TKR Smarttoys recovery

We had a great time today at the agility trials. We had four qualifying runs and four first place ribbons out of a possible five. Buddy did great following my directions and commands. He adapted well to my slow speed and confusing body language. I found that I could get around the courses faster by kind of skipping around on my good leg. I probably looked a little funny but people said I got around pretty well doing it that way. My daughter will be handler tomorrow (Sunday).

So far my knee is doing fine other than I'm still recovering from major surgery. Now on to icing and elevating for the evening.

Here is a picture of our winnings for the last two days. The green ribbons are for qualifying runs and the blue ribbons are for placement.
[Bonesmart.org] Smarttoys recovery


Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Buddy is a handsome dog and looks very proud! Skipping is good - do what works! Hahaha!
 
Thank you Janis. The skipping just kind of happened when I was trying to keep up. It's fun too.:snork:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you @jojo9610 I need to take advantage of the placement ribbons while I can. They will get harder to come by when I move up in level and compete against faster and more experienced dogs and handlers. Then I will mostly be concentrating on qualifying runs.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
And for us anticipating our TKRs this year, we need to hear good news, too! It takes away some of this awful fear we have. Reading about nothing but problems makes me hesitant about going through with it. But, reading your good report gives me hope!

I was also looking for a lot of reassurance leading up my surgery. I was a little worried that I might not be able to do the things I really enjoy after my TKR. I definitely never thought I could compete in agility with my dog again at only 8 weeks out of surgery. :yes!:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Your dog is very pretty. You both did really well today! Four out of four is spectacular. I've used that skipping method in the past with other injuries. Whatever it takes! I hope your daughter does well tomorrow too.
 
Congratulations to both you and Buddy. Teamwork! :yes!::happydance::yay:
 
Thank you Celle and Marian.

My daughter had a good day running Buddy at the agility trials. They had three qualifying runs and three first place ribbons out of five events. She did great considering that Buddy kept looking for "Dad" during a couple runs. She was able to get his attention back on her and finish the courses.
[Bonesmart.org] Smarttoys recovery


My knee is doing well. I tripped over a snow bank when walking outside at the event. I tripped with my tkr leg and must have jarred it a little. I'm more sore from that than I am from competing and walking around all weekend. On to icing and elevating and getting things back on track.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk
 
John, I am sorry about your fall. I hope the ice and rest make it as good as it was before. Congratulations to your daughter! I know she is proud of herself and you must be proud too! Buddy looks tuckered out. Maybe he needs some rest also? Hahaha! He is probably ready to run again.
 
Thanks Janis. Buddy and my daughter are both tuckered out. Buddy will get a well deserved rest. It gets to be a long weekend.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk
 
Congratulations to your daughter and to Buddy. You must be so proud of them! :egypdance::dancy::spin:
 
I found out today that there was a photographer at the agility event on Saturday taking action pictures of all the dogs and posting them on his website for purchase. I never had any action pictures before and they looked great. I ordered a calendar from him. I figured it was the cheapest way to get a bunch of large pictures. Thirteen pictures including the cover.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk
 
Congratulations to you, your daughter and Buddy for such a great weekend! Your daughter is lovely. Buddy really looks pooped out! I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself from your trip. You deserve a rest and a day off. :ice:
 
John, that is great! What a special remembrance. Are the pictures of you and your daughter?
 
@Timetolive , no the pictures are mostly of the dogs. I was running Buddy on Saturday so I'm in a few of the shots but only parts of me.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk
 
Wow! Great job, Buddy! He does deserve a rest and some delicious treats!
 
Thank you. I am very proud of my daughter and Buddy and proud parents show pictures. So here are a few of the action pictures. You can see his surgery scar on his right rear leg in the second picture. Buddy outweighs my daughter by about 20 lbs.
[Bonesmart.org] Smarttoys recovery
[Bonesmart.org] Smarttoys recovery
[Bonesmart.org] Smarttoys recovery
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom