@HoneyB That is so awesome that people say that to you. I’m sure if all of us had that kind of support we would feel emotionally better.
I felt so angry at people who thought I should do more PT “since I was having problems” or just “keep doing your exercises “ when I agreed with the Bonesmart approach. One acquaintance asked if I’d done pool therapy. I said yes but it hadn’t gone well. Oh my, I can still see her look of surprise and disapproval.
Two of my best friends are very pro PT and I don’t feel I can even discuss my replacement with them. It’s sad. (and neither of these 2 friends have had a knee replacement. And one lives in Chattanooga. But she’s from the north, so that explains it!
)
I felt so angry at people who thought I should do more PT “since I was having problems” or just “keep doing your exercises “ when I agreed with the Bonesmart approach. One acquaintance asked if I’d done pool therapy. I said yes but it hadn’t gone well. Oh my, I can still see her look of surprise and disapproval.

Two of my best friends are very pro PT and I don’t feel I can even discuss my replacement with them. It’s sad. (and neither of these 2 friends have had a knee replacement. And one lives in Chattanooga. But she’s from the north, so that explains it!
)
United States
Just keep in mind that following a MUA, your knee will be pushed back to an earlier stage of healing -- tissues will have been torn and some of the healing undone -- so you will need lots of icing, elevating, and only gentle movement to ease it back to where it is now, and further. Some people have very good results from MUA, and I hope you will be one of them!