Guest viewing is limited

TKR Spunky's Journey.

At 4 weeks post - I've only been on 1 50mg Tramadol at night and Tylenol. Do you still experience nausea for some other reasons? Haven't really had pain (2 at its highest). Just curious. It comes and goes and doesn't seem to be when I take the Tramadol. Thanks. Off to PT...
 
Every so often I still get nausea, too. For me, it doesn't seem to be related to Tramadol. You might want to try and anti-motion sickness pill when you take the Tramadol. I found that it helped me when I was on the Oxycodone.
 
Mom seems to read the site, but not post. All is well. She only takes 1 Tylenol if she experiences any pain (which she hadn't for a couple of days at a time). She just finished a shower, standing,her old way, so she wants me to return the handheld. Oh well, in a few years, if she needs it, we'll buy it again. I did say...I didn't think she had the stamina/strength to stand the whole time last week as she did today and she agrees. Definitely getting stronger and doing more in the house. She goes on a trip Thur. with her friend. Consists of a 3-4 hr car ride and evening Gospel music concerts. I've advised her that propping the leg up would be really good and back at the hotel be prepared to ice and elevate a lot! I gave her some freezer bags to use with ice from the hotel ice machines - now that I type this, heck... I may just send her ice machine with her!! She's taking the toilet seat with the bars because they won't be in an accessible equipped room. PT is going well. Extension yesterday was -2 and bend was 105-106. Hope you are all doing well! Feel free to give any ideas :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful news! I was wondering about SpunkyBarb. I am so happy to hear that she is making good progress. Enjoy your trip, Barb, and try not to join the ODIC.
 
I would suggest that they try to stop every hour so she can just walk around a little and stretch her knee. Sitting for that length of time (3-4 hours) might cause some pain. Make sure you take some Tylenol with you. Is there any reason why you couldn't ask for a handicap room at the hotel? It's easier than dragging around the extra equipment.
 
Hi everyone... Well, since my mom seems to have difficulty moving around the forum and site, I thought I would let you know she is doing well and getting around quite well with her cane only. She still uses the walker during the middle of the night. She gets sleep in 2-3 hour blocks and is pretty much just taking 1-2 aspirin each night to help her sleep. She was 8 weeks post op yesterday - we went to visit her brother (age 79) who is 2 weeks post op hip replacement and is doing great. She does read some on the site and likes all of the information here. Thank you! Her last PT is tomorrow but she will continue on her own if the dr doesn't think she needs more. Her leg is straight and at Monday's PT she had 115 ROM. We took my recumbent bike to her house and she is riding that 2-3 times a day. I've been reading the site as much for myself now that I think I may set up my own account as well for my future! Both of my knees need replaced... I printed out the ratings chart to keep a monthly check on my abilities or lack of lol. So anyway, Spunky Barb is getting back to her ole' self. BTW, her trip was great and it was a real mental motivator/lift. I hope you are all doing well.
 
I'm glad your mom is doing so well. That's great news. When it's your turn we will all be here waiting for you.
 
Your mom is precious! And am inspiration to all of us!
 
I have been wondering about her. Thank you for keeping us up to date. I am so glad that she is making good progress. You will be well prepared when it is your turn for a TKR.
 
Great report, and we will be here for you when you need us! If not the same "us" as active today, others will have come along.
 
My daughter says that I fired her, but I said no, I just cut your hours. I have told her many times I could not have made it without her, she pulled me through many tough times. I am so grateful. Now I have a few questions on my own. How long do you still have heat in the knee. I was 10 weeks two days ago and at times my knee is warm. Not as hot as early on, but still warm enough that I put some ice on it. At night is gets hot and may be part of my sleep problem. Just have a terrible time sleeping. After two hours when I may or may not have slept, I wake up wide awake with no sleep in me until 2 or 3 in the morning. If I take an aspirin I may fall to sleep by 4 and at best get 3 hours sleep. I rest a little late afternoon may cat nap 20 or 30 minutes, sometimes do not sleep and by 10 at night I am tired. Don't suggest sleeping pills, or supplements, I won't take them.
 
My knee is still warm most of the time. I had surgery June 1. I am surprised when it is not warm. Like you I have nights I cannot sleep. Sometimes I watch TV or fall asleep on the couch listening to music. Usually after two days of not sleeping I'll have a night with good sleeping. I'm not taking any sleeping pills or supplements either. Hopefully this will get better with time - but don't worry about the warm knee. That is totally normal. It was good to hear from you. I have been wondering how you are doing.
 
My knee is warm too. On my visit last week with my OS he put his hands around my knee and said your knee is warm just like it should be. This he said is your body putting energy into healing. Good luck on your sleeping problems.
 
I'm 6 months post TKR and my knee is still warm! But not to the point of bothering me, and not burning hot like it was in the early days.
Sleep hasn't been my issue but I do take sleeping pills. I'm more of a night owl but I do sleep late.
 
Mine is also warm almost all the time, but like mamazipp's, it not really hot like it was at first. It's nice to know that it's perfectly normal healing.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom