Country
@ssbluewolf
It's nice to see you post something so we know you are coming along. I think my first post was from the hospital and short. Then once home I wrote a letter about my experience.:heehee: All in good time....♥

OP
OP
ssbluewolf

ssbluewolf

Country
It’s me again. Day 2 : It’s still slow going, but It’s getting easier to move.
My OS said my hip joint was worse than the X-rays showed; they were complete bone on bones. it is not funny, but my mother finally said “ wow, now I know you were inm:no-fin:real pain, Really. Did yah think I was faking it. :censored:
I’ve had occupational / physical therapy once and will again around 2pm

Elf1

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
So glad you've made it to the other side. Totally understand the loopy but that might be good orbit takes the pain too. Catch up with you later!

Ptarmigan

senior
Country
I am so glad you shared a picture of your gorgeous eyes! They don’t look “loopy” from here - they look amazing! Now it’s time to close them, and relax as much as you can, and pat yourself on the back for doing the brave thing. You are on the healing side.

OP
OP
ssbluewolf

ssbluewolf

Country
Hope all is well with everyone,

Second day out from surgery was a little rough! I woke up and could not literally move; it felt like I had a ton of bricks sitting on me and my right side, felt like a semi had run over it.Needless to say my morning PT session was short this a.m. They have taken my IV out; that’s a plus.
Today’s PCTs are Emily and Emily; they are great. They have learned that I’m a big time coffee drinker, so I usually don’t even have to ask for it. :)
My dr may be sending me home today; which I hope he doesn’t, because my bottom apartment isn’t ready :(
I did better in my PT pm session, I was proud of myself, I even done a few stairs; I’m sure I’ll pay for later.
Many Blessings

SE Florida

post-grad
Country
@ssbluewolf Sorry you had a rough start this morning but your mood sounds positive and that's a good thing. It must be the 2 Emilys and coffee refills. Lucky girl! The first few days can be a little tough but they do get better. If you don't feel ready to be released be sure to let your OS know of your situation. Keep up the good work and keep us posted when you're able! :flwrysmile:

Rbc

Country
Your stair accomplishment is impressive progress, given your description of how you felt earlier. How sweet the Emilies are taking such good care of you! I look forward to hearing how it all goes and wish you well. (I was dubious about being released my day after surgery but remarkably felt better about it later that day. Hope it goes well for you, whichever happens!)

Ptarmigan

senior
Country
A great reminder that things can change for the better, and more quickly than you’d imagine - all the way from literally could not move to proud of oneself at physical therapy. Well done.

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
(I was dubious about being released my day after surgery but remarkably felt better about it later that day. Hope it goes well for you, whichever happens!)
I felt the same way...how will I manage?:flabber:
But I honestly could manage better than I thought and certainly could get more comfortable.:yes:
All temporary, dear @ssbluewolf
Healing mojo coming your way. :roseshwr:

OP
OP
ssbluewolf

ssbluewolf

Country
I finally made it out of the hospital today;3 nights seemed to last an eternity. Yet, I am thankful for the wonderful nurses, PCTs, PT, and other staff members I had working with me; day and night. I also have to give major kudos to my oldest daughter, whom I often call ‘jellybean’;she has been by my side from ground 0.

I woke up still stiff and sore as heck; a.m. PT was very short due to the stiffness and pain. But, I did walk all the way from my room to the PT room, which was close to 170ft. Afternoon PT went much better: I was able to do all of the exercises given to me, except for raising my leg on my own. I still can’t do that one. I know I over did it today, because I am sore and very emotional! On top of that.....

..... Currently, I’m staying at my mothers until they get my downstairs apartment completed, which was supposed to have been done a few weeks before I had my surgery! Let’s just say I’ve been over stressed for months on top of excruciating pain. I called the apt manager while in the hospital and was told, the apt should be done this Friday 7/12/19 and they will move my things in on Monday 7/15/19. ( we will see lol)
I’m exhausted , I hope I gets better!
Many blessings

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
ginr
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom