shrinkette
graduate
@Hoppy Nanny, @Poppet, @Jamie, @MajorHeidi, @LeeApril26, @grandma chris
Greetings & many thanks for the encouragement about water therapy & suggestions about footwear around the pool. Unfortunately, in all this time I have only been able to wear sneakers; the numbness in my foot & the skin super-sensitivity extending up the back of my heel has made it impossible to wear slip-ons because the top back of the shoe "hits" that sensitive area. I dare not even think about anything backless at this point.
I've got a new pair of flat rubber-sole sling-backs (not for pool use, of course) that I will try again on the chance they can give me a fashion reprieve from those da*n sneakers! But I'm afraid they will also not work. It's very discouraging to be limited to ugly old (even new) sneaks when getting a bit dressed up for an "occasion" or even just my 49th anniversary last night at a lovely restaurant. All looked fine until you get to my feet! Well, hubby did present me with a beautiful diamond pendant (which I picked out per his request), so the occasion was duly marked & at least I'm walking without pain. Still working on getting that cane outside, but still anxious.
Anyway, thanks for all the advice. When I get into a non-sneaker, I will take it under advisement. Hope you're all progressing & forgetting you ever had THRs!
Greetings & many thanks for the encouragement about water therapy & suggestions about footwear around the pool. Unfortunately, in all this time I have only been able to wear sneakers; the numbness in my foot & the skin super-sensitivity extending up the back of my heel has made it impossible to wear slip-ons because the top back of the shoe "hits" that sensitive area. I dare not even think about anything backless at this point.
I've got a new pair of flat rubber-sole sling-backs (not for pool use, of course) that I will try again on the chance they can give me a fashion reprieve from those da*n sneakers! But I'm afraid they will also not work. It's very discouraging to be limited to ugly old (even new) sneaks when getting a bit dressed up for an "occasion" or even just my 49th anniversary last night at a lovely restaurant. All looked fine until you get to my feet! Well, hubby did present me with a beautiful diamond pendant (which I picked out per his request), so the occasion was duly marked & at least I'm walking without pain. Still working on getting that cane outside, but still anxious.
Anyway, thanks for all the advice. When I get into a non-sneaker, I will take it under advisement. Hope you're all progressing & forgetting you ever had THRs!
United States



