THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

I am always reluctant to post as my journey from a debilitating, sedentary life to fully active and pain free has been uneventful. And for that I know I am blessed and I am thankful. I can only hope that someone will read of my before, and now the after, and know that it is so worth the effort. Yesterday was my eight month anniversary and I continue to make progress. While I have some occasional soft tissue discomfort, it seldom rises to even the need for a Tylenol. Anyone who is hesitant, I hope you will find the courage to go forward.

For those who may be suffering post op, I pray for healing and patience and hope and faith. :console2:
 
Oh, Sarah Bee...You are Me (at 8 months out) Happy 8 Month Hipversary.:friends:
I am always reluctant to post as my journey from a debilitating, sedentary life to fully active and pain free has been uneventful.
OH NO MA'AM! Always need to hear the great news about the wonderful ability we have to replace our bad hips.:yes!:

I can only hope that someone will read of my before, and now the after, and know that it is so worth the effort.
I feel the same and I appreciate your letting others know.:loveshwr:

Anyone who is hesitant, I hope you will find the courage to go forward.
Such a perfectly simple encouragement and I too hope that the scary prospect of hip replacement is replaced by the hope that we can live our lives pain free and happy again.
 
Thank you @Mojo333 . This has marked the beginning of a wonderful holiday season. Last Thanksgiving, I barely was able to sit at the table. This year, I was able to enjoy being surrounded by my family, sitting long after the meal was finished. Hard to imagine the pain of 15 years is gone and it brings tears to my eyes when I really think on it. Wishing all of you the blessings of this holiday season. And thanks to Bonesmart people for being there in my darkest moments.
 
Hi, sweet Sarah :wave: Happy Eight Month Anniversary!
It's so nice to hear from you and simply wonderful to read how well you're doing. Please don't ever hesitate to check in. I
Your update is encouraging and offers hope to those in pain awaiting surgery as well as those in early recovery to read posts of those who are back enjoying and living a pain free life. After all, that is the reason we sign up for THR in the first place and we can't feel guilty for having a positive result, but instead offer up prayer, support and encouragement to those making their way through a complication.

Reading how you enjoyed the Thanksgiving holiday and are grateful for your blessings is heartwarming. May your Christmas be beautiful and the New Year filled with peace, joy and love. Will look forward to hearing from you again, until then...all the best!
@SarahBee
 
@SarahBee what a wonderful update and agree with the others about you posting. It does give hope and encouragement to those trying to decide on surgery, waiting on surgery or newly post-op. I remember following your posts when I first came on the forum and knowing there was light at the end of the tunnel.

Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas and the happiest of new year's!
 
@Layla it always brings tears to my eyes to read your sweet comments. You and so many others helped me to overcome fear of the unknown. But your kindness always touches me. I hope you have a most blessed Christmas and New Year.

@Elf1 Look at you, all grown up and a new Forum Advisor! Congratulations! Your kindness and patience will be a blessing to Bonesmart. I hope my posts were of a bit of help to you. Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year.
 
Wishing all a very blessed holiday season and a Happy New Year.I

My recovery on my hip continues to progress. I have been thrown a for a loop, however, as I will see a breast specialist on January 2 for two abnormalities found on my mammogram and not clarified by the ultrasound. I don't know what my new year holds so any and all prayers will be appreciated.

I wish you all well. :happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:
 
Oh my word....I'm so sorry. I will remember you in prayer, SarahBee.
Thou will keep him in perfect peace, who's mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Isaiah 26:3.
You are never alone here so please count on us for support as needed.
Sending love and a warm hug. Please stay in contact and let us know how your January 2nd appt goes. :prayer:
Wishing you a peaceful Christmas.
@SarahBee
 
You're in my thoughts and prayers, Sarah.
Wishing you comfort, peace of mind, the best possible outcome on Thursday and a New Year filled with many blessings.
@SarahBee

:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:
 
@SarahBee keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. :prayer:
Hoping your appointment today brought you the answers you needed. :console2:
 
Sending angel blessings of comfort and healing your way, hipster-sister, Sarah. Our prayers are holding a safe and soft spot for you to land for whatever is coming your way. Hugs. ❤️
 
[Bonesmart.org] Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk. and keeping you in my thoughts.

I have been down this road as well, all the way to the end ... and here I am supporting you in this journey. This too shall pass. xx

[Bonesmart.org] Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk. Izzy xx
 
Happy 9 month anniversary to my right hip! It continues to make me proud. And oh, how blessed I feel every day to get up and move without pain or fear. Really, to just move! Something I avoided doing for so long. Ah yes, I am blessed! :) :-) (:

as for the appointment yesterday: the doctor is comparing my old films with my new to see if these nasty little beggars have been present for a while. If so, she feels they can be safely ignored, assuming no change at all. If there are changes, or they are new, we will have needle biopsies and go from there. Overall, she isn't extremely concerned as they do not "look" like problems. She gave me several reasons why they are not suspect and I trust her judgment. I will know more by the end of the month. So positive feelings there. :fingersx:

Thank you all for your warm and loving support. @Layla @Bfam85 @Elf1 @Fit4Family @Izabel @Mojo333 @Hip4life ...... Did I forget anyone? Y'all are the best! :friends:
 
Hello and Happy Friday :)
Encouraging news for sure, Sarah! Thanks for updating us. We were concerned for you and it's great to read your doctor doesn't seem extremely troubled and offered you positive reassurance. Praying for confirmation of good results by the end of the month. Please stay in touch.
Wishing you a peaceful weekend!
@SarahBee
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom