TKR (Sequential) 12 months already

@Txmomgmom3 we dont usually get earthquakes either so though I did say small in brackets it was huge to me and the second one of that size in 2 months, apparently an old fault line as come to life and is causing what they are saying are cluster Quakes, it is a little scary as I live down South Western Australia and we are surrounded by very tall trees, I love them but worry if they come down on the house
Doing lots of napping in the recliner today , I think as many say just get sleep when you can:flwrysmile:

Oh wow I'm sure that is nerve racking since you don't get them often. I lived in Southern california for 30 years and let me tell you I hated those things lol. A 5.4 is a good size one!!

Yes that's all we can do is sleep when we can. I'm finished with gapabentin my OS gives after surgery and right on cue the "ice pick stabbing sensation " has now commenced on the right knee lol. So now sleep is even more elusive :bored:

The super woman comment was definitely about the sentiment LOL! Besides, you could never too the Halloween gecko costume.
Wow! I didn't know you had earthquakes there! Just as you were having a decent sleep, too.:swoon:

@Gingercat .
You're a little over a week out. Do the little adl's and let hubs do the rest. It will get better and you'll be able to do more as the weeks go by.But

I lived in Montana for 26 years, we would have an occasional earthquake and it was interesting how upsetting it was to your body, my brain did not like the earth rolling under us! I am glad that you are resting more. A major surgery alone takes a terrific toll on our bodies, but you will have another one shortly and don't need to stress your body more right now. Also, make sure you are eating lots of protein. I drank a lot of Naked Juice's protein shakes that had 20 grams of protein and ate cliff builder bars which also had 20 grams of protein. also, I kept peanut butter and crackers nearby and always ate two or three when I took any pain meds. Your body need protein to heal and pain meds on an empty stomach make you nauseous.

Ahh the elusive sleep fairy!:gaah: She was the absolute worst part of the recovery. I was such a mess for a few weeks. Thankfully week 6 started and sleep was back in my life! From what I’ve read, it visits people at different times during healing. But...she does come back. The first night of a good sleep is glorious! Hang in there ladies...she’ll be stopping by before you know it:SUNsmile:

Good Morning everyone, well I have gone from being able to do my excersise and walk around the outside of my house , to doing very little I cant believe the difference in not having the anti-inflamatories, the pain is awful, I think the internal swelling is causing pressure on a nerve and my whole foot is going off, in fact the foot is giving me more bother than the knee the knee pain I can deal with:groan:

@Gingercat I had actually stopped doing excersise, and was just doing the basics but now I couldnt do anymore than I have to because of the pain

@skigirl I am doing my best with eating my protien and drinking lots of fluids,, and I think your right about the Earth Quakes messing with our bodies, and yesterday there was lots of after shocks, maybe tbat is why my foot is going off☺

@flsungirl got a little sleep last night and you do feel better for it, cant wait until Wednesday I will of had number 2 done and be able to take my anti-inflamatories again, not to mention I will of had a good rest whilst on the operating table:yawn:

@beachy I have no trouble with the poop fairy since I started having my coffee with cream, works a treat for me, and the sleep fairy well I guess we have to learn to share:heehee:

Can you take Tylenol? My OS allowed me to do that. As for protein, try the drinks. They are really good and an easy way to get the protein that the body needs so much!

@sistersinhim I am taking panadol which is our equivelent every 4 hours, also slow realease Tapentadol morning and night, I can take imeadiate release for break through pain which I am doing and I have 75mg pregablin at night for nerve pain, and when I read what I have just typed I should have no pain, but I still do, it is funny at the begining of the week I was setting alarms because I kept forgetting my meds and now I spend my time checking for when I can have my next dose:groan:

@gecko, I’m just reading your post about the earthquake, and I’m so glad you did not try to get up! Good for you for staying calm.
Best wishes for a great surgery! I can’t imagine doing the second one so soon after the first, you indeed are a superwoman!:flwrysmile:

:console2:

I'm sorry you have so much pain.
But, good call with using dairy to summon poo fairy! I didn't think of that.
Feel better, Gecko.

@gecko hope you are able to get a lot of rest before your surgery. These last two days I have been resting icing and elevating and doing just basic stuff I feel so much better. But I did climb stairs several times today and my knee complained.:groan:

Good Morning all, well it has so far been a very painful couple of days but not to fear 2 more sleeps and I will be home free,
I have had to think outside the box for pain control, at some terrible hour during the night, the foot was going off , I iced, I elevated, And took all I could take in medications and was still in pain so I made a essential oils mix that I have been rubbing into foot and behind knee, within half an hour it settled and I slept untill 8am , I have used this mix since getting up and it definately seems to help, funny essential oils are my usual go to in all situations dont know why I did not go to them sooner

@Mom2Lucy it was scarry, and you will laugh but in that moment I thought if I just manage to roll of the bed on to the floor I could drag my self under the bed for protection:rotfl:
@beachy I am slowly getting better now I have added my oils:yahoo:
@Gingercat I am glad you are feeling better, I am having lots of rest thank you :console2:

I am blessed to have found all you amazing people my bonesmart family, I am never alone and for that I am oh so grateful:angel:

My foot and behind the knee (and tense muscles on the outside of my leg) are more painful than my knee too--right now. The bruising behind my leg has been the last to (almost) go. And that's been a tender and stiff pain area. what's with that? I'd be nearly pain free otherwise. Trying massage to little avail. I like your phrase about your foot 'going off'. Mine went off about two hours ago. No rhyme or reason.

well on second thought things tend to go south come evening, and it's evening now.

@hegel its awful isnt it , I dont know how else to explain it, and while it is going off I dont know were to put it, do you have any oils , I am careful near scar and front of knee using only lavender, but on the foot I used lavender, geranium, rosemary, peppermint , not sure which one calmed the nerves probably lavender, hope you feeling much better very soon:flwrysmile:

@Celle hope I have not broke a rule by mentioning what oils I used if so please delete that message

Thanks Gecko; I don't have any oils but maybe I'll look for some tomorrow. I feel like plunging it into something but I don't know what! Best of luck and easing of pain for you too! Funny I was doing really well pain wise all day today--best day yet!

@gecko , having just fallen on wed, from my bed, I would recommend a slow slide rather than rolling off:rofsign:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back