Guest viewing is limited

THR Sissie's recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Sissy!!! How are you doing?
 
Hi @sissy46 - are you still actively paddling? - would love to get an update from you :)
 
Hey, @Poppet and @Jamie! I just came on here looking for something way back in my thread, and saw your messages from January. I don't know why I didn't get an alert on these.
I am doing great! Never a moment's twinge from the new hip.
Yes, I'm still paddling. Last summer I got a new solo canoe that weighs just 13 lbs, so loading it onto the car is very easy on my back. Also got a Brompton folding bike, which I love.
I'm still doing river patrol at the state park---heading out this morning to help with the Memorial Day crowds---and I've completed training to be a volunteer docent at the zoo. I will be doing my first tour this week.
Some of the "warriors" from 2012 and I have kept in touch through Facebook. What a great experience Bonesmart is. Wonderful support and lasting friendships.
I hope you both are doing well. I will check your threads today when I get home from the river.
 
Hi @sissy46

Came on here for the first time in a few months as I had some time to kill and you're one of the names I recognise from when I had my hip done. Glad to hear things are going well for you. Has anyone heard from @Damn! ? I remember her posts well too
 
She is fine. I see her posts on Facebook from time to time, and I do know that she had her second hip done about a year ago. At about 3 weeks post-op, she was pulling weeds and managed to dislocate it, but once popped into place, as far as I know it's been fine since. She had anterior approach second time.
How are you doing, @Spid? Kinda fun to catch up on old hippies.
 
@sissy46 you sound wonderful! Your canoe weighs about 1/3 or less than my kayak!!! I'm glad you are still patrolling, I think of you sometimes out on the water... Glad you stopped in :)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
She is fine. I see her posts on Facebook from time to time, and I do know that she had her second hip done about a year ago. At about 3 weeks post-op, she was pulling weeds and managed to dislocate it, but once popped into place, as far as I know it's been fine since. She had anterior approach second time.
How are you doing, @Spid? Kinda fun to catch up on old hippies.

@sissy46 I'm doing very well thanks. Feeling very good and the hard times of 2012 seem like a lifetime ago.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom