TKR SpaceGirl - Blasting off to new knees (staged)

So glad to hear that you are doing well. Isn't family the best? You will feel so much better when you get home and through the first week. Big hug.♥️
 
It's so good to have you on the recovery side now! Be sure to follow the Bonesmart way. If you do you'll have a quicker and easier and less painful recovery!
 
Pt room has a sign - no pain no gain [emoji33][emoji35][emoji24] well I am only doing so much when it hurts I stop.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Home sweet home y'all! Getting into the van was the worst part, having to get almost 90 to get leg in, once in though I was set. I am now home, elevating and icing. Thank you for all the well wishes, about to take a doze will check in later.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Welcome home! Welcome to recovery! Each day will have its challenges, but EVERYDAY will have VICTORIES. Take care and stay in touch. You're surrounded by countless cheerleaders. HOO-RAY for you!
 
WooHoo! [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322] so glad you made it home and can get more comfy in your own "nest".


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
So I have a pico negative pressure wound therapy system on my incision. It just recently started buzzing all the sudden. It is not constant but I do not know what it means when it buzzes? Any advice?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Can you call your doctor's office? I'm sure someone is on call .
 
We did call last night and they said to cut it off at the bandage [emoji33] I was like ummmm no thanks. So I unhooked it til this morning when home health came. She said it was normal and pulling the blood and such away from the incision so we don't have to keep changing bandage.

I had my pt eval today and I was going to lay into them how I was not going to be in tears and pain to do this. Thankfully he understood. He got me up to walk from bedroom to the kitchen and back. Had me do 2 very light exercises with both legs, nothing major and not forced or made to cry in pain. Apparently I will have pt three times for two weeks. He said I was doing very well and not to be hard on myself because I had just had a major surgery.

Overall I feel ok, pain is normally at 4-5 with pain meds and I can function, get up to bathroom and walk a little. My leg feels more dead than it did at the hospital and I can barely lift it up myself now. My right quad is soo tight and sore feeling.

Sleeping is so so, I have not slept much at night yet but have been napping off and on all day. I literally was sitting there about to eat and fell asleep [emoji23] oops! My appetite is so so, things taste off so I am not wanting to eat much.

My hubby is doing well being my nurse, I am weepy sometimes because I feel like a burden.

I have been relaxing, icing and elevating when I can. The lounge dr seems to make me have more pain? Would that be normal?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
@SpaceGirl. I hope someone comes by soon to help you. My surgery is Dec 27. I've been following your journey. [emoji6] I didn't know what a lounge dr was, so I googled it. [emoji44] that's one heck of a pillow. I'm a little on the short side and that pillow would have me standing on my head. Just wondering how tall you are and perhaps it is too big for you and maybe try the 3 pillows pinned together???

I think the weeping is pretty normal with the pain meds....at least for me too. They really make me feel awful...physically and mentally, so please don't be hard on yourself. Your husband is there for you and truly wants you to help you recover....let him help and enjoy your "princess" status, while you can!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
@SpaceGirl - glad to hear that you are getting around somewhat and that your pain level appears to be under control! I know I worry about that! Did you try maybe a few pillows for elevation? I almost got the lounge dr. but I can't really afford it. Maybe pillows would be less pain?
 
My hubby is doing well being my nurse, I am weepy sometimes because I feel like a burden.
Try not to feel as if you're a burden. This is your time for being taken care of and I'm sure you'd do the same for your husband. It's part of the "for better, for worse, in sickness and in health" part of your marriage vows.

This article may help you:
Nurturing mother: how to let go and accept help
 
Everyday will be better than the previous day right now. Be sure and eat a little something with those pain meds. I kept peanut butter, crackers and a knife bedside. :)
These first 10-14 days are not nice but soon they will be behind you. Sounds like you’re doing great.
When I was on the drugs and sleep was wacky, I would be reading BoneSmart, and my fingers would always fall and click on one of the likes, agree, etc. emojis in the bottom right. :spin:
 
Congratulations on being home. That must feel so much better than hospital !
 
I am just checking in on your recovery. I am a few days ahead of you. I would like to say after that initial post surgery knee pain, things begin to get better each day. One day you will not be able to move your leg and then you will surprise yourself when you move your legs. One day at a time. :yes!:
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom