TKR Sondrals’ Revision

OP
OP
S

sondrals

senior
Country
United States United States
Finally made it home, took me calling my surgeon. He said everything went great, he put a spacer that’s two sizes bigger in and said it’s very stable now. Was up walking to and from the bathroom at the hospital with just my walker. Currently strapped into my ice machine with my feet up :) so happy to be home

OP
OP
S

sondrals

senior
Country
Feeling pretty good have been able to sleep pretty well on my side since surgery. Haven’t had to use pain meds except Tylenol but I have to pull my pain ball today so that might change. Icing and elevating mostly and doing some gentle stretches bending. Did throw a load of laundry in the washer today will have my bf throw it In the dryer when he gets home. Went back to work remotely a little bit today. My biggest complaint is tummy problems since I got out of the hospital but I had some low carb ice cream I think may be the culprit. My surgeon has me in a straight leg brace until I can consistently do a straight leg raise, can’t even do one yet but that’s fine. Other knee is protesting a little bit but that’s not surprising. Feel like I’m doing pretty good so far

Sara61

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Portugal Portugal
That's good news Sondra sounds like you've got it sussed, hopefully not too much pain once you have removed the pain ball xx

sistersinhim

Country
It sounds like you're getting along really well, especially for just 4 days out!

OP
OP
S

sondrals

senior
Country
I feel like I’m doing exceptionally well. Not to say it’s not sore or I don’t get tired. But I think not cutting bones makes it a bit easier. Was able to get my first shower tonight with a little help getting the leg in and out of the shower. Felt soooo good!

sistersinhim

Country
I loved that first shower! It felt heavenly and I could have stayed in there for hours!

Pumpkln

Country
That first shower is wonderful, :bath:.
How is your Mother doing with her broken femur? Hope is she is doing well.

OP
OP
S

sondrals

senior
Country
She’s doing alright, no surgery but is in a full brace from hip to ankle and zero weight bearing for at least 3 weeks. She’s struggling more with the can’t get up and do things part of it I think. My brother goes and visits her just about everyday and she lives with my aunt so she has help, just having to sit there and do nothing is getting to her. Hopefully at her follow up it’ll show things healing well.

OP
OP
S

sondrals

senior
Country
6 days post op, first PT appointment. I measured in at -5/85, which is just amazing. Hoping I can work on my gait a bit and discontinue PT fairly quickly this time. Also, drove for the first time today, straight leg brace means I have to put the seat all the way back but that’s ok. I feel a little bit like I’m bragging but I’m really just excited

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
You're doing great!
Don't rush your recovery, but give your knee time to heal.

You've got enough experience now to be able to manage without going to PT and remember that it's your knee, so it's your choice whether you go to PT or not.

OP
OP
S

sondrals

senior
Country
So I got some of the Active Skin Repair for my knee, can I use it now or should I wait until my staples are out? Or wait until there’s no open places?

sistersinhim

Country
You can use it right now, just be sure whatever you are using to apply it is really clean. It's for wound healing. It's amazing stuff. I will always have some on hand! I just squirt it directly on the wound. It even worked on my cat's nose scrape!

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
You can start using it now. It's one of the very few things that are safe to put on a wound.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Lisa’s Petals
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom