Guest viewing is limited

TKR Spunky's Journey.

Good to har from you! Great so many people could help with answers.
 
jaschembra,
Welcome to BoneSmart, glad you joined for your TKR.
Sounds like your Mom (Spunky Barb) is doing great, and it is time for you to get ready for your TKR.
Why don't you start your own thread in pre op where you will meet other members in the early stages of deciding to have a joint replacement.
 
Spunky Barb,
Sounds like you are on the road to recovery, your knee will be warm for awhile, and moving forward if you do too much.
Glad you were able to cut back your daughters hours, a good sign that you're healing and getting ready to get back to your life.
 
So glad you are doing so well. I am about 15 weeks along and, like everyone else, my knee is still warm. Doesn't bother me though. Needles sticking and poking me do! I guess it`s those zingers I've heard about!
 
What do you do when sleep is almost impossible? I have a cough that starts when I lay down and I think that is part of my sleep problems. I don't have pain in my knee. I sleep maybe two hours and then up for two or three hours. Sometimes I finally get to sleep about four and then maybe sleep three before I wake up for the bathroom. I don't want to take sleeping pills.
 
Watch TV, DVD's, read, post on BoneSmart, others quilt, knit, embroider and so on.
There is a thread in the Social room under the stickies, Sleepless in BoneSmart land. It has been awhile since anyone posted, but I am sure if you post, someone else will post.
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/sleepless-in-bonesmart-land.9101/page-44

You are still early in recovery, be kind to yourself, your sleep will sort itself out with time.
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

Pain that you are not aware of may be keeping you awake, be sure to medicate, OTC is fine.
 
What do you do when sleep is almost impossible? I have a cough that starts when I lay down and I think that is part of my sleep problems.
I think it would be a good idea to get that cough checked out. Do go and see your own doctor.
There could be a couple of reasons why you cough when you lie down - and something can be done about most of them.
 
Hi all! Barb's daughter here... :)
Thought I'd give a little update and ask a question for her. She is doing great! Walking without any cane/assistance. Going back to Curves 3 x a week and Silver Sneakers senior exercise 2 x a week. No pain. Stamina stills wears down, but she's getting done everything she normally would be doing. Stairs are not a problem. So - how long do you have heat in the knee? I've told her it could be a long time, like well over 6 mos. but I really don't know (when I had just arthroscopic done on my knee, I think I had heat for 6 mos.). I've reminded her to continue to ice, especially after her exercise.
 
A knee replacement takes a full year to recover from, like SpunkyBarb, most feel better at 3 months, she will continue to heal over the next 6 to 9 months. Some healing will continue after that, my ROM suddenly and unexpectedly went up after a year and a half.
She can continue to ice and elevate as needed.
Where are you in recovery?? (TKR)
 
Happy 1 year knee-versary Mom!!

You're doing great. Returned to all your normal activities and exercise classes!!

:loveshwr::flwrysmile:
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom