Guest viewing is limited

TKR (Sequential) 12 months already

My PT has a few recumbent bikes. I rocked back/forth for a few weeks before I got a full rotation.
 
That's great that you were able I rock the pedals!!! Did it feel ok? Except for climbing into the seat.
I hopefully pt has a recumbent. It's almost like sitting in a chair.
 
Hi @gecko it's been a while and i see how great you are progressing. I haven't attempted the recumbent bike yet. But I should now that I have my pain more or less under control. I will let you know how it went. I just need to find my courage lol
 
Afternoon all, I have had a great day had my first outing since second knee, daughter pushed me around the shops in wheelchair trolley that was fun:)
Had a coffee at the coffee shop, and had fun with my 3 year old great grandaughter who looked at my knees then promptly sat on the ground and showed me her scraped knees we are the same Grammly, just love it:loveshwr:

And to top it of I have just had my first PT ever outside of hospital, and have been so worried about it, but she was great , she listened, understood how I wanted to rehab my knee's I actually asked her what her principles of rehabbing TKR's was, she said we are not brutal but we do what we have to , I replied I appreciate your honesty but if you doing what you have to causes me any pain I will leave and not return, her reply was OK, she watched me go through some range of movement and checked out my gait as I was walking.
She measured my knee bend and extension, she (lefty) was 90 degrees and 0 , he (righty) was 88 degrees and 0 :egypdance:I have an appoint ment for 2 weeks because its obvious that what I have been doing is working just fine:happydance:

I know I say this a lot but thank you so much bonesmart, so lucky to have you all:flwrysmile:
 
Woohoo!! Great update @gecko! Doesn’t it feel good to start getting out? Sounds like you had a great PT visit as well. Keep up the good work.
 
:goodpost:
Great to hear! All good news!

From the mouths of babes....that is too darn cute.....our knees are the same. Made me LOL. Thanks for the smile!
 
@gecko - I like the way you handled your PT visit and I like that your therapist accepted your wishes.
 
It is funny I usually log into bonesmart for some light reading as I am trying to fall asleep (actually I never log out), I get to read everyones daily updates because of the time difference, then when I am up and about most of you smarties are getting into bed,
late morning I go and read all new messages , and check in now and again after lunch but not many new messages until late at night☺

@kmak81230 it was great to get out and about, I loved being a part of the land of the living, we live on a beautiful 50 acre bush block that is amazing but it is 30 kilometers out of town and no close neigbours, so it has been a bit lonley here in paradise, usually I go bush walking photographing native orchids on the block but cant do that yet, so yes what a great day:walking:

@beachy glad I got to make you smile for a change she is wonderful, her name is Eleanor she and her dad came to pick me up , it was quite a long conversation, and she was so very serious in her statement its ok grammly we are the same, as she proudly showed of her war wounds :loveshwr:

@Celle you know I have been concerned about PT as I did not have any with left knee, so I have just been following the bonesmart rehab message, so I thought the best way to approach it was to just ask, and be up front and honest with her, and she was ok, then said I dont need to see you for 2 weeks because what I have been doing is obviously working, :yes!:
Was so relieved and now have less concern about OT visit in 2 weeks

Oh an thank you for understanding that message it had very bad grammer :umm:
 
her name is Eleanor she and her dad came to pick me up , it was quite a long conversation, and she was so very serious in her statement its ok grammly we are the same, as she proudly showed of her war wounds :loveshwr:
I love this, too!

And I love how late at night I read your posts that start with “good morning” and I don’t log out of Bonesmart, either.

You’ll get back to photographing your beautiful area. I love country places, quiet and pretty and far from town. So peaceful.
 
Good Morning fellow smarties, oh what a night, wondering if anyone else has this problem, I go to bed relatively pain free, but it takes so long to get comfy that I end up in so much pain that I need to take a break through medication, it is not every night but last night was the worse it has ever been ?:shrug:
On a better note during the day I am getting around a bit better and in the last 2 days have managed to cook our dinner and do the washing up, it feels good to do some normal stuff (Love my Hubby Love my Hubby) yes that is my mantra in the kitchen when I can't find anything or I find things in the wrong spot :heehee:
@Jockette it will be so good to get out with my camera again, before surgery I painstakingly used my garden rake to make a path through the bush so I would not fall, as we have a special slipper orchid that should be flowering soon, but I am not ready yet, if I miss it just have to wait until next year:flwrysmile:
 
I hope you are able to capture the orchid -- please post if you do. Glad to hear you are getting around better knee-twin. It feels good to be able to contribute when our loved ones have been so supportive. I hear you on the sleep discomfort. I find that I can start out relatively comfortable but then all of a sudden need to change positions and it takes forever to find a tolerable position after which I am no longer about to fall asleep. I'll be glad when this phase is behind us. :tiredwheel:
 
It sure will be @kmak81230, but as they say slow and steady wins the race, and I will definately post a photo of the Slipper Orchid if I get one, nice to have a Knee-twin :wave:

:reindeersleigh
 
Good morning from the eastern coast of the US!

You are having a great recovery in spite of nighttime pain. That's just part of the roller coaster, I guess. And that's why you have pain meds!
In my mind you had a bilateral.
Love the thought of orchids in your garden! We may have snow tomorrow. That's a 4 letter curse word to me.

Methinks little Eleanor is acquiring a Bonesmart fan club!
:hi:
 
Happy Sunday everyone, Sorry I have not posted for a few days, had the frumps and grumps, :tantrum2:@beachy my emotions are just as much of a roller coaster :tiredwheel:to deal with as well as the ups and downs of recovery :beg:

Well it has been ok, doing lots more and have not used the crutches for 5 days, still lots of stiffness and swelling so icing and elevating lots.


October Fiestie knee is coming up 7 weeks old and is the worse, and I have to remind myself it was injured and has had 2 surgery's in 9 months.

November Nimbles is coming up 4 weeks and gives me very little trouble in its self, though its my good knee so it takes most of the load.

Was considering if I should decrease my SR Tramal from twice daily to once in the morning, but unsure, I am going ok at the minute maybe I will wait until the 17th when I see my OT see what he thinks

Thanks as always for being there my smarties family ☺
 
Last edited:
Isn't this up and down recovery a pain in the knees and the emotions?! Your old new knee has had to take on all the responsibility that it wasn't ready for and it's letting you know about it. Baby both of them!
 
Sorry you have the grumps and frumps.
:console2:
You had a rough start to knee #2. And now #1 is misbehaving. You go ahead and have your rollercoaster of emotions! You've been through a lot! For a gecko lol.
Hang in there my friend. It does get better. Knee #1 is going to start behaving very soon.
 
Morning all
Well you know some of us should know better, but nope not me , I have my 85 year old mum coming to stay for Christmas arriving today, so of course had to change sheets in her room so did mine and hubby's as well, that was Saturday, Sunday vacumed and mopped floors with a little help from hubby all the while telling myself your going to pay for this, and pay for this I am it is now Tuesday and first leg is swollen from hip to foot and both are very very angry with me, I am currently icing and elevating and have taken extra 50mg IR Tramadol in between normal SR tramal doses and taking paracetamol every 6 hours☺
So has I have seen written here so many times it is what it is , best learn from my mistakes

@kmak81230 I have read part of your friends recovery so thank you for giving me the link, and thanks for being there:)

@sistersinhim Oh if only I had of taken your advice I would not be in soo much discomfort now, why are we so b#*/#× house proud it's my Mum after all she wouldnt of worried, she knows what it is like she is still recovering from a fractured femur, its funny really it will be the blind leading the blind Ha!Ha! she did not need all her equipment at least I have it all here

@beachy I am soooo glad I dont have 4 knee's like a gecko :yikes: could you imagine, thank you for your support you are doing wonderfully

To all my fellow bonesmarties hope you have an amazing Christmas:santa hug:just in case I get to busy to post over the next little while:gbh::reindeersleigh:reindeersleigh
 
Just had a thought about swollen left leg, for the last 2 nights I have some how managed to roll onto my left side, there for having all my weight on that leg, I wake up in pain and go back to my back but still wake back on that side, maybe this is the issue for this leg?????:shrug:
 
Perhaps it is; I found with my first one that as I was able to move more in bed that some nights I must have aggravated it. Enjoy your time with your mum / you can assist each other with recovery by taking it easy :chris-win:
 

Staff online

  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom