Bilateral THR SeaSiren's sweet new hips!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I would LOVE to have you jump on a plane to visit me in NH nmscienceteacher :friends: ... I'd rather you come when we can all can go dancing on the beach!! :dancy: Of course you're all invited... zauberflöte, ByGosh, Littlejem, Poppet, TennisNut Mamarey Peaches... and the rest of my hipster pals! Oh wouldn't we all have a good time together:egypdance:

Ok as everyone here has so wisely advised... I contacted my OS this afternoon... and he said I have a couple of things going on: likely injured that iliopsoas tendon that surrounds the hip - ouch... and as the ball isn't yet firmly settled all the way in the socket it probably came out a bit due to the twist/injury, it now has to re-settle. double ouch... so back on couch, no weight-bearing on that leg, ice, elevate, anti-inflamatories and xray/visit next week... This mess put me backwards a good 10+ days :groan:

Soooo... Anyone having a great day??? Love to hear some happy news!! Going out tonight... seen any good movies???? :wink:
 
Thank you, thank you for posting! My husband was aghast that you hadn't seen anyone...he is a PT but isn't currently practicing.
Good news, hmmm my laundry is almost done....I am reading a fabulous book by Louise Penny, a Canadian writer. It is called Still Life and is a murder mystery. The best part is that a friend loaned it to me and brought the next 6 books in the series....so I have another ten inches worth of reading to look forward to...and she is a perfect summer, post surgery read.
is North Hampton on the shore? My family is from New England and I spent many happy summers there as a child. my mom grew up in Newport, my dad grew up inNorwichVt. Across the river from Hanover. My husband and I had a camp on a tiny lake by Gilmanton Ironworks and if you know where that is I will be very surprised...it is not much more than a feed store, post office and general store. Anyway I have deep roots in both Vermont and New Hampshire.
I will maintain that the best good news is that you got in contact with your surgeon. I am really sorry for the increase in pain...trot out some old movies that will make you laugh and try to make the best of your necessary inactivity while you ice and elevate. If you get desperate you can always pop on over to Zauberflote's thread...it can always be counted on for a chuckle! Take care and keep us posted.
 
I'm glad I called my OS too nmscienceteacher... so is my hubby! It was helpful to hear that my sort of injury isn't uncommon especially w/anteior approach. So I'll just behave myself and as you suggest watch some old comedies :). Laundry nearly done IS good news... and I love mysteries.. and recommendations! I'll be looking up that author... thank you sweets :-)

I certainly know ALL those NH/VT places you mention!! I have lived near each of them at one time! Gilmanton is just south of the 'big lake' where I lived (Gilford) in the mid-80s and I had a little farm in Ascutney, VT just over the river not far from Newport... also lived in Wilder, VT - next door to beautiful Norwich! :snork:... Now I gleefully live near the ocean... we have the tinyest coastline in the country - just 18-miles... about 45 minutes north of Boston... come visit! You must still have kin up here!!:yay:
 
SeaSiren, You look gorgeous! What an inspiration! You make me homesick for New England, too. I lived in Boston for 27 years; now I've been in Florida for nearly 11 years. Keep on keeping on!
 
SeaSiren Yep, the best news is that you made that call and perhaps prevented further nastier damage. I was anterior, remind me not to fall off the dining room table LOL. I am sorry for the long and boring delay in recovery, but in a second I will give you something to do with it!!
seen any good movies???? :wink:
And here it is! Somebody here recommended to me a 1975 BBC tv comedy series, called both "The Good Life" and 'Good Neighbours". Well, I found it on Amazon Prime (which I signed up for especially to recover with!) for free!!! There seem only to be 21 episodes, and i am gobbling them far too fast. The first couple were a little slow, but then the cast and the writers jelled, and it took off like wildfire. Or, I got the hang of it after a couple of episodes, take your pick!:rotfl:

Anyway I have deep roots in both Vermont and New Hampshire.
mmmmmmmm nmscienceteacher how deep?:wink: I am sixth generation Vermont ! LOL but only actually lived there for 3 years. My mother grew up and then later returned for 26 more years in Bennington. I finished high school there. However, I consider myself a Virginian, southern (Atlanta) born and (Virginia) bred. Have lived all but 14 years of my life here, and three of those fourteen were in West Virginia which is a world unto itself, or was in the 60's anyway!

So, SeaSiren, get that credit card out and sign up for Amazon Prime while you're languishing on the couch...
 
nmscienceteacher, Did you ever hear the Vermont joke (which I've also heard about Maine):

A woman who had lived in Vermont for 50 years was talking with a neighbor and said, "Of course, I'm not a true Vermonter, because I've ONLY lived here for 50 years, but my daughter was born here so she IS a Vermonter." The neighbor sniffed, and said, "Just because a cat has kittens in the oven doesn't make 'em biscuits!"
 
SeaSiren I'm so glad that you called the OS. Good for you! That puts all of us a little bit at ease. But I know I won't feel completely better until you go and see him and have an xray, though. So please do that ASAP - like Mon, or even sooner? I'm surprised he didn't want you to go right in to be seen. After all, aren't you his first bilateral hip replacement? I would think you're pretty special to him. And you did make hospital history for being the first to have it done there, right? So everyone must have a vested interest in your well-being, one way or another. We sure do! :friends:

Okay - so the good news here is (and you'll see I posted this on my thread, too)---- I was on Prednisone for almost a week and it helped enough so that last night our family was able to go to my next door neighbor's for an outdoor party she was having for another neighbor that's moving. It was great to get out, socialize, see my neighbors, eat good food, sit in the yard. All the normal things. And I got to eat rhubarb, which I haven't had since I was a young child. It was delicious. It was Martha Stewart's Upside Down Rhubarb Cake (something like that). Yum!

Besides that, GoshHusband was nice enough to wash a few windows for me today, while I helped by directing. :) It's a pain, though - we have 16 window panes on each window, with two storm windows, so everything needs to be done inside and out. But they look great now - all sparkly, spanking clean.

nmscienceteacher You made a very good case to have SeaSiren call her OS. Thank you for that. :SUNsmile: As we told her yesterday, zauberflöte and I were very concerned about her fall. I'm glad that our hip sister finally listenend. Do you hear that SeaSiren? :) It sounds like you have to behave yourself and do what you're told with all of these hip sisters looking out for you, and that's said very sweetly with lots of love....
Because awwww, gee, it's only because we care.....
I hope you feel better, hon, and the pain lessens. Just do take good care of yourself, OK? Zaberflote's recommendation sounds good, so just lay around with ice and watch some good shows or some TV this weekend.


Oh yes, before I forget ---about the deck and painting---just a little FYI---my hubby does alot of work with contractors and building and maintance and all that, and he once said that "once you paint something, you always have to paint it". Which means that if you have natural wood, it's probably easier to just keep it stained, then nothing will ever peel.:)
 
OMG, BeckyR, I hadn't heard that, but as I read it I could hear my Gramma's voice with her dead-pan dry humor! Thanks for the chuckle. New England is a special place...but I must confess New Mexico stole my heart years ago with the big big sky, amazing sunsets, and the most beautiful subtle coloration in the landscape imaginable.
 
Hi SeaSiren - I haven't been on very much - out of town relatives are here for part of the weekend on their way to Maine!
O, goodness, your fall - I hurt just to read about it!!! I'm glad you called your OS, and I will keep checking on you. I hope you are doing OK!!
 
SeaSiren Just caught up with your thread and was so sorry to read about your fall. The PT tables always scare me, and reading about you flying off is disturbing. I am so glad you called your doctor. If the pain continues into the week, please call again and go in for an xray.
nmscienceteacher Louise Penny's books are so good. I was envious that you were just starting the first, as I would enjoy reading them again for the first time. I love the characters, and the setting. Want to go find Three Pines.
 
Awww, SeaSiren, I am so sorry for what happened to you at the PT's office! So smart of you to call the doc and am relieved you will get an Xray next week. You are handling this so well. Allow yourself to cry, rant and rave and do whatever you need to. I will be anxiously hoping to hear your next report. Hang in there! I'm so sorry you had to go through this.
 
SeaSiren, I just saw your posting(s) about your accident! I am so sorry this happened. Just awful. That exercise sounds so scary, especially when you had both hips replaced. I hope you are feeling better now, and on the way back to full recovery.
 
You're so sweet to come over to this side and share your support BeckyR:SUNsmile: Do you get back to Boston much??? Loved your VT giggle too!

Peaches I took your advice and allowed myself cry, rant and rave over the weekend!!! AND to add insult to injury... wait for it... I threw my back out - feeding little Miss Lily :kittykiss:.... owie zowie.
Had to send Sweet T out to get more ice packs... thery're here, there... everywhere!
OK I'm convinced I really need that bubble-wrap... :loll:

I vote with you ByGosh... stain is the way to go on the deck... great point about 'once you paint...
nmscienceteacher, I did call the OS again to check in today -- they know my back is really hurt and the hour drive to get checked out is out of the question the next few days... I have my 6-week followup in 9 days so I may just lay low, ice, Advil etc till then.

Good suggestion about that series "The Good Life'... zauberflöte I'm guessing you have a Kindle Fire?? I only have a tablet so Amazon Prime won't let me see those great free shows!! I do LOVE Prime though... worth every cent!
:yes:

All in all, I'm still a hurtin' hip chick...It was such a lost day... got NOTHING accomplished (except a shower today):yes!:... oh that client that wants to drop me emailed and want to 'chat' tommorow... think I'm done with them... will see what they have to say!
 
zauberflöte I'm guessing you have a Kindle Fire??
Ha. I have a 15-yr-old television (the big old kind) and a Roku (best $90 we spent this decade!). No smart anything. Good ol' Stupidphone and me.

I'm unhappy with you :-( that you're hurting. It is NOT repeat NOT a lost day-- pardon my yelling, but, YOU ARE HEALING!!!!!!!! :) :):yay: Just let it happen, and relax. I guess you and OS are in agreement about when to get those xrays-- me? I'd be up at the ER the minute it happened. That's just me....

Be firm with this client when you "chat"... Sweet T and you seem to be together that you're better off without them?

Take care, no more sprained things, ok? ()()()()()()()()()()()()()
()()()()()()()()()()()()()
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
()()()()()()()()()()()()()() your bubble wrap.......
 
You sleigh me :rotfl: zauberflöte AND wise! Strangely, I appeciate your yelling at me... I can be so hard on myself. xoxo
 
seaSiren, hope the next few days and a few tons of ice finds you starting to get more mobile so you can see your doc. All you can do is ice and take pain meds till the worst of it passes. Then have your hubby sock the dumb PT in the eye for us! (I have been reading too many murder mysteries....don't really condone violence...just ticked for you) keep us posted on how you are doing and realize these aren't lost days...just a tiny detour!
 
Very true SeaSiren You are healing and sometimes a shower is all you can expect of yourself. Just lay low with lots of ice until you get it all checked out. And if your pain worsens, please don't hesitate to give the OS another call, or consider the ER if you have to, ok? (listen to your big sister, now.) :)
We're looking out for you...
 
SeaSiren, how are you doing? I haven't been online all day and I don't see any word from you! I'm worried!
I think I learned a big truth from you: Stay Off The Furniture!!! Oh, goodness, what a horrible story about your fall; I still can't get over it.
I bet that PT is not sleeping well.
 
Hi hip-sisters ... just jumped on quickly before heading to zzzz-land. Not a great day. Started off poorly when I was simply putting panties on this morning and... uh oh felt my right hip slightly dislocate again! (That darned bubble-wrap hasn't arrived yet!!) :shrug: I called my OS office right away. My surgeon was in surgery so his nurse talked with me. Definately advised not moving around... well no kidding! :what:. I have my TENS purring away on that side and it's helping the pain... I occasionally move the electodes to also stim the sore tendon I hurt too. I'll hear back from the nurse in the morning if they want me to come in... or just wait till next Wednesday for my scheduled appt.
Mt PT checks in on me all the time Songlady & nmscienceteacher. She is a close personal friend and I truly don't hold her responsible... I was dumb and wanted to push myself (I've now had a couple of falls!) but she feels so sorry it happened and hates to see me like this as I'm usually a very upbeat, happy gal...
I am pleased to report that my strained back is dramatically better Peaches & ByGosh...ice packs and TENS... my saviors!
I'll give an update after the nurse reports back what my OS wants me to do...
Sweet Dreams... of happy hips to all! :) xo
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom