Guest viewing is limited

TKR Rubyroo TKR #2

Yes, you are! Always so kind to everyone with words of encouragement! :roseshwr:
 
Did a couple errands today- a couple greenhouses/nurseries. Bought a couple houseplants & a ceramic pot. Walked around a good bit. Came home & was absolutely wiped out! Didn’t know I was wiped out. Took a major nap. Trying to be done with Tramadol. I have 11 pills left & I know they’re not going to give me anymore. Last time I had some was Monday- and today is only Wednesday. Didn’t sleep well last night- tossed & turned- wasn’t in pain but just achy & uncomfortable. Finally took a Melatonin & that helped a bit. Obviously if I’m really in pain I’ll take a Tramadol. But I may as well get used to only ES Tylenol- which I already take regularly!
 
Gosh Ru, I hadn’t realised your op was quite recent, my heart goes out to you, keep up the good work you’ll soon be through the worst of it hopefully, I’m debating with myself whether to have my left knee done as I’m not sure I want to go through the recovery again :no-fin:
 
Congratulations, Rubyroo! I was also released from PT about 2 weeks ag, & while l love my therapist, I was glad to be “ on my own”. She was very good to give me some additional exercises & review my printed ones that I brought, & I came home with a plan. She told me, “ you will have some hard days, this is a long recovery, but I’m really excited with your progress.” So she was realistic, & it helps when I do occasionally have a bad day. I’m working on self-discipline to work in some of the exercises daily, along with ADL’s. I think maybe this is a common challenge for many of us? But, isn’t it nice to have no appointments other than the occasional Dr. visit? Easy to overdo, I see so much I want to do now ! . But I try to listen to my body. You’re smart to take that nap! I’m so excited for you! Isn’t it amazing how good just doing ADL’s feels? for you. Continue to take good care of yourself, and enjoy life!
 
Successfully off of the Tramadol. Last time I took it was 9 days ago on January 31st. Still pumping the extra strength Tylenol a couple of times a day. I’ve been getting out a bit more driving, doing some errands. Nice to have the independence back. Driving gets to be a bit uncomfortable for my knee after a bit- lots of bending getting in & out & stuck in one position mostly while driving. Still feeling overall tired & knee can be a bit uncomfortable periodically but that can be expected. But overall things are coming along well- slowly but surely. Some days it is more difficult to be patient with this recovery- but unfortunately there is nothing you can do to make it progress more quickly. Here’s to putting one foot in front of the other each day!
 
@Rubyroo, you're moving well on that road to full recovery. Take it easy from one who spends time on the ODIC bench "on the regular" as the kids say. Keep up the great work and take care not to push that baby too hard.
:yahoo:
 
I walked around the block today for the first time since my surgery! It was slow and not pretty but I made it. Knee just felt a bit stiff & tight because I have haven’t been walking much since it’s been a bit chilly for my NC liking. But no pain- I just clunked on right around there! I shall try it again tomorrow as long as my knee doesn’t give me any lip. In just a few more days (2-18-22) I’ll be 10 weeks post op. Very happy about my walk around the block! :flwrysmile:
 
Congrats on the first block walk! You might want to wait a day between your walks to make sure it's not too much for your baby knee. For only 2 months out you are doing great! You don't want to cause a setback.
 
I agree with sistersinhim, great job on that longer walk, but I would wait a day or so before doing that walk again, for the reason she mentioned. Try a shorter walk today, if you’re up for it.
 
I think we posted at the same time!

Great job, but be watchful how your knee reacts.
 
Congrats, Rubyroo! I remember how great it felt to reach that around the block milestone too. You're doing great!
 
Around the block for the first time was like a marathon for me. I wanted someone to hand me water at each corner and I wanted a warming blanket when I finished - hahaha. Those seemingly small accomplishments, especially when pain-free, are HUGE!
 
I wanted someone to hand me water at each corner and I wanted a warming blanket when I finished - hahaha.
I'm picturing people lined up behind the tape cheering you on like at the Boston Marathon :heehee:

Go Hawkie, go! Go Rubyroo, go!!! :walking:
 
Well although I managed walking around the block for the first time on Tuesday 2-15 & didn’t experience pain or discomfort that afternoon or evening or the next day- I felt comfortable trying another walk around the block on Wednesday 2-16 & that went well, again- no pain or discomfort that afternoon or evening. I was totally stoked! Felt like I was so good at listening to my knee & body. So the next day- Thursday 2-17 my knee was talking to me a little so I thought I’d chill that day & give it a rest. By Friday 2-18 both of my knees were uncomfortable and not feeling good- nothing awful- but as the night wore on they bothered me more & more. I did run around & do several errands- getting in & out of the car. By midnight I was not enjoying it & almost took a Tramadol but didn’t & did end up getting to sleep ok. Today I’m puttering around the house & doing some icing. After I get over this- when I do begin walking- I believe I may try to walk every other day. Gosh- just when you think you are rounding a corner to pass Go & collect- you get a reality check! Ahhh…this journey- it’s the “gift that keeps on giving”. :groan:
 
It's so easy to overdo when you're feeling better and you don't realize that your knees might not be ready for so much activity. You're doing the right thing by icing and elevating and taking a day or two off. The ODIC, (overdid it club), is not a nice place to be a member of, though you'll meet a lot of us there! Experience is the best teacher.
 
Hey @Rubyroo Yes, yes. This recovery is a bit of a rollercoaster. Sometimes, it feels like this:
:good-bad:.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom