THR Spongebob's Recovery Journey

@Layla @Mojo333 hope your doing well on this fine Saturday quick question is it normal to have the worst hip ache while driving or sitting in a chair as that's where I feel it the most :)
 
As i get up from a bending over position I get a sharp pain is that normal?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
If these things continue to worry you, please make an appointment with your surgeon to discuss your concerns. Hopefully he will take an x-ray of your hip and let you know that everything is fine.
 
If these things continue to worry you, please make an appointment with your surgeon to discuss your concerns. Hopefully he will take an x-ray of your hip and let you know that everything is fine.
Thing is I know everything is fine just wanted to know if pain rising from a crouched position is normal :) happy Tuesday
 
@Layla @Mojo333 hope your doing well on this fine Saturday quick question is it normal to have the worst hip ache while driving or sitting in a chair as that's where I feel it the most :)
Caveat that I'm only 2 months in but still found that both driving (only short distances at the moment) and being sat down for any length of time, pain increases a fair bit. Also I've found that even though I'm sleeping much better now week on week I'm in a fair bit of pain when I wake up. My walk before I start work in the morning normally helps alot.
 
@Layla @Mojo333 hope your doing well on this fine Saturday quick question is it normal to have the worst hip ache while driving or sitting in a chair as that's where I feel it the most :)
Caveat that I'm only 2 months in but still found that both driving (only short distances at the moment) and being sat down for any length of time, pain increases a fair bit. Also I've found that even though I'm sleeping much better now week on week I'm in a fair bit of pain when I wake up. My walk before I start work in the morning normally helps alot.
Hi glad your doing ok I get pain when going from crouching down to standing position also still have hip ache
 
Morning hope everyone is ok on this super Thursday :) just a quick question in the last few days I have noticed a slight bit of ache in my good hip (right) just wanted to ask is this normal while my body recovers as in my muscles and joints are having to temporarily work harder to keep you moving, and they're not used to this load ? :)
 
That’s pretty common.
 
Hi I hope everyone is doing super just thought I would drop by with a update I'm now 5 months post op and feeling :) and I have to say I'm pretty close to being pain free now the pain is prob a 1-2 now most days my hip/groin barely aches now only pain I get is when I bend over then rise back up again (rising causes the pain) and if I lie down and do a SLR or if I sit for a period of time then when I get up it is stiff but fades off. I'm hoping that in the next couple of months the pain of a 1-2 fades off completely (but if not im still happy) I'm so happy that I can finally have my life back after 9 horrible years I'm really grateful for all the support from this group it really helped me get through some dark days post op and if anyone here is wanting my advice/help I'm more than happy to give it :) but the 1 thing above anything else I would say i have learned that is a must post op is to stay POSITIVE and as active as you can be and it will all come good in the end :)
 
Great report!!! Sometimes the patience required for a complete recovery is the most difficult part. It does sound like you’ve made progress and I agree that you should have many good days ahead.
 
Mojo333 hi hope your well quick 1 is it still normal for a single leg raise to hurt after 5 months in my hip/groin ?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
If you’re still having pain when doing straight leg raises, you need to schedule an appointment with your surgeon to have him check things out.
 
If you’re still having pain when doing straight leg raises, you need to schedule an appointment with your surgeon to have him check things out.
So your saying it'd not right ?
 
Back
Top Bottom