TKR Slow But Sure Recovery

Hello and Happy Thursday!
Slow and steady is the way to go and the best way to avoid the ODIC.
Wonderful news on your progress and visit with the OS. You're doing great!
@C'mon
 
It's amazing how everyday it's just a little better than the day before.
At 6 weeks you're doing fantastic! With my January TKR I think at 7 weeks I was at 105 for ROM, and that continued improving substantially over the weeks and months. In the end it was probably just as well to start formal PT at that point because you've had a bit more time to heal and you've really come along nicely. Great report!
 
Hi C'mon
Happy November and Happy Two Month Anniversary!
I hope you're doing well and slowly getting back to all that you love.
Have a great week! :)
@C'mon
 
9wk update, outpatient PT ended and things continue to improve everyday. Last week that tight feeling has started relaxing itself and things are clicking and feeling somewhat looser, swelling is still there but that is improving on the same little by little pace as everything else. I'm taking the stairs normally with just a little discomfort but nothing too bad.

I'm not sure how I feel about some of the things different therapists tried to have me do and am so glad the things I learned here were able to have me stop them before any set backs happened.
Examples: Big red ball between my back and the wall then squatting and holding a few seconds "NAH" after the 5th one the good knee yelled STOP before the new one did lol. Then this different guy started to manipulate my knee cap and try to massage the swelling away "NAH" absolutly stopped that after about 1min of pain and discomfort. I'm able to take complete revolutions on the bike and my longest on the last day was 10min with moderate resistance.

I do still feel the muscles in my thigh and calf and all around the knee letting me know that I may be doing too much then the icing only helps when I do over do it. This is definitely quite the journey and am hoping the other knee gives me a fair amount of time staying put lol.

Hope everyone is doing well with their recovery, it is a process for sure.
 
so glad the things I learned here were able to have me stop them before any set backs happened.
It’s definitely great knowing we have choices in how we want to do our rehab. Some of us were so inexperienced going into this and we trusted that our PTs knew best. I learned the hard way that’s not always true. It was a bad experience that led me to google, which led me to Bonesmart, and a wealth of new knowledge, and the rest is history!
 
That's great, advocating for your health and safety!

If you ever feel that a little gentle self-massage might be helpful, it's ok to try it.
 
If you ever feel that a little gentle self-massage might be helpful, it's ok to try it.

Well when I told my original Gal how I felt about what he did she did say that it's good massaging it but that it sounds like it may have been to aggressive
( ha ya think )

I do try and massage the numbness away, but like everything else it's just a slow everyday recovery!!
 
Thankfully you had enough courage to say NAH as you put a halt to whatever wasn't feeling right. It is understandably difficult for many to say, NO, to the Physical Therapist because they figure the therapist knows what's best. Wonderful to read you're doing so well and making steady progress. Keep it up! :wink:
@C'mon
 
13wk update: Still have some swelling and the feelings the last few weeks have been anywhere from clicking,clunking, and a downward pushing on the top of the knee cap, also it feels like something is coming unstuck like a little pinchey ( yea I known weird ) but none of those are painful, a bit uncomfortable but I'll take it. Still sore from my groin around my thigh prob from the tourniquet, back of my knee, calf and instep, gonna say that's from trying to get back into a normal routine.

Yesterday a new zinger started on the outside of the knee where it bends, sort of when you lift the leg or move sideways, thinking may be some tendinitis or the IT band getting angry. Today I put a compression sleeve on and it's def keeping the zinger somewhat quiet.

Hoping everyone is having a good recovery!!
Remember slow and steady is the key!!
 
Hello C'mon!
As you realize, it's still early into the "average" year long recovery, so sounds like normal stuff.

I will leave an article on IT Band issues for you to read and see if it sounds like your issue. It includes some stretches.

I see it's your two month anniversary in two days...so and early Happy Two Month Anniversary to you!
I hope the holiday season is all you want it to be and I wish you many blessings in the New Year! Thanks for sharing your journey here and for your support of others. :) Much appreciated!
@C'mon
 
I see it's your two month anniversary in two days...so and early Happy Two Month Anniversary to you!

Thank you so much Layla!!

I would like to invite you back to the future!! It's actually 3 months lol lol.

Thank you for the article, I do believe the ITBand is somewhat angry, I remember these Zingers with hip replacement.

You also have a wonderful Holiday Season!!!
 
Hi @C'mon! Happy 3 month an-knee-versary!

Wondering if you'd like a new title for your recovery thread since you are now well past "3 days in". :wink:

Let us know and we'll change it for you.
 
I would like to invite you back to the future!! It's actually 3 months lol lol.
Whoopsie daisy!
Happy THREE Month Anniversary! :wink:
 
Hi @C'mon! Happy 3 month an-knee-versary!

Wondering if you'd like a new title for your recovery thread since you are now well past "3 days in". :wink:

Let us know and we'll change it for you.
I've actually been thinking of that!!

How bout " Slow but Sure Recovery "
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom