I think it depends on what the very early pt entails.
My home pt guys wanted to see how I got around with the walker, had me get up from and back into my recliner to see if I was doing it in a way that protected my hip, checked that I was doing quad sets, heel slides, and ankle pumps correctly, and helped me to get that old log leg to cooperate with my brain. I was glad to have those guys around, they were very helpful for showing us how to make me more comfortable and safe.
Week Two exercises had to do with balance and proprioception/kinesthesia which tends to get lost on some of us as we get more and more debilitated.
But bridges, clamshells, and squats? Heck no!
Save that strengthening stuff for way later on if you need it.
My home pt guys wanted to see how I got around with the walker, had me get up from and back into my recliner to see if I was doing it in a way that protected my hip, checked that I was doing quad sets, heel slides, and ankle pumps correctly, and helped me to get that old log leg to cooperate with my brain. I was glad to have those guys around, they were very helpful for showing us how to make me more comfortable and safe.
Week Two exercises had to do with balance and proprioception/kinesthesia which tends to get lost on some of us as we get more and more debilitated.
But bridges, clamshells, and squats? Heck no!
Save that strengthening stuff for way later on if you need it.
United States



