Guest viewing is limited

TKR Sandi's knees, take 2

I found that weather changes affected my new knee for about 6 months or so. Now, not at all. Of course, the old one fusses at weather changes still, but not My Brat!
 
I wasn't driving at six week. Lots of icing through almost 12 weeks, starting to forget those first several months. Isn't that great I am actually forgetting those first few months which every day was something I dreaded. Stay patient, which is hard when you want it to be better now.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So, @sandi4213 , it seems you just took off in the car without me? Harumph, I was certain I'd be your first passenger, lol. CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS! FREEDOM BABY!!!!

Oh, BTW, I just *re-hit* 10 minutes on my bike again today and hey, I'm only about 3 months ahead of your new knee, hahahaha! Yeah, you're just a RockStar kid.:heehee:

Earworm: Canned Heat, "On The Road Again"!
 
I went to PT today. My flexion went to 108. After starting out so slowly, it has really picked up the pace. Now if I can get rid of the swelling above the knee, I'll be really happy. As to that, the therapist showed me a better way to massage it to help gently push the fluid out. He also told me how to wrap it if I want, which may also help. I guess it has to go eventually. :)
 
Just catching up with your thread Sandi!! You're doing amazingly but I expected no less.
6mths chicky from our first op!!! Time has flown x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks @zakmick I am doing well, but I have hit that point where I just want to be "normal" whatever that is. I am ready to start using these 2 new knees to do all the things I haven't been able to for so many years, but it will be a while before rightly is ready to get out much. I am still looking for that illusive "patience" :heehee:
 
To be normal... 'what is that??' I've been dreaming of doing squats in my sleep and then wanting to show off to people in my dreams [emoji23] and even running. But I know I won't be able to go this but I just can't wait for the day where I walk and not think can I get there? Is there a step/s? Is there an incline/decline? Am I going to trip? Can I slide into that spot? Can I lift my leg high enough???
I have to trust the knee tests what my therapist and OS say.... I'm
Trying too...


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Pheebs52 has cornered the market on patience and is making a killing by parsing it out to the Red Box Distribution network. :wink:

You're doing great! Your flexion is coming along and you're energy is getting back up there. You'll be reclaiming all the fun things in your life before you know it.
 
Well, had my 6 week check up today. The drive went okay, I took my ice wrap and used it all the way. In fact, the PA was holding my leg up to look at extension and the incision when he said " have you been icing?". My leg was warm under the incision and cold on top. This was probably 20 minutes after I took off the ice. :heehee:

So, x-rays look great, he is happy with my rom so far, said to keep doing what I am doing. He then told me that they didn't need a follow up with me, but to come in if I have an issue or a concern. What? I'm done? :what: Yep, he didn't see any reason for me to come back.

He also said that the swelling above my knee WILL go away...eventually. Same thing pt said yesterday. I need to have patience (!) and just do the massage, stretching, icing, elevation that I am doing.

2 more pt appointments in the next 2 weeks, and then my knee and I are really on our own. Well, except for all of you, of course. I don't know what I would do without you. :cheers:
 
Excellent! What a great report, and so liberating to know you've been doing all the right things. :happydance: It really amazing to be on our own with new knees. Kinda of feel like a whole new person, an upgraded version of yourself. Still you, but better knees.
 
Awesome news Sandi! You are moving right along doing all the right things! You will be a new person doing all sorts of things you could only imagine very soon! Hang in there girl!
 
@sandi4213, what a fabulous report; whoohoo! You'll be dancing in the streets before you know it! [emoji151]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Now, have you ever wondered just where all that fluid actually goes?
It goes back into your circulation via the lymphatic system and is eventually passed out as urine.
 
Thanks @Celle ,I actually knew that. The conversation was meant to be humorous, hence the comment about "lost pounds". I appreciate you sharing, though, there may be those who don't know how that works.
 
Congratulations! Your report is stellar! Your recovery is going GREAT! Good for you! :flwrysmile:
Life will return to " normal" soon .... whatever that is! :heehee:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom