Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Spinning over to the other side..June 2nd the day. Bilateral Baby!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cisne how cool that you son is so interested! Girls here now. My younger likes the physical therapy stuff.

I have had a great day! Great pain control. In and out of bed unassisted. Went for 2 good walks, did some steps. Using my walker but feel like I could do without it. I know that there well be struggles ahead, but just so happy to be feeling this good.

@Jaycey they have been giving me zafran for nausea..working great. No throwing up today.:yahoo:
 
So glad you are having a great experience so far, your positivity will get you far. Congrats and good job! I came on here just to check in on you!
 
A great start to your recovery....well done! X


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
just found your thread @Lauren Spin Trainer - I had both my knees done in January this year... it is an interesting journey but the outcome is well worth it. My thread is at broken link removed: https://maggie94 if you are interested.

Keep moving, take your meds and keep positive - I'll watch your progress with interest - cheers Maggie x
 
Thanks for checking in @Gummy Bears! My last spin class (which was Monday) seems weeks ago right now. Just happy to be on the other side and doing well!

@Maggie94 I look forward to looking up your thread! I couldn't imagine doing this any other way!

@Jaycey this forum has made me much smarter in knowing what to ask for andt hey were happy to add the anti nausea meds when I asked. And of course, ice, ice and more ice!
 
I'm hoping to take a spin class by the end of June, but we will see what doc says!
 
Home yesterday at about 5 p.m. which was about exactly three days after I got out of surgery. I am well set up at home. And able to do my exercises here. I am icing and taking my pain meds exactly when I should. All the advice I have gotten on this site has so helped in keeping me on a good track. I am in no pain whatsoever and able to move around with my Walker easily. I have quite a bit of swelling in my legs which does not bother me at all. @Zumbamama had tipped me off to that potential issue. It is quite funny actually as you said. I was able to move my bowels in the hospital 2 days after surgery. I am just so very thankful for all the help and support that I have had. There was a teeny tiny drop of drainage from my scar when I change my dressing this morning. So I will wait to take a full shower. looking forward to that. Home PT is coming on Monday. I am really trying to take it easy and nap when I feel like I should , but it is just so amazing to have no pain at this point! SO THANKFUL that I did them together.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
but it is just so amazing to have no pain at this point!
This part is so hard to believe pre-op. But finally getting rid of that horrid pre-op pain is indeed amazing. So glad you are already seeing the benefits of this surgery!

PS: don't forget - ice is your friend!
 
@Lauren Spin Trainer Hi, Not having that double pain in my life has made me a lot more thankful just to be able to walk. All the rest will fall in place, just use the brakes in recovery, not the petal to the metal, relax, literally smell the roses, and you will be amazed with your recovery. As Jaycey says Ice,Ice!
 
Hi, Lauren....You are doing so well...that is such great news. It's always wonderful to hear that someone is relatively pain free following surgery.

If you would be so kind....could you now create a signature for yourself that has your surgery dates in it? That way we can easily tell when your Big Day was when posting.

Keep up the great recovery!!!
 
@Zumbamama Thanks so much for checking in. The girls are doing great. My partents flew in from GA on Thursday. They took them swimming today and I got to stay at home and get cleaned up worth my hubby on duty. I even climbed the steps to the second floor! Was really tired after. It is amazing how fast the physical exhaustion his me! We have been receiving gift baskets, meals, restaurant gift card. And everyone has been very deliberate on checking in on my girls too; I think they really appreciate it.

We should meet for coffee sometime later in the summer since we are so close. How are you doing?
@Jamie I think I added the signature. Check me out!
 
@Lauren Spin Trainer You sound great! I'm so glad your parents could be there. Are they staying one week? My mother in law was with us for one week, then my mom for the second week. They were both fabulous and such great help! By the third week, I have been fine during the week with just the kids to help. My husband works in Maryland during the week so he's gone mon thru thurs.
I was truly shocked at how weak I was (and still am) following surgery. My muscles just can't listen to my brain! It's like there are 1000 lbs weights attached to my ankles! It is coming back though. It's like someone turned off a switch. One day so strong, next day nothing! That freaked me out! PT said it had to do with swelling around the nerves.
I would love to meet for coffee later in the summer! Let's do it!
 
@Zumbamama it is a date then! Coffee in August. Was up for 4 hours and then crashed for an hour. Fatigue fits hard. My folks are here until June 20th.

My biggest annoyance now is nausea. Threw up 2x today. Stopped the stool softener on Friday because a had a bm that morning and then diarrhea the rest of the day. No bm yesterday or yet today. Husband going to fill the anti nausea prescription. Hopefully that helps.
 
@Lauren Spin Trainer is the anti nausea med zofran?. I hope so. ..it really helped me and I was nauseated a long time. :(
 
@donor it is! I took it a few days in the hospital. Was doing ok without, but nausea back pretty bad.

I had them write the prescription thankfully. Just took one. Yeah! !
 
Hi Lauren. Pleased that you are home and doing so well. The stamina thing is major. I am 4 months post and only now can I say that I have 80 to 90% of my stamina back. Be patient your body has had a major assault and needs time..... All will be good. Maggie x
 
Good luck with zofran. I had the disolving ones and they helped. I couldn't keep a thing down. Yuk.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom