NetballKnees
senior
Hello fellow Bonesmarties ... I have resurfaced again. Have had terrible time with health issues the last 6 weeks or so. Was taken to hospital by ambulance with severe chest pain in June and following a blood test showing an elevated troponin level, was admitted to the coronary care unit. There followed a lovely week of poking, prodding and more needle pricks than I liked. A number of dye CT scans and an ultrasound guided insertion of a cannula due to horrible veins. However, an angiogram at the end of the week showed clear arteries, so they completely lost interest in me and sent me home.
However an ultrasound showed multiple gallstones and I now have to have my gallbladder removed on 8 August. My second TKR is booked in for 21 August and I am so confused as to whether to go ahead with that or not.
I also had a chest infection/bronchitis for 4 weeks and needed 3 weeks off work, which is severely cutting into my recovery time IF I do have my right knee done.
A quick update on the status of my already replaced left knee is that I still only have a maximum bend of 85 and only on exceptionally good days, with about 75 being normal. Still can't ride any kind of bike. Still can't get up off toilets and most seats without either being helped up or levering myself up by pushing off the cistern or a wall or whatever is handy to the seat. Still have difficulty putting socks on the replaced leg because it won't bend enough. OS is not interested in MUA and says he thinks this is as good as I will get now - maybe a few more degrees - maybe. AND I still feel very envious when reading other Bonesmarties who achieve a 90 degree bend in a couple of weeks.
My right knee is deteriorating very quickly. Have so much pain at the back of the knee (OS always said x-rays showed most of my damage was at the back of the knee). And there is also very bad pain which seems to be in the bone just below the actual knee and I am not sure a replacement would fix it. Also, I could probably only have 6 weeks off maximum this time whereas I had 12 weeks off with the left knee and needed all of that time. And now that I live on my own, there is no-one at home to help.
I know many, many Bonesmarties coped with being on their own, but I know for the first week or two, I was a big sook and certainly needed help as far as looking after the animals went, in particular. I really need some
in making any decision and it has to be soon because it is nearly August.
There is also the financial consideration of paying for gaps in hospital costs, surgeon costs, anaesthetist costs and assistant doctor costs and this is times two because of the gallbladder removal. What to do, what to do 
I apologise for just concentrating on me in this post. I do hope everyone of my Bonesmartie friends is well, recoveries going great and enjoying life. I will catch up with you all next time.
Take care everyone ...
Hugs ... Ellen
However an ultrasound showed multiple gallstones and I now have to have my gallbladder removed on 8 August. My second TKR is booked in for 21 August and I am so confused as to whether to go ahead with that or not.
I also had a chest infection/bronchitis for 4 weeks and needed 3 weeks off work, which is severely cutting into my recovery time IF I do have my right knee done.
A quick update on the status of my already replaced left knee is that I still only have a maximum bend of 85 and only on exceptionally good days, with about 75 being normal. Still can't ride any kind of bike. Still can't get up off toilets and most seats without either being helped up or levering myself up by pushing off the cistern or a wall or whatever is handy to the seat. Still have difficulty putting socks on the replaced leg because it won't bend enough. OS is not interested in MUA and says he thinks this is as good as I will get now - maybe a few more degrees - maybe. AND I still feel very envious when reading other Bonesmarties who achieve a 90 degree bend in a couple of weeks.
My right knee is deteriorating very quickly. Have so much pain at the back of the knee (OS always said x-rays showed most of my damage was at the back of the knee). And there is also very bad pain which seems to be in the bone just below the actual knee and I am not sure a replacement would fix it. Also, I could probably only have 6 weeks off maximum this time whereas I had 12 weeks off with the left knee and needed all of that time. And now that I live on my own, there is no-one at home to help.
I know many, many Bonesmarties coped with being on their own, but I know for the first week or two, I was a big sook and certainly needed help as far as looking after the animals went, in particular. I really need some
in making any decision and it has to be soon because it is nearly August.
There is also the financial consideration of paying for gaps in hospital costs, surgeon costs, anaesthetist costs and assistant doctor costs and this is times two because of the gallbladder removal. What to do, what to do 
I apologise for just concentrating on me in this post. I do hope everyone of my Bonesmartie friends is well, recoveries going great and enjoying life. I will catch up with you all next time.
Take care everyone ...
Hugs ... Ellen
Last edited by a moderator:
Australia
You've really been through the mill.
