TKR Speedy2 Knee's First Birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear Speedy 2, I am vexed to read your post above.
That's no good and no way to treat you on your first day back.
I hope you can get a good nights sleep and have a much better day tomorrow,
Hugs Toothfairy x :console2: :flwrysmile:
 
:console2::thud: :yawn: :zzz: :sleep: :sleep: and congratulations on surviving the first day and making it home. Rest and take it easy. Lee
 
Oh speedy2 I do feel empathy for you! I have done my share of weeping/crying/sobbing so I know how it goes - as I'm sure most of your friends on this forum do. I've been back at work 3 weeks (work mostly from home - own accountancy business) but yesterday I had to go to a local motel to do some supervisory work & after I came home my whole leg ached & ached. So, doing what comes naturally, I had a cry! All is well today. I hope & pray tomorrow will be a much better one for you. Caring thoughts to you. (()) (hugs) Kerry
 
Well I'm glad to say had much better day yesterday and today:yay: Decided that things that had been changed in my absence needed to be reinstated!! Fortunately, had full support to do this.
My knee was fine on the first day - just my emotional state that was a wreck:boohoo: . However, I had terrible back ache last night and had a different sort of pain in my knee, which I still have. No long standing was involved so not sure what's going on - hope it resolves itself as not sure what to do. Icing and elevating doesn't seem to touch this sort of pain. Feels like a trapped nerve or something...Did anyone else have this?

I'm amazed how exhausted I've felt going back to work - and part time this week at that.

Thank you Toothfairy for your continued support - it's so appreciated. Also thank you to leejaa .

I hope that pakline your feeling a little happier at work - I felt such an emotional wreck on Monday, if I could, I would have 'run' home. It's good to know I'm not alone in feeling like this. Hopefully, things will improve on the stamina front. I'm not sleeping well which doesn't help.

How did you feel Stacy at Nomorepain67 when you went back to work? Did you have all these pains and aches? Any tips? Hope things are going well with you?

Hope you all had a great day.
Big hugs
Speedy2
:flwrysmile:
 
Hi speedy2
Sorry to hear your return has been bumpy. I had the luxury to do part time from home & increase my office time gradually. The aches and pains come and go with each day. Sometimes sitting too much hurts, sometimes walking too much hurts. Never seems to be a pattern. I definitely was more tired than I ever expected and when you need it most, sleep eludes you. Do your best to rest and take it day by day.
Hugs
Stacie
 
Lovely to hear from you Stacie Nomorepain67 ,
You are doing so well but interestingly we all seem to have similar experiences when we return to work.
Take care of yourself
Big hugs
Speedy2
:flwrysmile:
 
Whah! :tantrum: to last week and a hopeful Hip Hip Hooray :yay: to the week coming up. :beg: I had back pain, knee pain, swollen ankles and an emotional breakdown on Wednesday. Hoping for a less painful week for both of us. :friends:

Hope you're resting like I am and remember... Having a little "information" :martini: doesn't cause any pain and it can be very therapeutic.
Hear Hear! :cheers2:

Oh, I forgot ask, what kind of work do you do?
 
I'm amazed how exhausted I've felt going back to work - and part time this week at that.
It is, unfortunately, very tiring to return to work---very frustrating! On Sundays, after church, I would do nothing but rest my knees---icing, elevating, and just resting!

Sometimes sitting too much hurts, sometimes walking too much hurts. Never seems to be a pattern.
I finally gave up trying to figure out what was causing all of these issues!
 
Thanks for your continuing support referee54. Did you have terrible backache as well as knees to contend with when you returned to work? Any suggestions on what to do, exercises, heat etc for back. This is a new one for me - unfortunately.

Thanks speedy2
 
Sorry to be a 'pain' no pun intended - what sort of stretching exercises did you do? I don't know what type of exercises are beneficial to backs. I have developed a new pain at the side of my knee and i'm sure the two are linked.
Thanks again
 
Good morning Speedy2, I hope your second week at work goes well.
I had a hectic Friday and Saturday and didn't rest enough on Sunday ending up tired and very grumpy! Not a smart move.
Lesson learned. I had my first swim on Friday and really enjoyed it. I'm hoping to go again this afternoon. This is my last half day at work. Back to my normal hours after today.
Not long till the Christmas holidays.
Have a good day,
Hugs Toothfairy x :dancy: :happydance:
 
Oh dear - I know what you mean about grumpy - or rather my husband does! He says it's a sign i'm back at work!
Yes this week is going fine workwise, my knee is coping really well, just not my back! Unfortunately I have developed a dreadful cold, sore throat, earache...and I've only been back a week, can hardly have time off sick. Ironically, I was the one that never caught things before, just hope this isn't a sign of things to come.
Yes I'm also full time as from next week, except for one half day which i suspect will turn into a full day as the others have done.
Take care
Big hugs
Speedy2
:ereindeer:
 
Wishing you a very happy Christmas and a happy and healthy new year,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :santa::xmas-tree::xmas-merry:
 
Thank you @Toothfairy I hope you have a wonderful Christmas too.
Would you believe I have now got a tummy bug - I think I am just going to stay in a bubble until spring! That's one way to loose weight I suppose!
:presnt::santa::snowman::santa sleigh:
Big Hugs xx
 
Happy Christmas everybody. Hope you have a wonderful time and that your knees behave!

Speedy2
:santa sleigh::xmas-1::xmasdance::xmas-tree:
 
Hi everybody,
This is my first attempt at posting a thread. I had a total knee replacement 7wks ago now and although my physiotherapist says i am doing well i am begining to despair. I have read posts from others who have been driving at 4 wks and have returned to work. I have only just managed to walk(slowly and short distances) with one crutch. My knee gets very, very swollen (and yes I am using ice) if I try to walk too far and I have sleepless nights all of the time which in turn makes me feel 'fed up' and irritable. My leg feels as if it is made of lead and is painful, especially at night when i just cant find a comfortable position. I have even moved out of our bedroom so that i dont disturb my husband , who has been very supportive. Although usually a positive person I am finding the whole situation quite depressing and wonder if i will ever be able to walk without crutches and for any distance??? When will 'normal' life resume?

I dont take any pain relief and havent done since first wk of op as I kept fainting and nursing staff thought i was having a reaction to the medication so just gave me paracetamol which didnt seem to have any effect so i stopped taking it.

I hope there is someone out there who can offer some advice-thats if i ever find how to get back to this thread!!!!!
PS, i'm not usually moany!
 
good morning and happy holidays. i first need to say how brave you are and keep up the good faith … try to change your pattern of thinking … "pain is temporary" wether it is a minute, an hour or a year. all this is temporary"

each day believe it or not, you ARE getting better and stronger.

i had double knee replacement 8 weeks ago and i too am trying to stay positive, and it is very difficult because you do feel so close to being capable but you just can't get there yet.

i have 4 dogs, 2 teenage boys and a traveling husband, so i do know what its like to feel like you gotta get it going already, but remember, your support system is the most crucial part. tell your family when your hurting and take that moment to feel what your feeling, but try if you can to remember it is temporary and you will recover.

i agree will a lot of the posts, especially those who said, the doctors and PT etc.., don't really dive into too many details of the recovery and just tell you everyone heals differently, well if i hear that one more time I'm gonna scream … i used to do bootcamp five days a week, for almost two years, throwing tires, 100 plus sit ups blah, blah, blah, now, i can't even get off the toilet without grabbing on the the walls … so, believe me, i get it.

maybe this can help … my 16 year old has seen my cry way too much and he came into my room one night and said here, watch this … it was a motivational speech from youtube about pain and recovery … of course i cried but at the end of the day, it helped me so much and i take it with me each and every day. i will try and find the exact one but you can also just search "pain & motivational speeches" on youtube and you'll see many stories that may help your state of mind.

time will heal our surgeries but for all of us on the "dark side" we need motivation and support in our minds & souls. one truly cannot heal unless mind, body and spirit are in connected.

here's to you and all that are in recovery … your beautiful, your beyond brave, and you WILL be pain free

blessings & warm regards,
deedles
 
Happy Christmas Speedy 2,
I hope you feel much better today.
Have a great family day and I hope 2014 will be a happy and healthy year for you,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :presnt::santa::xmas-tree::xmas-merry:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom