Guest viewing is limited

TKR Spunky's Journey.

Some of us found Baby Wipes extremely useful during our recoveries! Nice to have when a birdie bath is all that's needed on those low energy days!

Way To Go Mom- your recovery is coming along great-!!!
 
Hers is a walk in shower as well and it may be that we just make sure she showers when I am here and I can manipulate the head - water can reach her when sitting on the bench. Thanks all! She is really positive and feeling good today. The foot even has a lot of wrinkles, showing that inflammation has gone down there. Keeping it elevated more today - I reminded her: foot above the knee and knee above the heart. I'm sure glad we get along well!
 
@Suz, I'm glad you mentioned the wipes. I used a many one of them and still do on my off shower days! They are easy and convenient and can be found at many stores.
 
I found the one with aloe to really help my dry skin especially on my legs. They also made my skin feel nice and fresh. The best part is that you can get them from any store. No reason to mail order anything.
 
Boy... Those bruises and blood pooling really like to show themselves don't they! Getting put on blood thinners for 18 days doesn't help. Hope everyone is doing well. Another day down - One day at a time.
 
I stopped looking at my bruises and then one day I noticed they were gone! At least they don't hurt. :) Tell Barb to keep up the good work. It gets easier.
 
I will tell her. Today, as I put on the compression pumps, I instantly noticed there was no heat in her lower leg! All of the bruising in various places felt cooler. Yeah! We've advanced to using a Tramadol during the day with the Tylenol regimen. I'm just glad she is communicating and accepting of the additional medicine. She doesn't want the pain either. Basically it's not time for Tylenol and she climbed to a 4 so in went the Tramadol and she was sleeping within 15 min. ❤️ I had her all set this morning and went home to attend my Weight Watcher class and can 12 pints of bread and butter pickles. She even called me on the way back to tell me not to hurry, that she was doing fine and getting ready to make her lunch - of course when I arrived - she's not just microwaving something - she's making a full out grilled cheese sandwich and is feeling light headed and needed to sit down. I explained that you are just not ready for cooking yet!!!!! She loves loves loves her independence but for a couple few weeks here, she will need to put that aside.
 
I just love your mother! From what you have told us she's one in a million and a real inspiration to all of us. I pray she continues to do well. Her bruising will disappear after a while. I find I still get bruising around my incision when I walk a lot. The doctor says it completely normal. So if mom gets it, don't worry about it. She's normal.
 
  • Agree
Reactions: Suz
Thank You for sharing her recovery with us! Like Paula said she, (and you as her caregiver & daughter), are an inspiration to us all-!!
 
Mom took care of her 1:30 a.m. Medicine (although, stubborn, wouldn't let me set an alarm). Tonight I start staying at home and will just come over during the day. In case of desperation, she does have a granddaughter staying downstairs for the summer. We just haven't wanted to rely on her since she is working full time and going to college - but, she will be in the house every night this week. Dr. visit is tomorrow! We will be requesting more home health PT (she's only gotten 2 visits) don't want to have to venture out yet if we don't need to (plus, her home health PT visits are free vs. a co-pay for out patient PT). We would like this week and maybe next week - then we'll be ready to go out for PT. Strength is returning. Taste buds are returning. Any good ideas for a homemade bag that hangs from the walker? She had me tie a grocery bag on for now. Have a good day everyone.
 
Hi! All is going well. Now that my mom is feeling better, I need to show her how to get here to read and post. Went to the Dr. Appt. yesterday - mom didn't like the staples being removed but I didn't think the nurse was very compassionate. We were able to get her 2 more weeks of home health PT. she did great with the walker to and from the dr. office and he is at the end of a long hall!! She was wiped out by the time she got back in the car. After 2 nights of not getting sleep, she is now using the alarm on her phone - setting it and taking her Tylenol on schedule - and last night she slept better. She measured a 95 ROM today and really straightens well. She is 2 weeks today, post surgery. Oh yeah, the scheduling called for when she starts outpatient PT and it's literally about 1/8 mile from her house (this is a place they said her dr really likes) I showed her pics of her leg (blood pooling) when she came home from the hospital and her leg is looking much better. I think she has checked her patience in, and is ready for the days ahead. As she has said, it's like and inch worm... An inch of improvement everyday :)
 
We haven't heard from you in awhile. How is SpunkyBarb doing? Well I hope. Remember we are here for you.
 
Hi Amy Jo and everyone. Barb's daughter here... signing on from her laptop and putting the link on her favorites. She just finished home health PT this morning - on ice now. One more visit on Friday and then we begin outpatient PT. She's getting stronger everyday. Gone are the days of taking 1-3 tries to get up from the chair... she now gets up with the 1st try. :) Not that these numbers mean much at this stage of the game - but her straightening today was 5 degree and her bend was 103. She also practiced again with the cane today. On Friday, PT is going to show her how to do the 2 steps with her cane (she has 2 steps getting in and out of the garage). We will be taking the walker to PT on Monday though (we will bring her cane in case they want to use it as well). I'm only here for a few hours, which includes lunch, each day. She's doing well preparing her breakfasts and dinners. Dinner is usually Lean Cuisine or leftovers of something I've brought. Sleep is good, but she is waking up every 2 hours... not necessarily in pain. @Floridagal I will get your posts up for her so she can read. You're close to her age, close to her date (ahead, actually so she can see what stage of the game you're in) and she goes to FL in the winters. :) Timer went off for ice, I'd better go get. (by the way, the bruising is nearly all gone, just as you said - one day it's gone!)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Doing great, Barb! The interrupted sleep is very normal. I think I slept in 2 three hour blocks if I was lucky early on.
 
Barb, you are doing great. The interrupted sleep, as kneeper says, is very normal. If you're not needing to make a run to the bathroom when you wake up, you may not be drinking enough fluids. Your numbers are very good for this point in your recovery.
 
Walked more with the cane today (with PT and daughter). Outpatient PT begins Monday. Actually had a good nights sleep last night - it makes such a difference!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom