Sr. BoneSmartie's Club - Applications Invited

I've had four surgeries on the same hip. Some of us are just a little more complicated. I'm not saying that's a good thing necessarily. LOL
 
Sorry, ladies - 4 is the maximum! We don't have them for 'other joints' - yet!

The clubhouse is found on the home page beneath the Social Room

[Bonesmart.org] Sr. BoneSmartie's Club - Applications Invited
 
@Josephine, the only thing showing up under the Community is Social Room. When I clink on the BoneSmart logo it takes me to a page that doesn't have that.
 
Okay - I probably have a box or two to tick in the back room!
 
Yes, it's there for me, too. Thank you so much!
 
Yes, you would qualify @dianehelen. I'll get you set up and will send a PM once you're installed as a member of the Senior BoneSmarties Club. it's a little quiet these days over in the clubhouse, but maybe you can start a party and get things moving again.
 
Hi @NightQuilter I'm ok, all things considered. Anxious about tkr but trying to be hopeful about regaining some mobility in my life. If I remember, you were around during my hip nightmare right? How are you doing?
 
I cannot recall if I dropped in during your hip miseries - just took a look at that thread now. Wow! Has that all settled down now - the infection and wound and hip itself? As for me, I was just thinking (again) today how wonderful it is to be able finally to walk, lift, carry, and just move painfree after probably about 20 years of not so much! I feel blessed and ever so fortunate. It has been a long haul to remedy most of my issues (neck is next - since my spinal OS is threatening now taking Medicare next year, may have to address that in short order!.

I can certainly appreciate your anxiety in anticipation of the tkr. DO follow the BoneSmart mantra verbatim on this one!! I saw you had a lot of stomach and constipation issues. They preached to me taking Pee juice!! :flabber: Hmmm. Just warm Prune, Peach, or Pineapple juice for the latter. For the former, if you like ginger, I have found it particularly helpful. Make your own tea with shredded ginger root, and even the "candied" ginger helps. There are some Yogi teas with also helped - Smooth Move (uh huh!!) and Ginger tea. Also, I have recently found that coconut water is a wonderful laxative, especially the one flavored with pineapple!
 
I'm just seeing this and wonder if I qualify. I'll have to do some reading to see what this entails.
 
recently found that coconut water is a wonderful laxative, especially the one flavored with pineapple!


Ooohhhh can I add some rum to this suggestion? Hehe

The hip is mostly settled I guess, other than the lifeling gash/dent on my hip area, that is painful scar tissue, probably for life.
 
I've had four surgeries on the same hip. Some of us are just a little more complicated. I'm not saying that's a good thing necessarily. LOL

Your recovery thread comes up not found. Id like to read about someone else who had 4 surgeries on the same hip ;-)
 
I'm just seeing this and wonder if I qualify. I'll have to do some reading to see what this entails.
Yes, you most certainly qualify. I'll get you set up and you'll receive a PM shortly telling you that you are a Senior BoneSmarties Club member.
 
Back
Top Bottom