Bilateral THR SeaSiren's sweet new hips!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad the back is coming along...keep doing the ice and TENS. Hope that you get into the OS soon and find out what is going on. Hang in and don't do any wild hip gyrations no matter how enticing the music is! Please keep us posted on how you are doing.wish I could help more...keeping you in my prayers.
 
I'm glad your back has improved SeaSiren ! That's good news. You sure don't need that to give you added trouble now, do you. So glad the OS will be contacting you soon, too. Let's hope he can see you before too long. It's smart that you're keeping iced and resting in the meantime, though! Do you have a reacher/grabber? You may have to use that to get the undies on for a while, unless you go commando! :heehee: My husband had to help me when I was fresh post-op.
Have you spoken to your PT personally since the fall? She must feel really terrible about it! I would, if it were me.

If it's not too much for you right now, what brand is your TENS and can it be ordered online? It sure seems to be helping you a lot, which is great.
 
Since I can't yet wander around the mall for a new outfit... a new avatar will have to do!

Yes ByGosh my PT still feels horrible about the 'mishap' and even had a heavenly box of 'Edible Arrangements' chocolate covered strawberries & apples delivered on Friday... very medicinal :wink:. Also my particular TENS isn't available online... but I found what looks like a good unit that can be sold without a prescription - worth checking out? broken link removed: https://www.reboundpainrelief.com/

Yesterday was my first outing in 9 days and it was sooo wonderful being out and about (I tried my best to ignore my misable right hip barking at me!) Sweet-T first took me to a natural health food shop just over the NH border in Kittery, Maine that carries the Elmore oil... then we went to a wonderful 'in the rough' seafood restaurant right on the water for lobster rolls.... sat out on the pier with a fabulous ocean breeze and we each had a tasty tropical rum drink:martini:... now I was able to ignore my discomfort!! It did take what seemed like forever to walk (on crutches) to our table and people actually cheered me on when we got there! Every single step on my right leg is killer... zauberflöte haven't gone yet... but can't wait to finally see the OS in 3 days!!! Hip feels like it continually slips out of socket now :hairpulling:...

So last night I tried massaging the Elmore in various places - bursitis and sore tendon, had a nice fragrance and seemed to sooth...

How is everyone's Sunday going?? Finish painting your door nmscienceteacher????
 
SeaSiren, Your new avatar is very pretty....God bless u honey! What a trooper u are....I think your attitude is keeping you going... Keep it up!
Sitting out on the pier with a "drink" is my idea of heaven. I will be going out tonite for the first time since new years eve. I couldn't handle sitting for a long stretch of time. We are headed down to the Galley Hatch in Hampton. It is our 40th wedding anniversary and my husband loves the Galley Hatch. I'll toast 1 to you, to feeling better and getting on with your recovery. I hope your apt with your OS goes well. Take care.
 
Oh wow anniemg HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Sweets!! :yay: Guess what... The Galley Hatch is literally 3 miles from my house!!! Hey maybe I can get Sweet-T to bring me by for a quick hello??!! Wouldn't that be a hoot! Let me know when you're going to be there!! :egypdance:
 
SeaSiren how can I have missed coming over to check up on you after your fall and I'm so sorry you are still struggling with lots of pain and discomfort. It's promising however that you managed to get out and about yesterday without too many problems and I'm hoping the Elmore Oil will work it's wonders on your poor body!! Rum is obviously a wonderful medicine and maybe should be taken regularly, twice a day before meals :heehee: Mmm, lobster yum, I love seafood especially if it's fresh, a tonic in itself, I hope your day out helped with your blues. Only a few more days until you see your OS, I hope he has only good news for you x
 
SeaSiren Hi, so good to hear from you, dear bilateral sis! Sorry your hip is not feeling so good. I'm sure your brilliant OS can help whatever it is. I'm so sorry it happened to you, but I am completely confident you will be fine.
Great that you got out, bought some Elmore Oil and then went to a nice waterfront restaurant! Rum - yum! I agree with Littlejem - it sure can be medicinal. That's what they used in the olden days, after all.....
I'm admiring you that you're keeping up your spirits, too. We all have our 'things' to deal with, so we may as well not be swallowed up by them. "By this time next year....." that's what one of our BoneSmart friends says, and it's good to keep in mind.
anniemg HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! 40 years is a long time, my dear. He certainly must have been your childhood sweetheart. No matter, he's still your sweetheart, that's what counts. I hope you have a lovely time at your
restaurant And have a toast for me, too. :)
[Bonesmart.org] SeaSiren's sweet new hips!
 
SeaSiren so sorry the hear about your fall. Things like that happen so fast and I also feel for you PT. Having both hips done together is a huge feat. I had both done but 6 weeks apart. That took a lot of patience to work through all the PT visits and to regain strength again. It will be interesting to read as to what the OS tells you, I hope it's good news.
 
Oh wow anniemg HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Sweets!! :yay: Guess what... The Galley Hatch is literally 3 miles from my house!!! Hey maybe I can get Sweet-T to bring me by for a quick hello??!! Wouldn't that be a hoot! Let me know when you're going to be there!!​
SeaSiren, omg...that is hysterical....i told my husband that one of the hipsta's lived in north hampton...he said, u should get in touch with her and see if she lives near the Galley Hatch....What are the chances? When you r feeling better, I'll take a drive back down your way and meet u for a "rum" at the Galley Hatch....when u can sit comfortably and if you are open to that.
Thank you for the anniversary wishes...we had a wonderful meal and then we walked around Hampton Beach for a while before heading for home...
ByGosh, zauberflöte, Nurse Bob & I met at work. In high school i worked waitressing for a local caterer and Bob worked there as a banquet cook. I always tell him....my parents liked him better than they liked me!!!!
I had a toast for all of us...I toasted to all the bonesmarties that have gotten me thru the past 5 months.
 
anniemg I'm glad you went out and toasted! Is your hubby a nurse?
That would be great if you could meet SeaSiren. I wonder how many friendships have started from BoneSmart? I don't just mean all of us being friends on-line, I mean in person. Wouldn't it be fun to meet everyone? :)
 
anniemg Oh, I get it now. Of course, he was your nurse. :heehee: Gee, I guess I'm a little slow on the uptake here! What a good man, I'm glad you married him! Plus, he's probably a good cook and can fix the house up for you, too. :)
 
I'll take a drive back down your way and meet u for a "rum" at the Galley Hatch....when u can sit comfortably
It's a DATE!! I saw you had logged off right as I wrote I was around the corner - sorry we couldn't connect Saturday night... So glad you had such a nice evening out!! Was a long time coming my friend :egypdance:

Wish me luck with my OS appt tomorrow!! Right hip really being naughty... keeps feeling like it pops out of the socket and ouch when it does!... :sorry: this is getting so frustrating!
 
SeaSiren Please be sure to tell you OS everything, what happened during PT and now you feel like it pops in and out of socket, he does need to know everything. If need be write it down and take it with you ask all the questions you need answered. I hope you get nothing but good news when you see him. Please let us know when you find out your friends here at BS are concerned.
 
Thank you Liveringer... I am jotting it all down now! Still suffering from some brain-drain! :what: ... so that's fab advice! Will share what he has to say tomorrow!
 
Just catching up SeaSiren.. What a beautiful avatar..

So sorry about the incident with your PT, do update us after your OS visit
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom