THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

It is, @Mojo333 I continue walking a lot. Actually cleaned, deep cleaned my house. I was able to reach all the lower portions of my furniture to dust. Funny thing, I still can't trim my toe nails or tie my shoes! But can shave my legs! Good my husband is agreeable
 
Hey @SarahBee
Nice to see you buzz on by. I'll bet your fever is gone by now. It sounds like you're doing really well and back
at most things you were able to do before your hip began deteriorating. Want to wish you a Happy Six Month Anniversary, a few days early since we don't see you around much these days. Understandable though as getting back to our life is the reason we go through this process. I hope you have a lovely Autumn!
 
:wave: Yes, @Layla The fever was gone by bedtime, slept well and feel great today. Thanks for the anniversary remembrance. Seems impossible but it really has been almost six months. Waiting for the temperatures outside to "fall" and I will be a happy camper. Hope you have a lovely day.
 
Thanks, Chrissie @Hoppy Nanny Monday I had my pneumonia vaccine in the same arm. Since it was already sore, I thought why not. The heat has been in the 90's the last couple of days but is supposed to be cooler tomorrow.

My OS called me today to thank me for a card and photo I had sent him. The photo was me climbing a (small) hill at a Yorktown battlefield. I warned him my left leg is grouching at me so I will see him sooner than later. Otherwise, all is well.

Hope all is well with you
 
Ahh double joy @ SarahBee
Hope your arm has recovered.. I bet the surgeon loved the picture of you walking up a hill.. with the new hip he installed. That must provide great satisfaction, I’m sure.

Sorry that other leg is grouching.... it might just be from your different gait post op... hoping!!!

I’m very well... hip fab... getting geared up for knee op on 14th.... a bit of deja vu going on!!
Think I’m ready
love Chrissie x
 
Happy 6 month anniversary @SarahBee

What a thoughtful idea to send your OS a picture and a note. Happy to hear you are doing so well. Hope that other leg quiets down. We finally have a cooler day here up North lol. Hope you do as well. Sending lots of xxxxx. Enjoy your Fall Sarah.
 
@Hoppy Nanny and @Fit4Family The other leg is intermittent and doesn't slow me down. I knew this was coming based on the Xrays back in February. The right hip had collapsed so it had to be done first. The surgeon told me then, I'll see you before the end of the year for the left. I hope it will be okay until after the holidays but I won't wait for agony to set in.


Hope you both have a lovely weekend. I need to catch up with everyone but time hasn't permitted. Take care.
 
Anyone have any knowledge of the safety of the Shingles Vaccine for THR patients? My primary caredoctor recommends it but is leaving it up to me. Thoughts?
 
I think the only risk would be is if you had the shingles vaccine just before having a THR ... I can’t imagine it would pose a problem now after 6 months but looking forward to any other informed comments..
 
@SarahBee I would think your OS may know the answer. I have had those vaccines, older and newer, after seeing my mom get shingles on her face after bumping her head in the shower.
 
I had a shingles vaccine post LTHR. No problems with it. I think if your doctor is fine with you having it - go for it. Certainly better than having shingles!
 
Hey @SarahBee
Always nice to see your cute lil avatar. Looks like you had your question answered regarding the Shingles Vaccine.
I hope Lefty isn't giving you too much grief these days. Wishing you a beautiful Autumn. It's waning fast in my neck of the woods. :boohoo:
Have a great weekend!
 
Thanks for your answers. I will call my OS to be sure but seems it is not an issue.

@Layla we are having a good week, temps around 70° this week. Beautiful and sunny. Many of our trees are still green so "fall" has really started. It has been incredibly dry with little rain. But I am enjoying it because I can walk outside.
 
Another thin g... I had my routine physical yesterday. The nurse had a hip replacement in January and is really struggling with her limp. I was able to pass on heel-toe walking, which she was practicing when I left.
:walking:
 
Haha! Love it....she was practicing when you left.
I hope it works for her.
Enjoy that beautiful weather you're having. Hope your weekend is great! :SUNsmile:
@SarahBee
 
Yesterday marked my seven month anniversary and things continue to improve. I can say no more than thankful for the healing.
 
:wave: @SarahBee
Seven Months already?!
[Bonesmart.org] Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

I too remain thankful for having new hips to get on with my life.
Thanks for the update.
Things will keep getting better and better.
 
"thankful for the healing" That says it all. Happy Seven Month Anniversary!
Peace, love and happiness to you. Enjoy the holiday season and check back with us soon. Always good to hear from you, Sarah. :)
@SarahBee
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom