TKR Scrunchkin's recovery Thread

Don't get too excited about my stair success............I'm still doing one foot at a time. I haven't become a 'big girl' yet on steps.......:snork: I use my old knee (which isn't very good) to go up and go down........which means I bend my new knee going down. Every so often, I will use my new knee to go up, just to try strengthening it more. It is a bit uncomfortable still, so I don't do this much. I have stairs to go to bed every night. These steps are a good width and we now have a railing on both sides. The railings are a tremendous help in going up and down. No matter what I deal with from day to day, I can see an improvement each week. :yay:
 
WTG @Scrunchkins on the steps! To underscore Tim's point about how difficult it is to mess up the lovely construction job in your knee, my own incident: I had my knees done 7 weeks apart (rightie 1st, then leftie). About 3 weeks after the 2nd, I was going down the stairs when leftie got impatient and decided to slide down 2 extra steps, leaving the heel of rightie firmly implanted in my butt! :sick: I was terrified the whole thing was going to fall apart! But no, other than some soreness for a couple of days, all was well, and boy! was my ROM improved! I do not, however, recommend that form of therapy to anyone!! So glad your pain dissipated by this morning. All will be well.:happydance:
 
Glad to know you're okay, Tim. And happy to hear how tough these new knees really are. :)

And Lynn, I'll be sure to keep my heels out of my butt........:heehee: ........glad you're okay, too. :)
 
Yes, I ended up with a great recovery. We actually hiked the Camino de Compostela in Spain in September - 110 km in 7 days. My knees never felt better!

Noticed you're in PA - I'm originally from Erie.
 
That sounds like an exciting hike. I'm looking forward to moving around more freely as my recovery progresses. I know I'm doing well overall, but this certainly does take time.

I'm on exactly the other side of PA. Northeast corner. Winter here has been crazy. I've been lucky to not have been dealing with alot of snow and ice and worry about falling.
 
Would just like to report the knee pain is even less this morning. Elevated and iced again last night. There is still some pain when I sit and get up, but it's so much better than Tuesday. So I know this will heal and I can move on again. I was even able to bend it going down my regular steps this morning and it wasn't too uncomfortable. Nellie is a happier girl today. :happydance:
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom