Guest viewing is limited

THR Sandy's Recovery Thread (after a fall)

You're welcome, Sandy. I hope the best for her also. Wishing her a great surgical team and rehab plan.
She's young and if she doesn't rush her recovery, it's likely she'll do well and be able to return to all that she loves.
Have a wonderful week! :)
@myglasshalffull
 
Stopping by to say Hi and wish you a very Merry Christmas and all of the best in 2026! Your dedication, support, encouragement and willingness to share your time makes a difference here. You're a blessing, Sandy!
I know your best friend's granddaughter will undergo surgery soon. Wishing the best for her. She's young and will hopefully bounce back quickly. Have a great week!
@myglasshalffull
:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:
 
Oh thank you so much! My friend’s grand daughter had her surgery this morning in Boston. From what my GF told me she did well, was groggy & in a little pain but it went well.
I did some research on her particular surgery (torn labrum). So I’ll wait to hear further from my GF once her grand daughter is home & she speaks with her son about how she’s doing.
A very Merry Christmas to you as well & I love reading & participating here when I have something to add to the conversation. February will be 4 years for my replacement. I have no clue where the time has gone. But I continue to do very well. I have dog I sit for today & we’ve walked 5 miles so far today! He’s passed out on the couch!
 
Just wanted to let everyone know we just found out my partner’s son & wife are expecting a baby boy in July! It was revealed at our annual family Christmas gathering here last Saturday! They were married 3 years this past May. We are thrilled!
Both are in the medical field. His son is an operating room assistant ( seen many hip replacements), and his wife just received her masters degree this past summer & is in radiology.
I know this is supposed to be all hip related but I feel like many of you are part of my family now so had to share our blessed news.
 
Aww, a precious new baby to snuggle, kiss and enjoy. That is blessed news! Congrats on the new addition to your family, Sandy!
@myglasshalffull
 
Congratulations!!! New baby announcements are always allowed. It’s an important life event which makes a difference and it will give you a whole new postop activity.
 
Guess what a 73 year old woman shouldn’t do? Shovel snow! My shoulder is killing me! I just put some BioFreeze on it. My hip feels fine! lol!
Quiet forum here last couple of days. Guess everyone has been busy with the holidays.
 
Oh no! Snow shoveling is so hard -- even when we are in good physical shape. Sorry you hurt your shoulder, but glad the hip is okay.

Yes, the forum has been quiet over the holidays. Hoping we'll see lots of returning members for the New Year's Eve party this week!

Take care of that shoulder. :console2:
 
Yes, that snow shoveling can cause all sorts of problems. Sorry about your shoulder, Sandy. I hope it feels better soon.
We are in the midst of a snowstorm in my neck of the woods right after the remnants of an earlier snowfall had almost melted away. Pretty to watch...but that's about it.

Yes, it's slow on the forum with the holidays and people traveling and entertaining company. It is one of those weeks when I lose track of what day of the week it is, :scratch: lol.
Happy Sunday!
@myglasshalffull
 
Happy to report the shoulder is just fine this morning! Boy the muscles we don’t use really let us know when we over work them!
A little BioFreeze & Advil did the trick. Now it’s raining!
Off to a hockey game this AM for my grandson.
Happy Monday.
 
This is GREAT news!! So glad things resolved for you.
 
Congratulations on the news of a new baby :loveshwr:

Glad that your shoulder is feeling better! As I've become more active I get all sorts of upper body twinges. Soft tissue certainly let's us know when it's called into action for the first time in a while!
 
Safe travels tomorrow, to our dedicated forum friend! You are always a positive and encouraging presence here.
I wish you a pleasant journey and hope you have a wonderful time soaking up the warmth of the sun in the Virgin Islands.
Enjoy, Sandy! :SUNsmile:
@myglasshalffull
 
Today is the 4 year anniversary of my hip replacement. Where did years go but they flew by and I’m so grateful to be back to my normal life once again.
We just returned from our annual two week vacation to the Virgin Islands & had a very enjoyable trip.
I did so much walking and felt great soaking in the turquoise waters.
Thanks to everyone here that joined me in my journey & recovery. I couldn’t have done it that first year without all the information & support. When you aren’t planning on a hip replacement and have not prepared your self it’s quite different. I had friends that had hips done but never thought much about it until all of a sudden it was me! One slip on the ice and my world changed.
Thank you for all you do.
 
Happy 4th hip-anniversary, @myglasshalffull :loveshwr:

And thanks for your wonderful support of our members over all these years. We are so grateful for members like you who stick with us and make BoneSmart the wonderful community that it is.
 
What a wonderful, encouraging report you have given about your THR! Those who have this surgery coming up will see that there is a good future for them afterward!
 
Happy Four Year Anniversary, Sandy!
Wow...four years already. Time certainly flies. Good to read you had an enjoyable trip. You had me at "turquoise waters". It sounds like paradise!

Thank you for the consistent support you bring to the community. Your thoughtful encouragement and steady positivity does not go unnoticed. You've been an uplifting blessing to many through out your time here. We're lucky to have you. Have a wonderful week! :SUNsmile:
@myglasshalffull
 
@myglasshalffull Happy Hip-versary! Four years. That’s crazy, right? It’s so wonderful to celebrate with you! And thank you for all of your positive, uplifting support you give all the members here. It’s members like you that make BoneSmart the amazing forum it is. Thank you.
Here’s to four more years and beyond! :cheers:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom