Guest viewing is limited

THR Second new shiny new hip in and working good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sandybeach, my husband came home yesterday. No he doesn't want me to fuss, but I just made lunch for him and a friend of his who he invited over at the last minute, and now I'm baking him a chocolate cake. (I'm not working today.). He's feeling ok, but is really limited in what he can do. As we know, every day will get better.

I took a yoga class this morning with one of my favorite teachers-- I was surprised at what I could do, and not upset about what I couldn't. Just really happy to be back. This will be the first week since the surgery that I've worked 5 full days, so we'll see how I feel Saturday afternoon. (I'm guessing tired.). It's 70 here today, too-- so happy it's spring finally! I hope you're able to get the PT you need. I just got my insurance statement for the PT and I was shocked at how little she gets paid per visit-- it explains why she has to have so many people there at the same time. I'm glad you're feeling well enough to get around the house and take care of things. It's good to feel normal, isn't it? XO
 
A cake will make him feel better and a chocolate one is a bonus:) I have been able to go outside for the past couple days. I took my book out and read on the deck a little while ago, it felt so good just to sit in the sunshine after the long winter. My dog felt the same as she came up and might as well sat on my lap....like the deck isn't big enough for the two of us. I have also gone down to the basement to do laundry. Coming up the stairs takes the time but slowly and steady does it. I haven't seen the insurance statement for PT yet, which is strange that's been awhile since I had it from my first surgery. I wanted to start PT last week but they were full so yeah, it's pretty crowded in our area too. Do you have therapy in a group? I bet you're doing really well at yoga. I am going to concentrate at first just walking and towards fall get into going to a health club during my lunchtime although I have a lot of exercise machines here at home, just don't use them. Is yoga a hard thing to get started doing? I don't know anything about it. I know there's classes close by and they offer several levels.
 
sandybeach, what are you reading?

As for yoga, I've done yoga for a long time. If you want to get started, wait till you're cleared by your doctor, and then take level 1 classes from a certified yoga instructor. If you can find a type of yoga called Iyengar, it's a really safe way to get started because it focuses on proper positioning, and the teachers are usually either certified or in process and studying with someone who is. Avoid gym yoga unless the teacher is certified (and not from the gym). It isn't supposed to be difficult, but someone can push you into the wrong position so you have to be careful.
 
BarbaraR the books I have been reading are the 3 Fifty Shades of Grey...lol....Why am I bothering? Not sure. Have your read them? If not, don't bother, if you have, do you think the same as me? I have about 20 more pages on the last book so being I'm this far I might as finish. The yoga classes around here are adult education classes, so maybe not the best ones to attend....I will have to check them out when they are offered again and see if it's something for me....thanks for the info, I will look up that link and read up about it.
 
sandybeach, I hope you're having fun! I haven't read 50 shades-- don't think I will. Sometimes there are good teachers in the adult Ed programs, so ask what their training is. You want someone who is RYT certified with at least 250 (but preferably 500) hours of training.
 
My 4 week update. I am doing pretty well. My pain is way down to a minimum so I started taking aleve. The weather here was cold and rainy for the last few days so my activity level was down too so I hope today my pain stays down, if not I will have to make adjustments. I have been driving for over a week and that's going good, almost better than before the surgery, the leg movement pain is gone now. I started PT is past week. The therapist was surprised at how well I'm doing since surgery and the strength that I have regained already. I still have a long way to go but I'm definitely going the right way. I have 2 weeks before I go back to work, I think I might ask for an extra week just to have that time to heal a little more before I get on with life. My goal is to return to work without the use of a cane so we'll see.
 
BarbaraR, thanks for the all the yoga info, it's helpful. The Fifty Shades books are quite different from the Mary Higgins Clark and Danielle Steel books I usually read.
 
sandybeach it sounds like you are doing really well.:yay:
I havent read 50 shades the girls at work raved about it but I didn't think it was for me.
I like reading Mary Higgens Clark and Danielle Steel. I like Stephen King and Robin Cook too.
 
Elosarabrab, there's nothing to rave about with Fifty Shades books. Now that I read them, I don't get why they are so popular. Take my advice, don't waste your time. Those authors and so much better reading. Robin Cook, what kind of books are those? I like mystery. I doing good, I feel like a spring cold is coming on but I plan on spending some time with mom today and coming home cook dinner and soon, like tomorrow it is time to start doing some yard work...I can't believe I'm even thinking about being able to do some of that. I won't be doing much but more than last year. Now that things are starting to green up I'm thinking about buying my flowers and working in my flowerbeds...I'm pretty excited about the upcoming weeks.
 
sandybeach, I think delaying return to work might be a good idea. My boss gave me some good advice before my op. He said when I feel ready to come back, take an extra week, then come back. That's exactly what I'm doing. I feel ready right now but I'm starting on the 22nd. I will be well and truly ready to go - definitely no walking stick!
 
BarbaraR I have a 30 minute commute to work so I will get cd's of books from the library and I listened to about 1/2 of 11/22/63 before I had to return it. They had a list of people they were holding it for so I never got to the end. I need to get that back and see how it ends but that was good. There had to be something like 30 cd's to that book.
Allycat, that is good advice. I feel good right now, having issues sleeping though. My legs aren't as strong as they should be so I hope to get the muscles stronger by doing the exercises and walking more.
 
BarbaraR, I havent read that one yet. I have read a lot of his earlier books Misery, The stand,salems lot, pet sematary, thinner to name a few. A lot of them have been made into films but I find if I have read the book first then see the film it just isn't as good.
sandybeach it sounds like you have a busy weekend planned. I havent been able to do anything in the garden for such a long time. It falls to Ed to do basic maintenance keeping the grass trimmed and the weeds down as much as possible.
Have a great weekend
Barbara
 
Elosarabrab The Steven King book Barbara is referring to is pretty good, it's about President John F. Kennedy Assassination. I forgot about until now, I have to get that and finish it. Right now it looks like my Saturday will not be outside in the gardens...it's cold and we hard winds.

Happy Mothers Day to all the Mom's on this site. How are you all spending it? My daughter is coming to cook for me.
 
Mother's Day for me - going out to see a live band at a pub, with my kids. Nice.
 
sandybeach, I finally had time to read your whole story! (My desk chair makes my lower back hurt if I sit here too long, so my online moments are scattered.) It sounds as if you are doing so well!
Elosarabrab and BarbaraR, I've really enjoyed mysteries by Elizabeth George and Martha Grimes - I am having a hard time finding any that I haven't read. And of course Dick Francis - I love the inclusion of the horse world into the stories....
Mother's Day. Hmmm. My older son called this morning, but I'm not sure what the afternoon holds. My mother needs a few things brought to the hospital, and no one has gone to her apartment to get her mail in over a week, so I'll probably ride along as my husband does some of that stuff. We will order from somewhere for dinner, though, to mark the day as an occasion!
 
Songlady, Your mothers day sounds perfect, you're doing something for you mom that needs to be done and you are not cooking, the order in is a good idea:)
Allycat your mothers day sounds like lots of fun and to be able to spend it with your kids too.

Our kids always have conflict with all holidays and work. We have 2 police officers and one nurse in our family so jobs demand 24/7 coverage.

I hope all mom's have a great day however they choose to spend the day:cheers:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom