Guest viewing is limited

THR Sometimes peachy, sometimes the pits

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Peaches Your post sure does resonate with me. Like you, my hips are going along swimmingly, and I'm very glad I had the ops. BUT, I also envisioned walking miles nonstop with no pain. That hasn't happened yet, and I am slowly accepting that it may never happen -- largely because of my low back, and my knees are also quite stiff and sore sometimes (though OS keeps telling me they will probably get better as my gait straightens out). I think I expected to feel like I was 50 again, and clearly that is not going to happen. So I am also modifying my expectations -- getting old SUCKS! I pretty much have OA everywhere, which really sucks.
 
I pretty much have OA everywhere, which really sucks.

Me too @Butterfly! I just had hand and wrist surgery on 12/24. I am so tired of being in pain all the time. I have decided to do what I can to make things better.

Peaches, I cannot say that the hip replacement has really helped my back other than to make the low back pain more tolerable, but that is something!
 
Glad you are doing so well. Good reality check for us too. I had some knee and back problems prior to my hip issue. I too hope to get back on track at gym etc. But trying to be patient. So far the other hip looks great! Two OS's were shocked to see I only had one failed hip joint. Called my hip a
Rock star! All wondered how my bad joint was damaged! They surmise it was congenital. Thanks for the update.
 
Peaches are you planning to have your other hip replaced? I am very sorry to hear about your back problems, but happy that your new hip is doing so well. Sometimes things seem never ending, but you will get through it. Here is to a healing 2014!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Sometimes peachy, sometimes the pits
Hope you and yours have had a wonderful Christmas holiday with lots of family fellowship and sharing of gifts and lots of good food to eat.


I’ll be looking for you at the BoneSmart annual New Year’s Party. It’s been a very eventful year for most of us---and will be a very eventful year coming up for others of us looking forward to surgery in the new year.


Remember to bring food and drink to share---and pictures are always appreciated and loads of fun to share.


SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] Sometimes peachy, sometimes the pits
bottomshollow
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom