Guest viewing is limited

TKR (Sequential) 12 months already

The orchid does look like a slipper. Beautiful!
The lizard is......interesting lol
OMG! I did the math..It's about 100 degrees F there . I'd gladly switch with you. I love the hot weather.
 
Sorry girls , I must decline not staying in the ODIC club for long, and yes @beachy it was really hot steaming infact, so nice now lovley cool breeze coming in bedroom window
It was a pleasure to share my photo's with you all
Goodnight:sleep::sleep:
 
Morning bonesmarties, hope you all had a lovely Christmas,

Well it seems it gets busier every year this year we spent Christmas eve through to Christmas night at my daughters were we enjoyed the company of my 16 granchildren and 2 great grand children, and their parents, 37 people in all everyone had their tents up in the back yard and lots of fun was had by all

Mum and I had beds inside of course ☺

So I bet you can all guess were I have spent the last couple of days, yep you got it I have joined tracey, beachy, mom2lucy in the ODIC club getting ready for new years eve celebrations, hope every one is doing well sending lots of love and hugs to all:console2:
 
That sounds like an awesome family and an awesome Christmas!
 
What a fantastic Christmas you had! It makes the ODIC worth it when you can look back at all that joy!
 
I am very biased, but yes we have an amazing close knit family and was great to have all 5 generations there, Mum looked down the dinner table from the head of the table and said, just look what I have started, and how very blessed we are ☺
 
Afternoon, @Josephine I have a question that I am hoping you can help me with? Is there information on how to reduce medications without going backwards with pain cover?

At the moment I am starting to forget to set alarm so I don't miss doses of paracetamol during the day which tells me that I may be able to reduce the heavier meds.

My first knee is 9 weeks , and second 7 weeks. If I do too much I have lots of pain but generally it is under control. Today I finally can tell I have knees! On first knee the swelling is definitely starting to recede first time in 9 weeks.

I am currently taking to cover pain for TKR:

1 x Ketroprofen 200mg morning (anti-inflammatory)
1 x 50mg SR Tramadol morning & night
2 x 500mg Paracetamol every 6 hours
I have IR Tramadol 50mg for break through pain (have not needed at all since boxing day)
I also take 1 x 10mg Amitrptyline at night used as a nerve pathway for another health issue

I was wanting to try and stop the slow release Tramadol and replace it with IR Tramadol taken with paracetamol as per the chart I have seen here on the forum. This will remove the need to go to the GP for a script every 10 days

But I must say I am a bit fearful of going back to that yukky bad constant pain.
 
@gecko
:loveshwr:

I love a house full of love- especially at the holidays!! And ODIC has gotten a lot of members over the holidays so much it appears we needed a leadership hierarchy! :heehee:

Here’s to you progressing in your meds too!!
 
1 x Ketroprofen 200mg, being an NSAID, does not need to be "weaned off"
2 x 500mg Paracetamol every 6 hours - neither does paracetamol
I also take 1 x 10mg amitriptyline does require weaning off as per Weaning off pain medication

I have (instant release) Tramadol 50mg morning & night
1 x 50mg (slow release) Tramadol for break through pain (have not needed at all since boxing day)

To be honest, if you're been taking such a very small amount of Tramadol, it doubt you need any weaning off. Plus you've only been taking them for a few weeks anyway. That's not enough to become dependent. That usually takes about 6-8 months!

But you've not had any SR Tramadol since Wednesday (5 days) and you're only take the standard twice a day and low dose at that. I would suggest that you try stopping the SR completely right now and just take the standard 50mg twice a day for about 3-4 days, then one and then none. That should be plenty.

If you find you have any pain, just take Tylenol 1,000mg 4 times a day at 6 hourly intervals and you should be fine. And if that's not enough at that particular time, just take one Tramadol to see you through.
 
@Josephine thank you very much for your reply, just letting you know that you have my immediate release and my slow release doses round the wrong way, I have not had immediate release Tramadol 50mg for breakthrough pain since boxing day, and I have been taking slow release Tramal 50mg morning and night since first knee, I agree that the slow release is such a small dose that I don't have to worry about becoming dependent at such an early stage.

My problem is having to go to see the doctor every 10 days for a script (they won't just give you one you have to have an appointment). Whereas the immediate release I can get a script with 3 repeats, meaning I only have to visit Dr once a month.

I think I will try taking immediate release Tramadol 50mg along with paracetamol as per the bone smart chart you made as your recommendations have given me the confidence I needed
:thankyou:


@traceys , thank you for your kind words family is so important and makes the odd visit to the ODIC club well worth it.

I am hoping to get my medications sorted as well. Didn't realise it until just know but I am subconsciously wanting to ditch the meds as it is only 5 weeks till I return to work, can't wait. I love my job but I won't go back until I am able.

Hope your recovery is going well. Love hearing about your outings. My hubby is not the date night type :shrug:
 
Hubby and I have missed 6 Friday night date nights in 21 yrs. He even brought a picnic to the hospital my last night in.
I understand about work. I find out when I go back insurance wise at some point tomorrow. Please do what’s right for you. If meds make you comfy then do it. Don’t be a hero for anyone besides your self
 
Last edited:
Hi everyone hope you are all recovering well , My knees are ok, me not so much just wanted to pop by and check on you all :flwrysmile:
 
I'm glad your knees are OK. I pray the rest of your will be, too!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom