The biggest thing I'm dealing with these days is fatigue. I hope it's just recovery and not my baseline these days. I feel like I could flop down for a nap almost any time of the day
Good old energy drain....you're certainly not alone in experiencing the fatigue.
Our body's energy supply isn't limitless. So when we're in healing mode after major surgery
our energy will be used for healing first, not leaving a great reserve for all the other activity of daily life. It is completely normal to feel tired for quite some time. How long....most likely relates to your body's rate of healing. Making our best effort to get adequate sleep and rest is beneficial. Our body does it's best healing while we're sleeping.
Questions you may want to ask. the surgeon at your post op visit -
Ask what you should NOT do? Ask him to list any precautions he wants you to follow and the length of time.
Ask when you can safely return to activities (specify them) that you normally engaged in pre-op
When can you return to the dentist and does your surgeon advise taking antibiotics before dental procedures.
If so, for how long? Months, Years, Lifelong
How often should you return for follow up visits.
When can you leave your parents house for home.
When you can drive.
When can you go back to work.
Ask for copies of your medical records from the office calls to the surgical notes for your personal files.
Hope this helps. I am sure others will have ideas for you also.
Have a good week!