Bilateral TKR Spider on the recovery side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not worry at all about the size of the pictures! From one BTKR to another, I congratulate you!!!

That is a great report and wonderful pictures! It is awesome that your life is now returning to normal!

Your report is tremendous for those in the midst of the dark days of recovery---it shows them what is awaiting them down the road!

I am glad to hear of your success---and yes, that ROM will continue to grow for quite some time!

Please keep coming back with more of your successes!
 
Oh @Spider you look fantastic. You are an inspiration for anyone who has to have BTKR x well done xx I'm envying the blue skies in your pics. The pics are lovely x x well done you x x x I'm very proud of what you've achieved x

Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
Oh@Spider you look fantastic on your horse. Your horse is a beauty too!!
So happy to hear you are doing fine. Recovery is such a pain! But so worth it. Love the pics!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Spider returns 11 months post op now!!!. I seem to have hit a standstill in recovery, and just wondering about other experiences. I am making an appointment with my physio for a check, but thought I would check in here.
At the moment, I can go up stairs pretty well - but down is still a bit elusive for me. If they are small I can do them properly - but other than that I am still sideways. I can walk but there is NO WAY I can run. I would like to be able to run so that I can show my dogs, but this is something else that is still ellusive.
I am back to most of my normal life - not horse riding as much as I'd like, but I've just been so so busy. I can walk a reasonable distance now, and recently went on a holiday with my husband and we walked around more than I have ever been able to do.
I am going to the gym - but I seem to regularly hit a spot on the outside of my knee that gives a sharp pain. i don't really think my bed has improved at all for the last 4-5 months, and nor has my endurance on my knee. At night I still get random muscle cramps in this same spot that causes me pain.

Is this normal still, am I expecting too much - or could there be some kind of issue??? Any advice ??
 
If you are having this type of problem, why not ask for an appt with your OS? I think that you are just still healing, but why not check. I thought of showing our Corgi, but it was too much work. We do agility for fun.
 
Agility is fun! I breed Great Danes, and just show really to get an external opinion and make sure of their quality.

I'll go to the physio first, because he is in the same clinic as the surgeon, and will get me an appointment if he thinks its necessary - just wanted to know if anyone else has had this kind of experience.??
 
Agility is fun! I breed Great Danes, and just show really to get an external opinion and make sure of their quality.

I'll go to the physio first, because he is in the same clinic as the surgeon, and will get me an appointment if he thinks its necessary - just wanted to know if anyone else has had this kind of experience.??

Part of my hydrotheraphy is running in pool on spot bringing knee higher and then forward and backwards going on tip toe maybe if you have access to a pool you could try being in the water helps and its gentle way to gain. Strength


20/01/2015
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom