Revision TKR Scared about surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
A "6", at least you are going it the right direction with your pain levels.
 
@Pumpkln
While a 6 is better its still not great and unfortunately I am going to have some more in the 7 range. All I can do is limit activity and hope for the best.
 
You are doing the best you can, it is almost December and a little closer to your surgery.
 
If anybody believes a change of weather does not affect how you feel I can assure you it does!! Today scattered storms thru Virginia and having done nothing other than dropping car off at mechanic knee is driving me nuts.
 
Sorry the weather is affecting your knee and you're in more pain.
The weather does affect joints for some people - others not so much.
 
Trying hard to stay positive but this knee pain is for the birds!! Granted due to my being stupid and over doing it I have only one person to blame me. Those are the days I am hitting solid 7's on the pain scale. On the other hand today did really nothing had to get a few things at store approx. 15minutes and got some leaves off the yard. No I did not spend any realtime raking in piles bagging etc used my garden tractor was done 20 minutes. What bugs me why it hurts like it does??? No pain meds today lots of ice several times during day now its just a very annoying ache. Hate this knee
 
You've traveled a rough road with this knee pain. Just wanted to tel you I'm pulling for you for your upcoming surgery to get on the road to recovery!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Pumpkln
The more I try and make sense the more confused I get? I totally get it if you over do it you pay ( I have that concept down pat!! ). My surgeon has me going to PT in hopes it will help strengthen new prior to surgery which does make sense. Now what I do not get and really I am not trying to over do it at PT even with really easy exercises ( pretty much what's suggested in knee recovery exercises ) the rest of the day is shot due to pain. I have been 4x each time I have made adjustments due to how the knee feels once done. Today I was told do what I feel comfortable with, some exercises I could complete 2 sets of 10 others after 10 stopped.
My plan for my next visit Saturday is to do the same exercises but only half as many reps. Example instead of 2 sets of 10 leg raises ( in my case standing up leg raises ) 2 sets of 5. My hope by decreasing the reps hopefully decrease the pain? Knowing my luck it will have zero effect.
Only reason I am asking you since its possible you have had somewhat the same issues with your knee prior to getting the hinged?? This drama with my knee is really getting to me if in theory a new knee should last at least 10 yrs I have already had enough to last a life time.
 
I agree with your plan to cut the exercises in half. Maintaining your muscle tone is a good goal.
Half of strength gain is just learning how to do an exercise.
Ask the PT to review what you will need to do to get around with your new knee, just moving around that first day can be a challenge.
Three exercises I like to do because they wake up your leg muscles in the morning before you get out of bed are gluteal sets, quad sets, and ankle pumps. You should have been given these during your previous recoveries.
 
@Pumpkln
You agree cutting back is okay maintaining strength is also good, however still dealing with a totally messed up knee!! 12/31/20 I get the new knee until then dealing with this one is for the birds.
 
Wonder what is worse me complaining about my wonderful knee or those that read about it??
:rotfl:

Hang in there @NFenske ! You day soon!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I am complaining yet again why might you ask?? Have done nothing today it supposed to rain later ( everytime weather changes I can tell and its not fun ) and good old knee is driving me nuts. Been icing elevating and took a pain pill not a good day. What is even more troubling after the surgery I am going to wish it only hurt this bad!! In some ways I wish this was my first TKR then it would all be a surprise in my case I know exactly what to expect fun fun.
 
@Celle or anyone??
Just want to make sure I did this correctly as far as DIY ice packs. 2 cups rubbing alcohol and 8 cups water based on what I read now the question after being in the freezer overnight should it be mostly liquid or somewhat slushy like a gel pack?
I made 2 one of them going exactly by directions mostly liquid the 2nd mostly slushy instead of 2 cups of alcohol used 1.5. Just curious how thick or thin solution is supposed to be.
 
That is where I got my info from. Just wondering if after 8+ hours if it should be mostly slushy or mostly liquid?? My guess would be slushy might stay colder longer but not sure I want to make sure I did it right.
 
If you go by the last few images the pack while off white in color looks more slushy then liquid. If what I am guessing is right then at least from what I did 2 cups of alcohol needs to be reduced.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom