TKR (Sequential) 12 months already

Omg @gecko , so sorry you have had this experience. You are one tough cookie! I am praying for better days for you. I know about those pain pills. They are horrible. I am still having a bad time with them. But please take care and I hope you go home soon. Sending a big hug from Texas!:friends:
 
Oh my word you've had a rough few days! Hope you continue to get better pain relief and stay on track for going home Sunday. :ok::flwrysmile:
 
Oh no! The dreaded crazy foot! I had that too! I couldn’t touch anything with it! Not covers, socks, slippers , and even touching my bed was unbearable! Couldn’t sleep anywhere because of it! I’m going to scroll down here in a minute to see how your surgery went. Hope you’re well
 
Gecko,
I'm glad to hear your on the other side and going into healing. Hope they get everything worked out for you.
 
@gecko, I am so glad to hear you’re headed home to the comfort of your own nest. :yes!:It’s worth the two hour drive.:flwrysmile:
 
Well I am here in my recliner surrounded by my own things and so very pleased to be home I will write about my last couple of days in hospital later, I have spoken with my family and have decided that I need to bring to the attention of the head of hospital about the things that happened to me, not as a complaint, but to make them aware that from addmission to discharge things went wrong and need to be prevented from happening to anyone else, but for now I need to get on with my healing, Thank you for being there for me to chat to:angel:
 
I’m sorry you didn’t have a good hospital experience. I hope you can rest well now that you’re home. :console2:
 
Soooooo glad you're home!
Get those Gecko knees healed! :ice:

My hospital experience wasn't good either. I hear ya.
 
In case the poo fairy has left you......she found me. And brought friends. I didn't need her or her friends. I think they just left.:loll:
 
Home is the best place for you! Get lots of rest!
 
Sorry for not posting sooner it has taken me a we while to get settled into the nest, I am having a lot of trouble staying awake
Yesterday I came up on my first issue it was time for shower, and suddenly realised that I did not have enough strength in my first knee to take the high step up on to the shelve that runs the length of the bath, I thought ok maybe its another head to toe body wash, then noticed the drain hole in the middle of the bathroom floor I used a shower hose attachment on the bath tap, lent over the bath to wash my hair , soaped up the whole body then hosed off while standing in the middle of the bathroom floor worked a treat problem solved:heehee:
Today has been a good day I managed to do my excersises, make my own breakfast and lunch, I still have an issue with the left foot aching but the essential oils still works on it, my pain is being kept under control making sure I take my medictions regularly
I am about to look through the library for information regards tight band above the knee on right making it difficult for me to bend, elevating and ice does not seem to help
Thank you all for your well wishes I have been checking in often between naps and appreciate we are all here for each other:flwrysmile:
 
They breed us tough in Oz! Glad to hear you are coming out of your awful experience. I am in awe of you having them done so close together, it took me 2 years to work up the courage to go through it all again. It is interesting how we still feel as if we HAVE to do what medical staff tell us. I was very compliant last time and suffered a lot. Maybe I am older and grumpier now but this time I was able to say no when I knew things weren't going to work for me and apart from the occasional nurse with power issues I had a much easier time. (Although I was seriously unimpressed when they slipped me some Coloxyl with senna with my other meds and didn't tell me!) This was one drug I did NOT need! Being in your own recliner at home is worth its weight in gold. I hope your recovery continues smoothly. Can I ask which state you are in?
 
Hi to both of you in Australia! I’m curious, about the time difference. It’s 5:04 am on the east coast of the US. What time is it where you are?
 
@Harli B thank you for you for your kind thoughts, I am in WA in the Southwest, and yes it is interesting I guess we just respect those people that look after us in hospital and try not to be any trouble, that and the fact we are usualy in pain and still under the influence of aneathsetic,
My recliner is my best freind , and I am feeling more here over the last couple days starting to think about decreasing heavy pain meds, I live 2 hours from my OS so I am seeing my GP tomorrow for wound check, I found when the first knee dressing came off my pain was much less, so here's hoping the second knee follows suit☺☺
 
Hi @Jockette it is 6.20 pm here in the Southwest of Western Australia
 
Thanks! 11 hours ahead of me. Fun to know!
 
Do you change the time Spring and Fall like we do?
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom